Keinan Davis

a-k

44 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Thrilled for the lad - got his chance and took it - surely even Bruce can see he offers more than gabby . 

This with bells and whistles and little red ribbons and shimmering green bows on handed over in a beautiful little presentation box on a velvet cushion. 

• Like 3

Had a wonderful debut.That will not be a surprise to some people. I don't have any great knowledge of the youngsters, but I know that he was considered to be a possibility to step up.

And 'clogger' he ain't. He showed some deft touches today; can pick a pass; difficult to get off the ball; strong in the air with a nice touch of aggression.

Has to start as often as possible. He was very important to that performance today.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Really good today. Exactly the type of forward we need to bring the best out of our midfield. Not sure we will be able to rely on him every week just yet but on today's performance he should be in again on Tuesday. Loved watching him bully their centre half. Showed some really good awareness too. Very hopeful for the future. Well done son.

I don't think he should be. He is young, and we should probably save him for the League games. The cup is unimportant compared to promotion.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Hogan and Davis has massive potential. That is the kind of forward hogan needs

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's not got the sort of anticipation that great poachers have, and he hasn't got the burst of pace that the very best strikers have - but his ability to hold the ball and bring people into play is absolutely superb.

Agree with both of the above. Whilst he did really well as lone striker today, i kept saying to my son that I'd love to see him upfront with Hogan. 

There were times today he did brilliantly to hold the ball up, but he never had quick enough support around him. And Hogan has looked isolated without a partner. 

These 2 are made for each other imo.

Great performance. At times in the first half the defence were scared of marking him. His hold up play was wonderful, brought others into play when needed and turned the defence when an opportunity arose. Could've scored and very unlucky not to when hitting the bar. Perfect foil for the likes of Hourihane and probably even Hogan.

People slate Heskey , but everyone who played alongside him loved him and praise him highly. If Davis has a career like Heskey's then he'll have done well.  

Great story coming from non league as well.

Tired towards the end and probably should have gone off 10 minutes before. But it's too be expected at his age and career stage.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:
  • Then where does Hourihane fit in???

I would say right behind Hogan/Davis.

Davis as the CF, with Hogan and Hourihane just behind staggered, Jedi or Whelan sitting behind them.

4-2-3-1?

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:
  • Then where does Hourihane fit in???

I guess its the wrong thread, but with the players available I'd be tempted to play 3 a the back. As well as giving us more upfront, i think it would tighten up what is looking like a shaky defence. 

--------------Bree-----Chester------Terry----------- 

Elmo-------------------------------------------------Taylor

---------------------------Whelan-----------------------------

-----------Lansbury------------Hourihane---------

-----------------------Hogan------KD---------------------- 

47 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agree with both of the above. Whilst he did really well as lone striker today, i kept saying to my son that I'd love to see him upfront with Hogan. 

There were times today he did brilliantly to hold the ball up, but he never had quick enough support around him. And Hogan has looked isolated without a partner. 

These 2 are made for each other imo.

Just remembered how worried you were he would have a bad experience.

He might actually be the lucky charm, you best start investing in box seats for him or offer him a residency at VP.

:hooray:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just remembered how worried you were he would have a bad experience.

He might actually be the lucky charm, you best start investing in box seats for him or offer him a residency at VP.

:hooray:

I got him a ST this year. Given we've been crap for years, he has a remarkably good record. I think he's only saw us lose a few times. :thumb:

He was ace today. I don't think I've seen him play before but that was top notch. With the internets and everything it's easy to form views based on clips, but for a young lad, making his first full start and seeing him live at the match, that was just hugely uplifting. He was a proper handful for the defenders, hit the bar, forced 2 good saves, made one goal and helped the team massively. And tried his heart out. I'm chuffed with him and chuffed for him. That was happy football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

He was ace today. I don't think I've seen him play before but that was top notch. With the internets and everything it's easy to form views based on clips, but for a young lad, making his first full start and seeing him live at the match, that was just hugely uplifting. He was a proper handful for the defenders, hit the bar, forced 2 good saves, made one goal and helped the team massively. And tried his heart out. I'm chuffed with him and chuffed for him. That was happy football.

He'd given their number 28 such a torrid time, he'd taken to trying to square up to him after almost every challenge. He's an awkward specimen, tall and gangly in a way, but seems to have some real upper body strength and a knack of getting the ball under control, even when he looks like it's anything but. 

I'm not quite with @JAMAICAN-VILLAN, in the sense that I don't think he quite has the natural skill of a Benteke or Carew, but I thought @theboyangel was close to the mark with the Heskey comparison. Some may see that as a negative, but Heskey was some player, he just didn't score the goals. If the kid can add goals to what I saw today, then blimey, he could be a player. 

• Like 2

Â