Keinan Davis

a-k

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Our attack needs a total revamp to be honest.

Even if Grealish didn't leave I'd say we needed 2 strikers and two wide players. 

Think we might find the market quite difficult players in this summer though.

He tried to Harry Kane that goal and then it turned out he wasn't Harry Kane. He's just so tantalizingly close, just like that shot. You would hope he just needs that one goal to bring it all together. We've been saying this for years now though.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I swear to god, once he finally scores he will not stop and there will be a lot of humble pie eaten. 

It amazes me people can't see what his potential is. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He tried to Harry Kane that goal and then it turned out he wasn't Harry Kane. He's just so tantalizingly close, just like that shot. You would hope he just needs that one goal to bring it all together. We've been saying this for years now though.

No one will mention the strength and pace it took to get into the position to score?

He had not long come on as well (Cold, similar to El Ghazi), it's as if even the best players in the world don't miss chances.

Some have written him off already so will try to find everything negative he does as reinforcement, whilst ignoring any positives.

I really thought that was going to be his goal though.

Another thing is he was forced to shoot it with his left foot, he is right footed, and the angle was awkward!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

We look so much better upfront when he plays right now... but will he ever score?! 😂 really hope he does it against West Ham - far worse players have scored premier league goals for us. 

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No one will mention the strength and pace it took to get into the position to score?

He had not long come on as well (Cold, similar to El Ghazi), it's as if even the best players in the world don't miss chances.

Some have written him off already so will try to find everything negative he does as reinforcement, whilst ignoring any positives.

Another thing is he was forced to shoot it with his left foot, he is right footed, and the angle was awkward!

Any other striker we have would have been bumped off it by the defender, agree completely. I do think once he hits the net we will see him develop.

Curious to see what our striker situation is next season if we stay up but whatever happens I’d happily have KD in the squad as third or fourth choice and give him another year.

21 minutes ago, Amed said:

We look so much better upfront when he plays right now... but will he ever score?! 😂 really hope he does it against West Ham - far worse players have scored premier league goals for us. 

Grant holt came to mind🙈

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think even if he does score one goal there's nothing to suggest he'd not go on another 40 game barren streak.   I just can't see it ever happening for Keinan in the Premier League.  Maybe he'll score a hat full in the Championship at some point, hopefully not with us, but any club with him up front going into a Premier League season is going to be fighting relegation. 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

I swear to god, once he finally scores he will not stop and there will be a lot of humble pie eaten. 

It amazes me people can't see what his potential is. 

@Genie and @jim will be first in the humble pie line heads shaven chanting "we repent" whilst self flagellating. 

The miss was one thing, it happens even to good players. But the lack of work rate when subbed on in such a crucial stage of such a crucial game is baffling.

Confidence is king for strikers but you still have to do the job even if the goals are not coming.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sne said:

The miss was one thing, it happens even to good players. But the lack of work rate when subbed on in such a crucial stage of such a crucial game is baffling.

Confidence is king for strikers but you still have to do the job even if the goals are not coming.

Yeah I agree. I love Keinan, and I desperately hope he can live up to his potential but he looked completely disinterested when he came on yesterday (that run and miss aside) 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I liked it when he came on last night and boy how I wish that goal had gone in for him.

As you correctly state JV, he did well to get into the position and get a shot away. The fact it was on his weaker foot and only narrowly went wide shows he can be a lethal threat if defenders are not careful.

Again I like him.. he's a nusense and I think with more game time and PL experience he will keep improving.

He is not a 15/20 goal a season striker.. but he is a nusense and a big threat up top and I like that.

This lads first goal will do him the world of good when it comes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

@Genie and @jim will be first in the humble pie line heads shaven chanting "we repent" whilst self flagellating. 

I didn’t think I was being particularly controversial.

Hes scored 2 in 55 hasn’t he? He just doesn’t look like a top level striker. He was busy against Sheffield United but carried no goal threat at all. He’s been weak ever since.

Last night he looked like a dead man walking. He seemed to know his time was up. No work rate, no effort, little interest, little quality. 

I wish him well, but think he’ll drop below Championship to score regularly.

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Samatta worked his socks off, so added value that way. Davis just wasn’t at the races at all. 

Â