Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Having never looked at the championship before, i have no idea. 

But does your statement stand for automatic promotion or just for play-offs? 

Play-offs, normally the top two/three teams run away with it.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Play-offs, normally the top two/three teams run away with it.

in that case, we need to be in the top 2/3 running away with it.  

There is no chance Xia is going to be happy with just making the play-offs.

We still have time though. 

This league is absolutely shocking. Forest are supposed to be a decent Championship team but they were **** awful. Wednesday were nothing special and the same goes for Derby. Even league leaders Huddersfield weren't that good.

Whether or not we get promoted is all down to us. The quality is there, we just have to unlock it and start playing with confidence.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This league is absolutely shocking. Forest are supposed to be a decent Championship team but they were **** awful. Wednesday were nothing special and the same goes for Derby. Even league leaders Huddersfield weren't that good.

Whether or not we get promoted is all down to us. The quality is there, we just have to unlock it and start playing with confidence.

are Forest really considered a decent championship team? they finished 16th last season and scraped past 2 newly promoted teams and beat a shoddy Leeds so far this season

they also have the worst defence in the league so far this season

22 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Totally agree with you , I've seen nothing to be frightened of in this league and I include Newcastle in that - we have every chance to get out of this division and the players to do it - we need to start getting the results and the confidence will be huge - no reason it cannot be a steamroller effect and we could go on a long unbeaten run .

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Totally agree with you , I've seen nothing to be frightened of in this league and I include Newcastle in that - we have every chance to get out of this division and the players to do it - we need to start getting the results and the confidence will be huge - no reason it cannot be a steamroller effect and we could go on a long unbeaten run .

Absolutely spot on. You don't even have to steam roller this league tho, its very topsy turvy, I honestly hand on heart believe Villa will be in the top 4, specially playing how they have been, regardless of the current results.

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Absolutely spot on. You don't even have to steam roller this league tho, its very topsy turvy, I honestly hand on heart believe Villa will be in the top 4, specially playing how they have been, regardless of the current results.

I believe top 2 - have been ridiculed at work for it but still feel very confident .

last time we were promoted I think we won one in the first 7 too after a huge turnover of players - it does take time but yesterday's performance was extremely high quality for a side with so many new players and we will only improve . 

• Like 1

I hate this division

You can hammer a side and walk away with nothing on a regular basis

We have to be one of the most unlucky sides ever as well hitting the bar crossbar e.t.c keeper always makes world class saves frustrating

I hope we smash a team by 4 or 5 goals soon we bloody deserve it

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I hate this division

We have to be one of the most unlucky sides ever as well hitting the bar crossbar e.t.c keeper always makes world class saves frustrating

I hope we hammer a team soon we bloody deserve it

Would love that team to be Newcastle that we hammer :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I hate this division

I hope we smash a team by 4 or 5 goals soon we bloody deserve it

To be fair, that can happen in any division but yeah it's frustrating. We're dominating games like a team fighting for the title but just not getting the results to show it at the moment.

56 minutes ago, DK82 said:

We are going to destroy a team soon. I mean like 5/6-0.

We will, definitely. 

Truth is we are used to fluking the odd win here and there if we're lucky. 3 times last season. What we're not used to is dominating games and battering the opposition only for the result not to go our way, but it does happen. Even over the period of a few games, it's part and parcel.

I'm not suggesting we should be flying high at the top. I think if our luck were to swing full tilt the other way we could be top 4, but more likely we should be on 10 points or so. Over the course of 46 games that luck will even itself out, it always does.

I hope it starts happening sooner rather than later whilst confidence is still up so that we can ride it. 

• Like 3

I would sooner see us play like we have a draw or lose then play crap but sneak a few wins like we did once under Lambert. It is all about results but over a season performances are what counts.  Even that season Leicester won 8 games in a row or whatever it was to stay up they had up to that point being playing well but just not getting the results. 

On 11 September 2016 at 15:32, andym said:

No chance if we continue with a weak, piss poor midfield of Westwood and Gardner. Both goals we conceded the opposition just breezed through the centre of the park.

Unfortunately we are probably going to have to have at least 1 of them in there every game.

On the money.

Why is it so many do not seem to see what you do.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

On the money.

Why is it so many do not seem to see what you do.

Because they are third and fourth choice so hopefully first and second choice will eventually be fit and start.

I think Gardner will improve and I saw moments from him when he tried to take the game to Forest.  Westwood I'm just sick of.  

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We will, definitely. 

Truth is we are used to fluking the odd win here and there if we're lucky. 3 times last season. What we're not used to is dominating games and battering the opposition only for the result not to go our way, but it does happen. Even over the period of a few games, it's part and parcel.

I'm not suggesting we should be flying high at the top. I think if our luck were to swing full tilt the other way we could be top 4, but more likely we should be on 10 points or so. Over the course of 46 games that luck will even itself out, it always does.

I hope it starts happening sooner rather than later whilst confidence is still up so that we can ride it. 

We are not used to what? We have a new owner, a new manager and in the last game - we had six new players starting! Do not compare this scenario to what happened last year, it makes no sense at all. We probably had players worth more than their entire first-XI put together in many of our games.

What happened with Man City and Chelsea when they got new owners and tons of new players? I guess we can compare our little spending spree in the Championship with their haul in the PL. Chelsea sure as hell didn't flutter around the bottom after six games.

This start to the season has been nothing short of embarrassing - no way to hide away from it. I am not writing us off though, far from it - but things need to change because we need to get right back up.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because they are third and fourth choice so hopefully first and second choice will eventually be fit and start.

I think Gardner will improve and I saw moments from him when he tried to take the game to Forest.  Westwood I'm just sick of.  

Hopefully, first and second will make the difference.

5 minutes ago, Papillon said:

We are not used to what? We have a new owner, a new manager and in the last game - we had six new players starting! Do not compare this scenario to what happened last year, it makes no sense at all. We probably had players worth more than their entire first-XI put together in many of our games.

What happened with Man City and Chelsea when they got new owners and tons of new players? I guess we can compare our little spending spree in the Championship with their haul in the PL. Chelsea sure as hell didn't flutter around the bottom after six games.

This start to the season has been nothing short of embarrassing - no way to hide away from it. I am not writing us off though, far from it - but things need to change because we need to get right back up.

It took City years to make it into the top 4 and start challenging for the title even after spending hundreds of millions.

It's not a great start but I'm not sure about it being "embarrassing". We've undertaken a massive rebuilding job and obviously it takes time for the players to gel.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It took City years to make it into the top 4 and start challenging for the title even after spending hundreds of millions.

It's not a great start but I'm not sure about it being "embarrassing". We've undertaken a massive rebuilding job and obviously it takes time for the players to gel.

Its doesn't take time.....to get your foot in.....

It takes concentration, application,will and steely determination.

18 minutes ago, Papillon said:

I don't really know how you've taken any of that from what I've said. I'm not "comparing" this season to last. 

Â