Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

If we win the next game, the highest we can be is 13th (assuming everyone else between us and 13th loses).

If we lose the next game, the lowest we can be is 23rd.

Could do with 2-3 wins in a row to start looking like challengers.

On 03/09/2016 at 13:03, villa4europe said:

next 5 fixtures - forest, brentford, ipswich (a), newcastle, barnsley (a)

newcastles - derby (a), QPR (a), wolves, villa (a), norwich

we'll be above them by the end of september

Its a good chance to catch Newcastle.

4 points from Forest & Brentford, a loss against Ipswich, a draw against Newcastle and a win against Barnsley.  8 points from those 5 games for us, but hopefully 10-12 if we can click.

Newcastle should get around 6-9 points.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

4 points from Forest & Brentford, a loss against Ipswich, a draw against Newcastle and a win against Barnsley.  8 points from those 5 games for us, but hopefully 10-12 if we can click.

You would like to think so on paper but the bristol city result was terrible, cant afford anymore of those. We need to now start winning games consistently if we can do that I think we will finish in top 3. 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

If we win the next game, the highest we can be is 13th (assuming everyone else between us and 13th loses).

If we lose the next game, the lowest we can be is 23rd.

Could do with 2-3 wins in a row to start looking like challengers.

Unless we win 2-0...then 11th, 4-0...up to 8th.  ;)

On 06/09/2016 at 11:07, ender4 said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with catching Newcastle? We are 5 games in. Newcastle may win the league, I think they will, or they may finish mid table. Or neither of the above! It's far too early to be targeting one particular team. I also think we need to accept that we may not be challenging this season and concentrate on arresting the slide instead. It's going to take longer than a few moths to fumigate the club and rebuild after the catastrophy that ensued last year. 

Next season, however.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with catching Newcastle? We are 5 games in. Newcastle may win the league, I think they will, or they may finish mid table. Or neither of the above! It's far too early to be targeting one particular team. I also think we need to accept that we may not be challenging this season and concentrate on arresting the slide instead. It's going to take longer than a few moths to fumigate the club and rebuild after the catastrophy that ensued last year. 

Next season, however.......

I'm obsessed with catching whoever is most likely to finish top... until we are top.

Currently, imo Newcastle are most likely to finish top, therefore first job is to catch them.

Not next season. Need to be within a few points of the leaders by Christmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

If our squad is ridiculously thin, I'm interested what people make of other championship squads. 

but they didnt all spend the money we did and still have Libor Kozak and Hutton as bench options and a few kids like Green

On 1 September 2016 at 12:00, hippo said:

No.

Im just saying I don't think we will get promoted with him as he won't be able to mould this set of expensive players into a team. If he can great - happy to be wrong. He has to be given time to fail.

One thing he has shown is he can get players to perform for him and they don't get any more expensive than the Chelsea team. He has more than enough experience and quality to get us up. 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

but they didnt all spend the money we did and still have Libor Kozak and Hutton as bench options and a few kids like Green

I bet you both of those would make the bench at  a majority of championship clubs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Plus the very occasional Friday. 

Our Stadium and infrastructure suggest we are in the wrong place and that raises the expectation in itself,not to mention our recent purchasing power.....however as obvious as it is, we need to remind ourselves that it is the players who are the only ones on match day that can effect the change and get us back.....The Vill

The fans also need to remind themselves, this is a new team and not the one with all the trials and tribulations of last season.

We have to gel and grow in to this league, so we must suppress our frustrations of the last 6 years and understand they are not the same problems as we may now experience....these ones are liable to be temporary, as opposed to last years as inherent.

We need to be the 12th man again.

Â