Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

13% of the season gone, 10 points behind the leaders, 6 points behind the promotion places.

1 win in 7.

Currently 17th, can move up to 12th if we win against Brentford at home.

Need to start closing that gap before its runs away from us.

Luckily there is lots of the season left, and we still haven't played our full strength team.  

38 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

If we don't go the next like, 5 games undefeated, then there is no chance of going up. Too many points dropped already.

It's not about being undefeated really it's about winning games.It's  better to lose one & win one than draw two. Pundits seem to have an obsession about the amount of losses you can have to win the league when it's usually the team with the most wins that wins the league.

Edited by villa89

Just now, villa89 said:

It't not about being undefeated really it's about winning games.It'ster to lose one & win one than draw two. Pundits seem to have an obsession about the amount of losses you can have to win the league when it's usually the team with the most wins that wins the league.

Freudian slip. I meant win the next 5 games.

Cut me some slack it's monday morning

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Yeah, there is a huge glut of teams just one win above us. All we need do is win a couple on the bounce and we are play-offs. Then lets push on from there. I am convinced we will begin to turn these draws into wins, the team know what they have to do and if we can just get Jedi back in there it will make all the difference.

It sounds so easy. Aston Villa Football Club and back to back wins dont really happen

But we really have not had many challenging games thus far this season barring huddesfield. we haven't played newcastle, wolves, blose, brighton to name a few

yet we only have one won. Not good enough in my eyes. needs to imrpove and quickly. Not only are we 6 points behind but already behind on goal dofference which could have  abig say later on in the season. 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

13% of the season gone, 10 points behind the leaders, 6 points behind the promotion places.

1 win in 7.

Currently 17th, can move up to 12th if we win against Brentford at home.

Need to start closing that gap before its runs away from us.

Luckily there is lots of the season left, and we still haven't played our full strength team.  

I love the dramatics of using percentage, fractions etc for the effect of dramatic emphasis. So on the other hand we could say:

Approximately 7 more 13 % 's of the season to play.

1 win in 6, of which we have had the lead in 5, created a plethora of chances, played quite well, without our first choice midfield.

Almost a complete new team taking time to gel.

EDIT: I just realised this is what the end of your post alluded to:P

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Derby and Wednesday away were pretty tough fixtures. Should've probably got 4 points from them instead of the 1 we got as well.

Agreed. We also should have got a lot more points from earlier games. A combination of missed chances and defensive howlers has been our undoing.

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Next 6 games

H BRENTFORD

a Ipswich

H NEWCASTLE

A Barnsley 

A preston

H WOLVES

Honestly I think we need to be aiming 3 wins minimum from these games

12 points would be good, 10 points okay. Less than 9 points and It will leave us a LOT (probably too much) to do for the remainder of the season to achieve automatic promotion. On the plus side, there has been teams that have had a relatively poor first half of the season and then hit a winning streak to just make the play-offs.

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Next 6 games

H BRENTFORD

a Ipswich

H NEWCASTLE

A Barnsley 

A preston

H WOLVES

Honestly I think we need to be aiming 3 wins minimum from these games

my prediction - WLDWDW - 11 points out of 18. 

3 hours ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

If we don't go the next like, 5 games undefeated, then there is no chance of going up. Too many points dropped already.

I disagree, having followed Brighton in the championship, this league is mental, you can be in the bottom at Christmas and still get promoted come May, it's crazy tight.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommo_b said:

I disagree, having followed Brighton in the championship, this league is mental, you can be in the bottom at Christmas and still get promoted come May, it's crazy tight.

Having never looked at the championship before, i have no idea. 

But does your statement stand for automatic promotion or just for play-offs? 

Â