Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Davis with Hogan could work. 

Probably been mentioned on here already but I'd like to see that happen, if only to get Hogan firing. If it does happen and Hogan still can't find the net then sadly i think he might not be the player i hoped to see in a villa shirt. 

If he can play close to that near enough every week then we have got one hell of a player for peanuts. There is nothing like seeing someone come through the academy and have an impact like that. There might be more tough times ahead but if we can get back to producing our own again, I feel a lot less anxious and more hopeful.

Be interesting to see where this team would be if we bought a finished article style Davis player instead of Hogan.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

If he can play close to that near enough every week then we have got one hell of a player for peanuts. There is nothing like seeing someone come through the academy and have an impact like that. There might be more tough times ahead but if we can get back to producing our own again, I feel a lot less anxious and more hopeful.

Be interesting to see where this team would be if we bought a finished article style Davis player instead of Hogan.

There does seem to be some promising players coming through for the first time in a while. O'Hare, Davis, Green, Lyden is meant to be half decent too.

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

There does seem to be some promising players coming through for the first time in a while. O'Hare, Davis, Green, Lyden is meant to be half decent too.

Lyden no matter what age he is should be 1st choice DM now and would be at most other Championship teams. There was no need to bring in Whelan. With Jedinak almost ready to come back I can't see Lyden getting much game time which is a shame.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Lyden no matter what age he is should be 1st choice DM now and would be at most other Championship teams. There was no need to bring in Whelan. With Jedinak almost ready to come back I can't see Lyden getting much game time which is a shame.

He has barely played a handful of senior games,  just wondering how are you coming to that conclusion?

Would love any player from our academy to come through and do the business at first team level.

13 minutes ago, striker said:

Lyden is that good!? I've only seen him play once or twice in the U23s, I think a DM is quite a pivotal role in a team so perhaps when he has more experience. Training with Jedi and Whelan will hopefully help his game.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He has barely played a handful of senior games,  just wondering how are you coming to that conclusion?

Would love any player from our academy to come through and do the business at first team level.

I don't think he has to be that good to be better than Whelan or Jedinak but I admit I haven't seen much more of him than you or other posters. Nevertheless he does look a very tidy footballer to me with better passing ability than the other two which is a massive bonus for a DM and will only get better with more game time.

There's also no assurance that he would have the same impact as either Davis, O'Hare or Green but look what has happened when Bruce by chance or otherwise has given Villa youth a chance.

Edited by striker

Fantastic performance, really unlucky not to score and I hope we see more of him in the next few weeks. Looked far better than Hogan.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Seen Lyden a few times and nowhere near as good as that in my opinion - he would be best going on loan to get game time - unlikely to get a loan in this division so may need to drop a tier . 

At 19yrs old, and having just impressed on his first start, i think games and goals are more important than a couple of days off. 

For that reason, though i also understand the logic of protecting him for friday, i would like to see him play in the cup on Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

At 19yrs old, and having just impressed on his first start, i think games and goals are more important than a couple of days off. 

For that reason, though i also understand the logic of protecting him for friday, i would like to see him play in the cup on Tuesday.

But then if he's not at his best Friday because he's tired what does that do to his confidence and first team chances for the following game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

But then if he's not at his best Friday because he's tired what does that do to his confidence and first team chances for the following game. 

He's 19. There will be a few guys that played yesterday, who will play on tuesday and then again on friday. I wouldn't worry about resting the kid at this stage. 

32 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think he should be able to handle 3 games in a week and if on that form he could tear Wigan apart - give him an hour on Tuesday and the make the change -I pray he starts on Friday and Bruce doesn't bring back gabby .

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Will we ever see

..................Davis.......................

Grealish......O'Hare.........Green

Yes, next year in the championship when the parachute payments are gone. I'd be happy with that, oddly enough. 

3 hours ago, striker said:

Nar you're way off fella with that shout. He is part of my cousins circle of friends, all footballers but he's the one that "made" it. Hear bits from time to time and he is way off being a starter for us. Suffered with injuries and has been told to drop down to league 1 on loan and get games.

Defo has the ability but needs to build himself back up.

But what a performance from davis. Hope we don't bring anyone in and put our faith in him.

Â