Keinan Davis

a-k

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The fact it was on his weaker foot and only narrowly went wide shows he can be a lethal threat if defenders are not careful.

People were saying last night he is left footed and it was his stronger foot.

Missing the target, even on the weaker foot at this level is not good.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I liked it when he came on last night and boy how I wish that goal had gone in for him.

As you correctly state JV, he did well to get into the position and get a shot away. The fact it was on his weaker foot and only narrowly went wide shows he can be a lethal threat if defenders are not careful.

Again I like him.. he's a nusense and I think with more game time and PL experience he will keep improving.

He is not a 15/20 goal a season striker.. but he is a nusense and a big threat up top and I like that.

This lads first goal will do him the world of good when it comes.

I love the guy but he needs to go to a club where he plays week in week out.

Hard for him to build up any sort of momentum when he is never starting games and always playing second string.

Just now, Genie said:

Samatta worked his socks off, so added value that way. Davis just wasn’t at the races at all. 

It was a strange "performance" by him. Not had any reason to criticize his work rate before.

Be tempted to have Indiana come on against Wet Spam if this is what Keinan offers.

Just now, sne said:

It was a strange "performance" by him. Not had any reason to criticize his work rate before.

Be tempted to have Indiana come on against Wet Spam if this is what Keinan offers.

I was wondering this last night trying to sleep.

I assume he’s utilising Davis for hold up play over Indiana who seems like a different type of forward.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

People were saying last night he is left footed and it was his stronger foot.

Missing the target, even on the weaker foot at this level is not good.

I also thought he was right footed? I think were being a tad harsh on the lad. He did really well to get a shot away from an awkward angle point... for it to has just narrowly missed was very unlucky.

Even the best strikers miss chances.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That could be said about every one of our strikers.

I could maybe see Wes or Samatta alongside a proper proven striker (someone like Tammy), but Davis not so.

Ideally we’d bring in 2 accomplished forwards, keep Samatta or Wes as backup, loan out the other one, release Davis.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I also thought he was right footed? I think were being a tad harsh on the lad. He did really well to get a shot away from an awkward angle point... for it to has just narrowly missed was very unlucky.

I agree, everybody misses sometimes, but the problem is Davis doesn’t seem to “hit” in between.

Hes got a lot of goal to aim at here, and no pressure from the defenders to pick a spot.

39-D1757-F-9278-4-CAE-A7-AF-D1-B2-C0-CF1

He didn’t seem to be that surprised or disappointed after the miss either 

Video here

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Are you kidding? The goalkeeper was set wrong which gave Davis more open net to hit, his favourite side and he was moving in that direction and not on a turn.  The problem is that he always misses chances.....not sometimes or occasionally, he just misses chances and that miss could have been disastrous for us.

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

I didn’t think I was being particularly controversial.

Hes scored 2 in 55 hasn’t he? He just doesn’t look like a top level striker. He was busy against Sheffield United but carried no goal threat at all. He’s been weak ever since.

Last night he looked like a dead man walking. He seemed to know his time was up. No work rate, no effort, little interest, little quality. 

I wish him well, but think he’ll drop below Championship to score regularly.

Must have missed the pace and power that allowed him to shrug off a top class premier league defender for the chance he missed then.

Just now, sidcow said:

Must have missed the pace and power that allowed him to shrug off a top class premier league defender for the chance he missed then.

He is a premier league player, getting paid good money to score and create goals. He did ok to get ahead of the defender but it’s nothing for a professional footballer to be particularly proud of when he then scuffs his shot wide.

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

He gets into really good positions but can’t finish. If we stay up I’d like to see him go to a championship club and not have as much pressure. 

Fixed 👍

I think we should give the kid a break. He clearly has talent. His confidence must be through the floor but he has the courage to keep showing for the ball and trying hard. Many much more experienced players would be hiding away.

I agree that a season in loan would help his development but I have seen enough to suggest that he can be good enough.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

I didn’t think I was being particularly controversial.

Hes scored 2 in 55 hasn’t he? He just doesn’t look like a top level striker. He was busy against Sheffield United but carried no goal threat at all. He’s been weak ever since.

Last night he looked like a dead man walking. He seemed to know his time was up. No work rate, no effort, little interest, little quality. 

I wish him well, but think he’ll drop below Championship to score regularly.

Carried no goal threat at all is a reach.

Every single Aston Villa highlight in this video involved Davis almost scoring. 

That's the problem with Davis, its always almost with him. Its not like he's not even getting close, he's always tantalizingly close. Close enough that with a bit of luck, some of these shots could've been goals. 

I'm not saying its all down to bad luck, however I do think Davis has been quite unlucky so far. And another thing to note is that he really hasn't played all that long in the PL. In fact he hasn't even played 500 minutes in total.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you kidding? The goalkeeper was set wrong which gave Davis more open net to hit, his favourite side and he was moving in that direction and not on a turn.  The problem is that he always misses chances.....not sometimes or occasionally, he just misses chances and that miss could have been disastrous for us.

He is not an out and out striker who will get you bucket loads of goals.

I've said it many times, he is more of a target man, holds the ball up and holds off defenders.. create chances for others. He is a nusense and a pest to play against.

Play him in a style that suits his game better and you will see better from him in what is described.

I think a few are expecting too much from him.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Every single Aston Villa highlight in this video involved Davis almost scoring. 

Well there were 3 highlights. 
A header over the bar from 1 yard out

A potential tap into an open goal that he didn’t get on the end of.

and the one at the keeper, was a decent shot but was never going to go in as it was straight at Henderson.

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think we should give the kid a break. He clearly has talent. His confidence must be through the floor but he has the courage to keep showing for the ball and trying hard. Many much more experienced players would be hiding away.

Exactly.

Yet Samatta did nothing but run around like a headless chicken for most parts of the game when he wasn't missing in the rest of it. He had a good couple of spells in the 2nd half but nothing much to shout about.

Kienan is a useful player for a whole different reason due to the type of player he is.

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree, everybody misses sometimes, but the problem is Davis doesn’t seem to “hit” in between.

Hes got a lot of goal to aim at here, and no pressure from the defenders to pick a spot.

39-D1757-F-9278-4-CAE-A7-AF-D1-B2-C0-CF1

He didn’t seem to be that surprised or disappointed after the miss either 

Video here

It is criminal. I have bugged up this kid more than most but there comes a time when you cant excuse it anymore. Should probably have 3 goals since the restart off the top of my head. One from El Ghazi against Sheff? one from Targett against? And this.

They are all "free" goals. Go fill your boots ffs 

• Like 2

Â