Keinan Davis

a-k

11 minutes ago, NeilS said:

So we need to support him and hope he finds the back of the West Ham net a couple of times this weekend. 🤞

This!!!

I'm complaining now because I'm frustrated with him and could've seriously cost us yesterday (and for me he's not good enough)

I will be supporting him 100% on Sunday and hope he plays well and either creates something or finally scores...........my fear is that he'll cost us.  My biggest fear is we lose 1-0 and Bmouth win 1-0 and we get relegated by 1 goal difference......that goal last night would've kept us up because of goals scored as we would've both been on -26 GD then but now we'd be on -27 and they'd be -26 and they stay up (assuming Watford lost).

I hope he scores, it'll give him more confidence (and hopefully us a better fee for him in the summer)

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The problem is that the stats defeat your argument.  The kid is getting chances and yes not full games but he's not producing whether through creating chances or scoring.  Stats arent on your side to defend the kid whether in this league or the lower league.

I was highlighting the stats you were originally referring to more so in that most of his appearances this season have been cameos in a poor and disorganised team for large parts, combined with it being his first full season in the Premiership aswell.

I didn't see the harm in giving the lad a 1 year extension as you rightly highlighted, if that means he will still feature in a cameo role with us or go out on loan remains to be seen. I think he is more use to us than not.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

55 Appearances and 2 Goals....that's in the championship and PL.  Cant say he's not being given a chance when he's not injured.

KD.JPG

Championship is a different league.

I am generally speaking of the current and his stats of this season and moving forwards.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He doesn't need to be a starter. Why not keep him on as 3rd/4th choice striker and bring him on against tired legs. How much is he on a week...5-10k max?
Agreed, he isn't good enough to be a starter in this division, but we need a squad and I think he has a part to play in that. 

Assuming we stay up, there's no point going out and blowing 10-15m on a better back up striker when we probably need 3 new wingers and a starting striker as is. We'll probably need to spend at least 100m to stand still this summer provided we lose Grealish. 

Davis isn't an issue. He's the back up to a back up and he can help us out on the odd occasion we need to see a game out or need to bully tired legs. 

I see what you are saying but waste of a squad member seeing as we only have 25 allowed in PL.  Hopefully Barry might be available for a step up or somebody like that.  I wasnt thinking of buying a 3rd or 4th striker.  I expect Wes and Samatta to be here, hopefully Indy or Barry in there and then another 1st or 2nd striker (hopefully 1st).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I have supported him for a long time, waiting for the goals to come, but there has to be a point where you think it isn't going to happen and he has to be moved on.

I don't begrudge him having that final make or break season with us. This is his last chance saloon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I was highlighting the stats you were originally referring to more so in that most of his appearances this season have been cameos in a poor and disorganised team for large parts, combined with it being his first full season in the Premiership aswell.

I didn't see the harm in giving the lad a 1 year extension as you rightly highlighted, if that means he will still feature in a cameo role with us or go out on loan remains to be seen. I think he is more use to us than not.

Championship is a different league.

I am generally speaking of the current and his stats of this season and moving forwards.

Fair enough, we know that we wont agree on this topic but I understand your point and I think you understand mine.  It is what it is and either Smith or a new manager makes the decisions.....I really hope that if we do stay in the Premier League that continue to improve on what we have in the squad and for me that means Davis is moved out.

• Like 1

Badly want him to get a goal for his confidence as he has the right attributes and seemingly personality. I guess coming from non league in terms of football education he maybe is playing catch up as the gulf in coaching must be huge. Next season is make or break for him but time is on his side.

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I see what you are saying but waste of a squad member seeing as we only have 25 allowed in PL.  Hopefully Barry might be available for a step up or somebody like that.  I wasnt thinking of buying a 3rd or 4th striker.  I expect Wes and Samatta to be here, hopefully Indy or Barry in there and then another 1st or 2nd striker (hopefully 1st).

Fair enough. Hopefully Barry does! 
BTW, I don't think Samatta is any better than Davis tbh. I don't think we have a PL quality striker at the club and include Wesley in that. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't begrudge him having that final make or break season with us. This is his last chance saloon.

I don’t suppose  he’s on a huge wage so another season would go no harm, especially if we stick with 5 subs.

It’s only a problem if he’s meant to be a main striker. He’s got plenty of skill, it’s just that important nack of scoring that’s missing. Perhaps with a goal scorer next to him that would take the pressure off him and he may just click. You could almost say the same about Wesley. A decent striker since the restart and we’d be home and dry now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Of course he's a burden.  I agree about the others being a burden but also holding onto players that are not good enough and keep hoping they will make it.  His miss yesterday could've resulted in relegation.  Is that the only reason we wouldve been relegated, of course not, there are many but slotting that away meant we definitely werent going to draw the game (or lose) plus it would give the opposition a lift that there is still a chance and if that game ended 1-1 it wouldve been a disaster given that chance.  These players are a burden because they take a starting spot.......what choice do we have otherwise? I agree...if youth was good enough then they would play but they arent.  we have got another option which is a problem.  We shouldnt have gone into the season with Kodjia, Wes and Davis as our front three....we shouldnt have only had Samatta and Davis after January transfer window, it's just a crime.  So that's not Davis' fault but he is a burden because he takes a spot he's not good enough for.

I'm mostly not disagreeing with you, the way one argues very much depends on context. What you say is true, as it stands having to rely on him is hindering us. He is (currently) good enough for that. But the hinderance is mostly due to the fact that given the direness of our other striker options (as well as our options on the wings) we are having to rely on him much more than we ideally would have to. 

I do not have the stats at hand but I would imagine he's probably one of the players on the lowest wages in our squad, and in context of my reply to the other user, my argument was that the economical impact Davis has and has had compared to other players is minimal. He was referring to "holding onto players for too long". I think few such players have been a major burden on us (gabby being one of them) 

I understand you do not rate Davis (possibly in the slightest). I respectfully disagree, limited though he is, he can produce an impact on games, mostly coming on from the bench. 

Ideally he should go out on loan to a team where he can play regularly, and gain some confidence and score some goals. He may never become a world beater, but if given the chance he may develop and prove to be a very useful option for specific situations in specific games.

Probably never a starter. But I find value in what he can/could offer. You seemingly don't. Fair enough 🙂

• Like 1

When Messi, Ronaldo etc miss easy chances it's an anomaly. When Davis misses easy chances it's expected. 

The reason why Messi, Ronaldo, lewandowski etc are so prolific is because when they miss it pisses them off and get even more ruthless in front of goal. Scoring goals is like driving, it should be subconscious. By this I mean finding space and actually finishing should be subconscious. The conscious should be focused on the defenders and your teammates in case they're in a better position.

Strangely Trezeguet is someone who Davis should watch in the box. His movements and adjustments are second nature to him. He always finds space. His anticipation is good too. 

Edited by Sulberto21

He's got good feet, he's obviously very strong, hes got pretty good balance but he's not clinical and he's definitely not aggressive enough.

If he had the mind set of Ibrahimovic, he'd be incredible.  I think his main battle is in his head.  Every time he scores you think "this is it now, he can kick on", but if he misses his next shot, his body language drops and the shoulders slump. 

Maybe that's a product of being brought into a professional set up from Biggleswade Town, maybe he doesn't feel good enough?  

Villa's main problem is, we don't have any goalscorers who can pick up the slack, meaning we cannot forgive missed chances like last night - they're too important for us to keep missing.

I don't think there is anyone on here who doesn't like or admire him and really want him to do well - but it's one of those where, we just don't have the time or situation to be able to mollycoddle him until (if) he sorts himself out. 

I think if we go down, his chance still remains here.  If we stay up, he really must go on loan somewhere, but it's vital he is playing regularly and not fighting for his space.  He needs to be told "you're my striker" I feel. 

Wish him the best whatever happens. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

That video would suggest he's Left footed. Primarily dribbles with his left, most passes are with his left and his few goals are left footed.

If he's right footed then the miss is more concerning as he had time to shift on to his right.

Last night's miss was poor no question, but one thing I took from that video is just how unlucky he is in front of goal. Every single attempt is on target. Several hit the woodwork, loads of absolutely incredible saves, even the ones which were not worldy saves were hard and low and hit and ankle and go wrong side of the post. 8/10 those type of finishes hit an ankle and go in. Like or loathe him he is hitting the target and being really really unlucky.

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He's got good feet, he's obviously very strong, hes got pretty good balance but he's not clinical and he's definitely not aggressive enough.

If he had the mind set of Ibrahimovic, he'd be incredible.  I think his main battle is in his head.  Every time he scores you think "this is it now, he can kick on", but if he misses his next shot, his body language drops and the shoulders slump. 

Maybe that's a product of being brought into a professional set up from Biggleswade Town, maybe he doesn't feel good enough?  

Villa's main problem is, we don't have any goalscorers who can pick up the slack, meaning we cannot forgive missed chances like last night - they're too important for us to keep missing.

I don't think there is anyone on here who doesn't like or admire him and really want him to do well - but it's one of those where, we just don't have the time or situation to be able to mollycoddle him until (if) he sorts himself out. 

I think if we go down, his chance still remains here.  If we stay up, he really must go on loan somewhere, but it's vital he is playing regularly and not fighting for his space.  He needs to be told "you're my striker" I feel. 

And the award for the overuse of the term 'every time' goes to... ;)

He's scored TWICE in FIFTY-FIVE games! It's really simple, he's not even 'young' (he's older than Luiz) and you can't just be that 'unlucky' all the time. He's nowhere near Premier League quality and I'd be disappointed if he was involved too much even if we get relegated. It might seem harsh but I doubt he'd even be prolific in League One.

Absolutely awful I'm afraid and that's based on his career, not the twenty minutes he spent strolling around last night not working for the team...

• Like 2

if stay up, he has to get a good loan move somewhere. I think he needs a full season under his belt and someone to give him the confidence that he will be their main man. Then we will know if he is good enough or not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me there is a real gem of a player in there but he lacks a killer instinct. He needs a couple of weeks with the Marines to give him that missing ingredient "Kill or be killed" kind of thing. He has so many good qualities it would be criminal for them (Coaches) to not find a way to add those goals to his game. Can't he spend 6 months of incessant intensive training with a top striker or something. Someone like Thierry Henry or crikey even Peter Withe or somat! He could teach him a thing or two about Centre forward play.

I do worry about our coaching staff regards the attacking side of the game as do we actually have anyone at the club who can coach this to the necessary level?

Supposed to be R O'K

generally, i am with you.....its just a bit missing, even if it is the main bit.

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I have no idea, what is required other than dedicated coaching....which may already be given.

I think he is aggressive in some respects he is not shy of the physical challenge, but he needs to be more aggressive with himself, to score, he needs the eye of the tiger, that ruthless streak, that serial goalscorers have.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair enough. Hopefully Barry does! 
BTW, I don't think Samatta is any better than Davis tbh. I don't think we have a PL quality striker at the club and include Wesley in that. 

Just being devils advocate.....would we get the price for Davis, we paid for Samatta.

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You keep saying this, but he is right footed.

Definitely left footed sir.

Bad miss, thankfully it didn't cost us.

Ideal situation is we stay up and he can go and play for six months in the Championship every week. 

• Like 1

Â