Keinan Davis

a-k

used his weight well and held up the ball brilliantly. Won a few free kicks and one of our goals came from a free kick he won. For me, he keeps his place in the team. Not too fussed with the missed chances as that will come, but he's young and you can't expect everything from the kid, but today should be a massive boost to him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

that's a crap assessment

It's an opinion.

i've seen nothing yet to suggest that Davis will be a prolific goal scorer (which is his role) but he has a good work ethic and tries hard - he reminds me of a young heskey or a claridge (hence the clogger remark)

but no, let's all big up a young player after one  good performance and then hyperbolically slate him when his form dips... 

Just now, theboyangel said:

It's an opinion.

i've seen nothing yet to suggest that Davis will be a prolific goal scorer (which is his role) but he has a good work ethic and tries hard - he reminds me of a young heskey or a claridge (hence the clogger remark)

but no, let's all big up a young player after one  good performance and then hyperbolically slate him when his form dips... 

It was his first start no? (or nearly first start?) Also, there is a type of fan who will turn on a young player - and I aint it. He had MASSIVE PRESENCE, and some skill - good lad. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

used his weight well and held up the ball brilliantly. Won a few free kicks and one of our goals came from a free kick he won. For me, he keeps his place in the team. Not too fussed with the missed chances as that will come, but he's young and you can't expect everything from the kid, but today should be a massive boost to him.

Yep it was a bit of a nothing ball down the line when we were under a spell of pressure. He got across, used his body well yet again and made a nothing ball into an outlet. Made life hell for that backline.

I was impressed today, just hope he builds on it because eventually he will be judged on his goal outlet.

28 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Has to back up this performance with his next appearance.

personally I think he's a bit of a clogger but if he can match today's effort consistently the good luck to him.

His footwork in his assist for the first goal suggests otherwise.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It's an opinion.

I can see the young Heskey comparison, good call! 

• Like 1

He's not got the sort of anticipation that great poachers have, and he hasn't got the burst of pace that the very best strikers have - but his ability to hold the ball and bring people into play is absolutely superb. It was good today to see him also turn his man and make things happen a few times - but quite frankly, just that bread and butter bit, just fighting for it, holding it and bringing Hourihane and Lansbury into the game, if he can do just that, he's worth a place in the starting line up. He was excellent at it today.

• Like 4

He does that thing where he holds the ball up, the defenders can't get it off him and end up fouling him. Doesn't seem very mobile he was often in the right place at the right time anyway, ready to hassle their defenders and make his presence felt. In fact his first chance came because of that.

Really good today. Exactly the type of forward we need to bring the best out of our midfield. Not sure we will be able to rely on him every week just yet but on today's performance he should be in again on Tuesday. Loved watching him bully their centre half. Showed some really good awareness too. Very hopeful for the future. Well done son.

• Like 1

Â