Keinan Davis

a-k

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why was he having to constantly be told to press after being on the pitch 5 minutes? 

I noticed this. Stood idle after coming on for the last 15. I'll never understand that. Run your bollocks off for **** sake!

• Like 3

Missed the one chance that could of set him alight and that's the sadness of this story for Davis because I do think we will see much else of him next season unfortunately if we stay up.

If we dont hes put a good shift in alot of the times at this club and alot of pressure was put on him, I'd be sad to see this lad leave but believe he would have a bright future where ever he ends up, if this season becomes his last.

He just dosen't believe he can score in those situations so overcomplicates the finish.

Martinez actually gave him a huge amount of the goal to aim for. If he had a right foot he could've just curled it into the corner.

I actually think he needs a striking coach or someone to work with him on the training ground constantly drilling him with shooting practice. If he's doing all that already it's a bit of a problem.

• Like 2

Forgetting the miss (it happens), he lost the ball everytime he got it and misplaced every pass. It was a shocking performance and could have cost us the game and potentially, our place in the league. Unless we're 4-0 up with 10 minutes to go, I dont want him anywhere near the pitch on Sunday.

• Like 1

Yeah he had a chance to come and be strong, hold the ball up and make himself a nuisance.

He was poor. And the miss was bad.

Didn't cost us but was disappointing

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah he had a chance to come and be strong, hold the ball up and make himself a nuisance.

He was poor. And the miss was bad.

Didn't cost us but was disappointing

Agree with all of that, and I don't think the kid will ever be good enough for the PL, but, I still thought he was better than Samatta today. 

Just now, av1 said:

Agree with all of that, and I don't think the kid will ever be good enough for the PL, but, I still thought he was better than Samatta today. 

I don't.

I think he's better than Samatta in general. but not today. He was poor.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't.

I think he's better than Samatta in general. but not today. He was poor.

Well we'll probably have to agree to disagree on today, but we probably both agree that both need replacing should we stay up. I don't see either having any sort of impact in the PL. 

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If we stay up we will need to keep at least one of them I would have thought (almost certainly Samatta) as otherwise we would need to buy at least two new strikers.

Our attack needs a total revamp to be honest.

Even if Grealish didn't leave I'd say we needed 2 strikers and two wide players. 

• Like 3

If there was one player tonight, i wanted to score, it was him.

he is so close and its fine margins......on the face of it his scoring record cannot be defended....but i think there is something there....it looks like some dedicated fine tuning, but they may have already tried that.

just a bit more composure tonight....pushing the ball to his right, fractionally, would have put him through, on his right foot.....he scuffed his shot but he left himself a lot to do, his left foot shot would most likely arc to the right of the post and it did.

30 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

2 goals in 55 games and he's 22 remember, not 18. He's nowhere near PL standard and I'm not even sure he'll have a Championship career either.

He’s the kind of player who would look great in a side where goals are coming from all over the pitch. He won’t find one of those in the Prem and as you say it’s debatable whether he would in the Champo. 

It’s a shame because there is a lot to like but he doesn’t have strikers instinct which teams pay big bucks for. He never scored lots in the youth set up. RHM used to get all the goals and look at him now. 

Â