Keinan Davis

a-k

Like most only seen the highlights so don't want to get too carried away but this looks to me like one of those players where you don't need to look at loads of games before you see it the quality is obvious to me. I could be wrong and I am in no way comparing him but he has a drogba like style to him from what I see.

4 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

Whilst I kind of agree with what you are saying regarding hogan, McCormack is the most proven goal scorer at this level so would you put him ahead of the rest? For me it is not about being proven with different clubs but what the performance is like on match day in a villa shirt, so for now I would say Davis should be starting the next match up front until there is a reason to drop him whether that be a bad game or him being subbed off and someone coming on and offering more than he did. He suits us at the minute he is good in the air, strong and direct which is what we need plus he holds the ball up well and can bring others into play. Keep up the hard work Davis and long may this form continue. UTV

Yep. Absolutely right. Can't actually argue with that!

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'm not putting Hogan down but you can't leave Davis below Hogan on the pecking order after a performance like that. Also, Davis fits out style of play better.

You are right, I just am clinging on to Hogan being a success here, albeit with one fingernail rather than two hands

If Davis can get a goal sooner rather than later then this could get even more exciting. Right now I'm not too fussed if he scores as his style of play is going to allow those around him to score loads. I mean will Davis not scoring matter if Green and Hourihane both score 30 goals each this season? Probably not, but if Davis can get some goals then holy shit we may have a great Striker here.

12 hours ago, Mantis said:

Thank **** Hogan wasn't properly fit because this kid was insane.

Same thing happened to Rashford and we've all seen whats happened to him since! 

Edited by Kingman

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Think it would. But it means losing a midfield player. 

Im all for it if it means we get attackibg displays like yesterday.

If bruce had us playing like that most kf the time i think he woukd have huge support from the fans.  I just dobt understand why he doesnt have a go away from home like this?

Norwich are a decent side and we blew them away. Had we put in this kind of performance against cardiff they would not have beaten us in that fashion.

The thibg with davis is he is a unique player like someone said aboce looks like a mini drogba. He could play with Hogan or kodjia.

Read that his old coach described him as 'deceptively quick' - then looked at the highlights and definitely, his acceleration with his size is a terrific asset - let alone his skill and decision making - this really feels like the start of something big. 

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Read that his old coach described him as 'deceptively quick' - then looked at the highlights and definitely, his acceleration with his size is a terrific asset - let alone his skill and decision making - this really feels like the start of something big. 

Yes, I was reading a lot of nonsense in this thread after the game saying that he didn't look 'mobile'? I have to ask what the hell these people were watching. Whilst he's not 'rapid', he certainly has a good turn of pace, that much is obvious. He looked a bit leggy later on the second half but he is a young lad and frankly ran himself into the ground. 

IMO we potentially have a real player on our hands. He has virtually all the attributes of a modern day centre forward, finishing is something he probably needs to improve but other than that he has the lot. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Or going 3 at the back. 

From the best 11 thread. I'd love to see this. 

13 hours ago, av1 said:

The defence still looks shaky, and Davis and Hogan look made for each other. So i would like to see the following. 

Steer

Bree    Chester     Terry     

Elmo            Whelan            Taylor

Onomah      Hourihane 

Hogan      Davis

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Exactly. All our goals came from midfield, the most we have scored in eons, with a 4-5-1. If we play this system well when Kodjia returns it should suit us too. Hogan needs to find form to fit in, not us changing the whole set up to try and get him scoring, when we played so well yesterday. This configuration suits us on many levels.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

No kodjia?

Current 11. When Kodjia is back its extra competition for the 2 places upfront. 

Â