Keinan Davis

a-k

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree, everybody misses sometimes, but the problem is Davis doesn’t seem to “hit” in between.

Hes got a lot of goal to aim at here, and no pressure from the defenders to pick a spot.

39-D1757-F-9278-4-CAE-A7-AF-D1-B2-C0-CF1

He didn’t seem to be that surprised or disappointed after the miss either 

Video here

He comes across as shy lad he won’t scream and shout but you could tell it shot his confidence in front of goal even more, I like him and if he gets his goal I recon he finds the net more regular from then on, but I cant see it happening  he needs to drop down a leauge to find the net or its going to ruin him

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He is not an out and out striker who will get you bucket loads of goals.

I've said it many times, he is more of a target man, holds the ball up and holds off defenders.. create chances for others. He is a nusense and a pest to play against.

Play him in a style that suits his game better and you will see better from him in what is described.

I think a few are expecting too much from him.

Sorry that is at best an incredibly rosy view of Davis but it's just not real

https://www.premierleague.com/players/13130/Keinan-Davis/stats

How many chances has he created for others....none.  Shots on target 5, goals zero

He not only doesnt score, he doesnt look like scoring and then he has a chance and cant score

This target man thing is a myth with him...he has some attributes but doesnt do the basics of a target man.  He isnt creating chances, his hold up play is not creating anything or doing anything and for me his performance at least 50% of the time if not more lacks any urgency.

Expecting too much?  to do the basics.....if he's not going to score then get some urgency, and get your butt into the opposition and cause the defenders some problems and create some chances.

He hasnt got it at this level, he's needs to be sold in the summer whatever league we said.  As somebody said, at best he's a poor mans Heskey.

• Like 2

I think there is a difference between being a "target man" and getting 5-10 goals and being target man and not even looking like bagging over the course of a season.

It's getting a problem now. He used his body so well, great touch, great vision, composure, two good feet, a cool head and he keeps the ball . In many aspects of his game are wise beyond his years.

The day was always going to come though, if you aren't scoring and not looking like scoring you will be moved on. I think it's getting to that stage now. It's going to become a problem for him. He needs to find that ruthlessness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cb_82 said:

Davis was carrying a knock pre game last night hence why he didn't start but Smith felt off the bench he could give us something for the last part of the game

There is a shock. No only cant be score he is always injured 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Sorry that is at best an incredibly rosy view of Davis but it's just not real

https://www.premierleague.com/players/13130/Keinan-Davis/stats

How many chances has he created for others....none.  Shots on target 5, goals zero

He not only doesnt score, he doesnt look like scoring and then he has a chance and cant score

This target man thing is a myth with him...he has some attributes but doesnt do the basics of a target man.  He isnt creating chances, his hold up play is not creating anything or doing anything and for me his performance at least 50% of the time if not more lacks any urgency.

Expecting too much?  to do the basics.....if he's not going to score then get some urgency, and get your butt into the opposition and cause the defenders some problems and create some chances.

He hasnt got it at this level, he's needs to be sold in the summer whatever league we said.  As somebody said, at best he's a poor mans Heskey.

Rosey view, ah c'mon man.

Stats you say...

19/20 season. Davis has been named in the match day squad 22 times.

4 of these games he started and never finished*, 16 of these games he came off the bench and the remaining 5 he stayed on the bench.

So, from what I gather is that you're expecting a player who's seen on avg. 37 minutes per game this season to be this Romelu Lukaku like striker and smash goals home for fun every game?

We can't sell him as he is already out of contract. He does deserve a 1yr extension though in my book.

• Like 1

Not good enough in the forward role..lots of workrate but should've been loaned out this year. Kids career will plummet if he doesn't start netting soon.. we bring in a goalscorer or 2 and he disappears.. feel sorry for him tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Not good enough in the forward role..lots of workrate but should've been loaned out this year. Kids career will plummet if he doesn't start netting soon.. we bring in a goalscorer or 2 and he disappears.. feel sorry for him tbh.

100%: if we stay up we should loan him to a championship  club

I think being loaned out to a team whereby he can be the focal point up front would be good for him. Be it league 1 or the championship. He needs to learn how to find the net or be taught a new role.

Let's be honest, if we stay up, he really shouldn't be anywhere near the first team if we are to avoid a battle again next year. 

He has potential and he's clearly physically fine for this league. But right now, he doesn't have what it takes. Keinan Davis, would not be getting minutes for any other team in the league. Maybe norwich but that doesn't say much.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

100%: if we stay up we should loan him to a championship  club

Agreed with this. If we go down, I wouldn't want him being a serious option for us, I don't think he's good enough even for the Championship, but if another club is willing to take him on at that level, it's one last chance to prove himself before we get rid.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed with this. If we go down, I wouldn't want him being a serious option for us, I don't think he's good enough even for the Championship, but if another club is willing to take him on at that level, it's one last chance to prove himself before we get rid.

Like green if he doesnt cut it in the championship he wont be good enough here.

I think championship clubs would take him on loan. If a club like Preston or forest come in for him ( a upper championship club)

45 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He comes across as shy lad he won’t scream and shout but you could tell it shot his confidence in front of goal even more, I like him and if he gets his goal I recon he finds the net more regular from then on, but I cant see it happening  he needs to drop down a leauge to find the net or its going to ruin him

I think he maybe should have shifted it to his right and possibly had an option of a penalty off the shadowing defender.....he would have opened up the angle.

i think awareness and composure is his biggest enemies.

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Rosey view, ah c'mon man.

Stats you say...

19/20 season. Davis has been named in the match day squad 22 times.

4 of these games he started and never finished*, 16 of these games he came off the bench and the remaining 5 he stayed on the bench.

So, from what I gather is that you're expecting a player who's seen on avg. 37 minutes per game this season to be this Romelu Lukaku like striker and smash goals home for fun every game?

We can't sell him as he is already out of contract. He does deserve a 1yr extension though in my book.

We extended for a year in April until summer of 2021 https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2020/04/22/aston-villa-extend-keinan-davis-deal/

Did I say Lukaku? No i didnt........you need to get away from extreme point of view.  I said a poor man's Heskey. Even if he got to Heskey's level it would be a massive upgrade from where he is now.  Nobody is expecting him to be an 80m striker but doing the basics is needed.

How many minutes does he want....even when in the Championship he only scored 2 league goals.  The problem though is you are misdirecting my comment as I wasnt focusing on his goal scoring prowess in my comment, you will see that my focus was his "target man" attributes....that he doesnt do them well, he doesnt create chances, he doesnt get into the defenders and his lack of urgency or sometimes strolling around is too much for me that he doesnt even deserve to be on the pitch.

yes he doesn't score much, but scoring is a confidence thing and he hasn't scored any to build any confidence.

Granted he may not be a prolific scorer anyway.

In his defence that wasn't an easy chance.

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I still like him. 

Maybe not as a starter, but as a 3rd/4th choice striker. 

There, I've said it. 

Me too.

but i do respect the claims, he has to score.

Just now, MaVilla said:

yes he doesn't score much, but scoring is a confidence thing and he hasn't scored any to build any confidence.

Granted he may not be a prolific scorer anyway.

In his defence that wasn't an easy chance.

Thats right, it wasn't, especially for a striker, not scoring.......i think he could have pushed it to his right and committed the defender to foul him......if it came off could have opened up the angle......its composure and awareness.

Â