Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

But then if he's not at his best Friday because he's tired what does that do to his confidence and first team chances for the following game. 

Agreed. It's a fine balance with young players, hence why I wasn't joining in with the criticism of Bruce not playing O'Hare Vs Reading. 

Rarely do young players play well and then immediately get thrown in as first choice every week.

Davis was excellent yesterday but he won't be playing 90 minutes every game now. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Agreed. It's a fine balance with young players, hence why I wasn't joining in with the criticism of Bruce not playing O'Hare Vs Reading. 

Rarely do young players play well and then immediately get thrown in as first choice every week.

Davis was excellent yesterday but he won't be playing 90 minutes every game now. 

O'Hare hasn't even been in the squad. Not playing all the time is fine but to be completely dropped is harsh. 

Davis won't be a regular, we have kodjia coming back, and Hogan could do with a boost midweek but I'd be very dissappointed if he isn't starting Friday night. After that display it should be his place to lose short term. 

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't see why not, if they're good enough they're old enough. 

Granted yesterday was the debut so he needs to show that it was the rule and not the exception in terms of performance but man, if yesterday was the rule we've got a serious player on our hands, I just don't think it can be understated (nor should it be overstated for above mentioned reasons) how good he was throughout yesterday and how he provided that link we've been missing. 

That it resulted in 4 goals against not the worst side we'll play this season is testament. 

Kick on now kid, you can be the toast of the Holte. 

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Will we ever see

..................Davis.......................

Grealish......O'Hare.........Green

I'd adore this. Would be so good. I say do it with Hourihane and Whelan behind them. Or Whelan and Jedi. 

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think he should be able to handle 3 games in a week and if on that form he could tear Wigan apart - give him an hour on Tuesday and the make the change -I pray he starts on Friday and Bruce doesn't bring back gabby .

I agree mate. Needs to play Tuesday imo. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree mate. Needs to play Tuesday imo. 

Disagree he looked knackered at the end Saturday and probably should have come off sooner. Give him a rest and save him for Friday. I can't imagine anyone who played yesterday will play Tuesday if they are going to be playing Friday. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Great game, but he's a youngster, he won't do that week in week out so we do need to buy somebody like Gallagher too in my opinion! 

If we bought Gallagher then I'd be on board. But loaning him to help progress another player when we have this potential as one of our own would piss me off. 

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If we bought Gallagher then I'd be on board. But loaning him to help progress another player when we have this potential as one of our own would piss me off. 

As long as we didn't have a clause saying he has to start, he would add great competition to Davis. Could help push Davis to better things. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Disagree he looked knackered at the end Saturday and probably should have come off sooner. Give him a rest and save him for Friday. I can't imagine anyone who played yesterday will play Tuesday if they are going to be playing Friday. 

Agreed. He was blowing out of his arse. That's not a criticism, it's perfectly natural for someone to be knackered after their first senior 90 minutes.

If we hadn't used that extra sub in the first half I'm certain he'd have come off yesterday.

I just don't agree with this "OMG he played well he needs to play 90 minutes every week!!!!"

Young players need to be eased into the first team. Both physically and mentally.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

O'Hare hasn't even been in the squad. Not playing all the time is fine but to be completely dropped is harsh. 

Davis won't be a regular, we have kodjia coming back, and Hogan could do with a boost midweek but I'd be very dissappointed if he isn't starting Friday night. After that display it should be his place to lose short term. 

For some reason, this is the go to thought process on young players.

To be honest, if he can perform like he did yesterday consistently, it would be a farce for him NOT to be a regular!

• Like 2

No matter the age if you are good enough you force a manager to play you. Saturday forced Bruce to start him on Friday. Whether he keeps that up time will tell. 

One thing I will say though is that I think we have exciting things to come from RHM too this season. 

Â