Keinan Davis

a-k

11 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

He'd given their number 28 such a torrid time, he'd taken to trying to square up to him after almost every challenge. He's an awkward specimen, tall and gangly in a way, but seems to have some real upper body strength and a knack of getting the ball under control, even when he looks like it's anything but. 

I'm not quite with @JAMAICAN-VILLAN, in the sense that I don't think he quite has the natural skill of a Benteke or Carew, but I thought @theboyangel was close to the mark with the Heskey comparison. Some may see that as a negative, but Heskey was some player, he just didn't score the goals. If the kid can add goals to what I saw today, then blimey, he could be a player. 

I just watched the highlights and actually take that back massively.

He has got skillful feet, awareness, and pace as well, damn near the complete CF!!!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just watched the highlights and actually take that back massively.

He has got skillful feet, awareness, and pace as well, damn near the complete CF!!!

I love the positivity JV! If he turns out to be 75-80% of the player Carew or Benteke are, he'll be a very decent player. 

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't think he should be. He is young, and we should probably save him for the League games. The cup is unimportant compared to promotion.

I agree that the cup is not important but it will be another chance for him to get game time and hopefully build confidence. We must not build him up as the new saviour. Let's enjoy a fantastic performance but not build pressure. One game at a time and all that. Having said that, he did play very well today!

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

I agree that the cup is not important but it will be another chance for him to get game time and hopefully build confidence. We must not build him up as the new saviour. Let's enjoy a fantastic performance but not build pressure. One game at a time and all that. Having said that, he did play very well today!

I want him fresh for Friday. 

3 games in 6 games is a lot of any player. Rest him in the cup, give Hogan a chance to get a goal and have him straight in against Bristol. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

I want him fresh for Friday. 

3 games in 6 games is a lot of any player. Rest him in the cup, give Hogan a chance to get a goal and have him straight in against Bristol. 

Agreed.

If Bruce has any sense he will use his lucky break and make this kid a league starter.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Playing for Biggleswade U18s in 2015 after being released from Stevenage Town U18s.

Thats **** unbelievable considering the lone striker performance he put in today at 19 years old.

Somebody at Stevenage's academy is getting sacked as we speak. Staggering considering what he did today, and even from the reports coming from youth games alone.

• Like 1

I have to admit, I had a bit of a moan when I saw he was in the starting line-up because I thought he'd been fairly anonymous whenever I've seen him play.

Well he made me feel like a fool because he was probably the best player on the pitch today IMO, even with Hourihane's hattrick. 

He held up the ball well, won plenty of headers, he intercepted passes, took players on, gave their centre backs hell, showed his strength, created chances for himself and others...he just appeared to have it all. 

I don't want to exaggerate, but I think he may be the best player on the planet. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I don't want to exaggerate, but I think he may be the best player on the planet. 

calm down mate, he's a top player but wouldn't put him in the top top bracket yet. Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski and probably Aubameyang are better centre forwards at this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But players like this cannot cope with the expectation of a club this size, can they? 

The pick of our players this year have been from our youth team, Bruce may just have the answers available to him without spending another penny.  The question is does he have the balls given "you don't win anything with kids"

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was superb.

One thing watching him, there were several times when I thought he'd lost the ball, and he came out with it.  It was like he looked ungainly, but was pretty skilful.

Â