Keinan Davis

a-k

18 hours ago, lexicon said:

It has plenty of pace - just not the right movement. That's the difference between levels. 

That too.

Did you see Gabby, in his prime.....that's pace.......ours can't get away from their marker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If fit, he has to start the last two games.  He’s not amazing, but Samatta is so out of form at present. 

Never got in form did he.

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A very underappreciated player IMO. 

Most refuse to see past his "Lack of goals".

Fights like a warrior, and until recently I never realised that he actually has very good feet!

This is a myth.  

He has a good game against Sheff Utd and a few good minutes a few days ago but in the other games he’s been ineffective.  

He’s easily played against, you know he isn’t going to score so defenders just play him out of position so even his hold up and lay off play has no effect.  I mean Sheff Utd was his good game and yet what did we get from it attacking wise from him or off his play to others......nothing.  

Then his other games he’s completely ineffective and this has been the same whatever level he’s played out.

He’s out of his depth at this level and was in the championship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

This is a myth.  

He has a good game against Sheff Utd and a few good minutes a few days ago but in the other games he’s been ineffective.  

He’s easily played against, you know he isn’t going to score so defenders just play him out of position so even his hold up and lay off play has no effect.  I mean Sheff Utd was his good game and yet what did we get from it attacking wise from him or off his play to others......nothing.  

Then his other games he’s completely ineffective and this has been the same whatever level he’s played out.

He’s out of his depth at this level and was in the championship

Problem is you could say something like that against them all....they should be fine tuning their shortcomings at BMH.

I don't see it.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fights like a warrior, and until recently I never realised that he actually has very good feet!

Totally agree with you here JV.

I don't expect him to be our 15 goal a season scoring machine.

What he is though is a nusense and a pest for defenders. He holds the ball up well too and it's a shame he has no one to supply or anyone able to feed off him.

I would keep him and give him another 1 yr contract.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TRO said:

Problem is you could say something like that against them all....they should be fine tuning their shortcomings at BMH.

I don't see it.

I just dont see the basic talent in Davis that suggests he can be a good footballer at PL level.  So obviously I dont think training or fine tuning will make that difference.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2020 at 05:33, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Great feet. Really has so much to his game apart from goals. The defining thing about the level he ends up at will be whether he can start scoring them. He has the rest of the package. But a striker has to score SOME goals even if he’s not prolific. Otherwise as others have said defenders can manage the positive aspects too easily.

I would start him against Arsenal... I just can’t believe he will finish the season with no goals at all, which means he has a goal in him in the next two games (not sure of that logic but...)

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Great feet. Really has so much to his game apart from goals. The defining thing about the level he ends up at will be whether he can start scoring them. He has the rest of the package. But a striker has to score SOME goals even if he’s not prolific. Otherwise as others have said defenders can manage the positive aspects too easily.

I would start him against Arsenal... I just can’t believe he will finish the season with no goals at all, which means he has a goal in him in the next two games (not sure of that logic but...)

I am not sure of your logic either but I like it a lot

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of the biggest problems with both Davis and Samatta is they have to come deep all the time to win the ball and bring others into play, they offer zero offence from set pieces and never seem to run at goal. I don't know if this is because we never break quickly enough or play balls in front of them, or if both strikers are just a bit rubbish. Probably an award winning combo of the two.

20 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

One of the biggest problems with both Davis and Samatta is they have to come deep all the time to win the ball and bring others into play, they offer zero offence from set pieces and never seem to run at goal. I don't know if this is because we never break quickly enough or play balls in front of them, or if both strikers are just a bit rubbish. Probably an award winning combo of the two.

Same thing was leveled at Wes, so we have to start thinking it is the service/link up play to them and not totally the strikers fault.  Amount of times I read on this site that Wes comes too deep but now Davis and Samatta do it as well....says it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/07/2020 at 12:18, TRO said:

based on what, exactly.

Partly from what I've seen from him, I think he makes good runs and gets into the right positions to score, he has good timing as well, with a bit of luck he could have scored with a couple of headers. Partly it's from his scoring record in Belgium.

I must admit he has looked less likely to score after the restart than in his first games for us, but that I think has to do with us going more cautious and defensive until the last two games. Also could be that he lost his stride a bit during the lockdown.

I like Davis a lot, very good target player and has surprisingly good technique, but so far he hasn't showed any natural goal scorer instincts. To me Samatta has showed that, albeith him going through a barren spell at the moment.

Would be interesting to see if they could play together, could be good, target man and poacher.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

I think the fairest criticism of all about Davis and its the thing strikers are judged by and thats goals. He has not shown enough goalscoring intent in games. 

Would another Premier League team carry a goalless centre forward

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the fairest criticism of all about Davis and its the thing strikers are judged by and thats goals. He has not shown enough goalscoring intent in games. 

Would another Premier League team carry a goalless centre forward

Che Adams haven't scored till lately. Gladly one of them was yesterday.

I think Davis is good, and with time he'll start scoring. Compare the chances he had to Samatta. Most of them were ok. I'd say the most one he didn't do that well add was the one against Palace when he tried with Trez to score. He should've gone with his right. Whenever he's on the pitch, you can see the amount of attacking and us creating danger in the other team zone. I was waiting for him to come at Everton, I knew it would be hard to expect anything from Samatta. Now we need warriors, we need strength and pace.

How many games were goalless for Wesley? 17 while starting 21. Davis only started 4-5. Two of them were against Chelsea and Liverpool. Another one were against a Wolves team that kept clean sheets for 7 games. So in reality, It's Sheffield the realistic game for him to score. I can remember 2-3 chances that were done great, although I agree that he needs to improve his finishing, but still he's done well.

I don't care if he's a local lad, he's **** shit and has no business playing in the Premier League. I'm definitely getting Jordan Bowery vibes.

Right now, I think he's a League One striker, at best.

• Like 1

Â