Keinan Davis

a-k

If Bruce persists with one up front then Davis is the only option. He appears to have almost all of the attributes, he's fast, he's strong, his hold up play is good but he also has good close control and some skills, fantastic play for the goal. 

The only question mark is his finishing, very unlucky to hit the bar, but he did have a couple of clear chances that he should have scored from. However, overall it was a terrific display and he has to start the next game. Assuming his finishing isn't terrible then he looks destined for top flight football. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

In fact I think I'll be pissed off if we do go out and get Gallagher. I'm all for bringing in a good player but if we have this kind of potential on our books let's bring him through and not help out a premier league team. 

Big game for him today and no surprise to me that we look much better without Hogan leading the attack.  The 

I hope his performance means that we don't pursue the lad from Southampton. His performance today other than a goal was everything I look for in a Villa centre forward. Strong in the air, strong physically, good with his feet, links up well with teammates, quick burst of pace. A goal will bring him on another level.

With him in the team we are able to hold the ball up and bring to midfielders into the game and we look so much more effective as a consequence. 

Hope he starts at Bristol City on Friday.

• Like 1

What a beast performancehag was. He was unbelievable today. Ok his finishing wasn't great but his hold up play, his eagerness and how he wants to get the ball forward was very impressive.

i although critised bruce this week will give him credit as that was a massive gamble, as Bruce easily could have started hogan. Have to say Davis today has show more than the whole of hogans time here

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Has to back up this performance with his next appearance.

personally I think he's a bit of a clogger but if he can match today's effort consistently the good luck to him.

that's a crap assessment

• Like 1

Looks like a baby giraffe who's on the verge of falling over every second, but he's got magnetic feet and I love the big gangly unit. The Norwich centre halfs didn't know what to do with him, they just couldn't get the ball off him! 

• Like 1

Â