Keinan Davis

a-k

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yes he doesn't score much, but scoring is a confidence thing and he hasn't scored any to build any confidence.

Granted he may not be a prolific scorer anyway.

In his defence that wasn't an easy chance.

But it was.....on his left foot, goalkeeper set wrong and him going straight and not on the turn.  Excusing it is over defending Davis and not looking at the chance objectively.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I still like him. 

Maybe not as a starter, but as a 3rd/4th choice striker. 

There, I've said it. 

We have done this too often. Holding on to players long after we should have. We need to be ruthless or this will always be an economic burden on us.

I think this year we have been more ruthless, moving on quite a few `young' players, and that is how it should be. Make way for others to come through, whether from our own ranks or bought in.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

But it was.....on his left foot, goalkeeper set wrong and him going straight and not on the turn.  Excusing it is over defending Davis and not looking at the chance objectively.

I agree he could have done more to give himself a better scoring chance, like cutting right to be more central to the goal, or to draw a foul/penalty, I would completely agree.

But if you think the chance as he took it was easy, I would question what you know about football.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

As much as you I guess....having played and watched football all my life which I assume is the same as you.

As a left footed striker/winger (yes at a very low level compared to Davis) below was as easy chance you could get apart from an open goal.  Favoured foot, going in the direction and not turning, goal keeper out of position and not being pulled by a defender.

802FBE9D-CFF7-4DA5-994D-048B810B6996.jpeg

He did everything right good run , shrugged the defender off, I was on my feet “ Its finally going to happen” then he missed feel like Diego Forlan all those years ago

• Like 1

For me there is a real gem of a player in there but he lacks a killer instinct. He needs a couple of weeks with the Marines to give him that missing ingredient "Kill or be killed" kind of thing. He has so many good qualities it would be criminal for them (Coaches) to not find a way to add those goals to his game. Can't he spend 6 months of incessant intensive training with a top striker or something. Someone like Thierry Henry or crikey even Peter Withe or somat! He could teach him a thing or two about Centre forward play.

I do worry about our coaching staff regards the attacking side of the game as do we actually have anyone at the club who can coach this to the necessary level?

Edited by danceoftheshamen

10 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me there is a real gem of a player in there but he lacks a killer instinct. He needs a couple of weeks with the Marines to give him that missing ingredient "Kill or be killed" kind of thing. He has so many good qualities it would be criminal for them (Coaches) to not find a way to add those goals to his game. Can't he spend 6 months of incessant intensive training with a top striker or something. Someone like Thierry Henry or crikey even Peter Withe or somat! He could teach him a thing or two about Centre forward play.

A bit early for drinking mate!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nick76 said:

As much as you I guess....having played and watched football all my life which I assume is the same as you.

As a left footed striker/winger (yes at a very low level compared to Davis) below was as easy chance as you could get apart from an open goal.  Favoured foot, going in the direction and not turning, goal keeper out of position, ball in stride and not being pulled by a defender.

802FBE9D-CFF7-4DA5-994D-048B810B6996.jpeg

Bang on. The only acceptable way for that to not be a goal is for the keeper to get something on it and deflect it wide. It was a bad miss to not get it on target. I had a horrible feeling it was going to cost us as the bad miss did in the Everton game.

I've only played at a very low level, but as a left footer i've scored multiple goals in this exact fashion. The keeper moves to cover his near post and is completely wrong footed if you tuck it in behind him to the far post. I bet Davis himself would score from that position 9/10 times in training. At this level that should be automatic. Just didn't strike it well and curved it away from the post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Bang on. The only acceptable way for that to not be a goal is for the keeper to get something on it and deflect it wide. It was a bad miss to not get it on target. I had a horrible feeling it was going to cost us as the bad miss did in the Everton game.

I've only played at a very low level, but as a left footer i've scored multiple goals in this exact fashion. The keeper moves to cover his near post and is completely wrong footed if you tuck it in behind him to the far post. I bet Davis himself would score from that position 9/10 times in training. At this level that should be automatic. Just didn't strike it well and curved it away from the post.

Funnily enough he needed yesterday's contact in the Sheffield United game (but on target of course), and that contact in yesterday's game.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He did everything right good run , shrugged the defender off, I was on my feet “ Its finally going to happen” then he missed feel like Diego Forlan all those years ago

Here's hoping he scores 25 like forlan next season 😂

• Haha 1

That chance last night wasn't a certain goal as some think it should have been. I think he did okay and it just curled wide on him. The problem is that he gets so few chances and when he does get them he misses. He's not going to make it if he's a shane long '1 chance in ten goes in' type of striker. 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

We have done this too often. Holding on to players long after we should have. We need to be ruthless or this will always be an economic burden on us.

I think this year we have been more ruthless, moving on quite a few `young' players, and that is how it should be. Make way for others to come through, whether from our own ranks or bought in.

It's not players like Davis who are a burden, rather players like McCormack, richards and Lansbury who are in higher wages and offer much much less

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That chance last night wasn't a certain goal as some think it should have been. I think he did okay and it just curled wide on him. 

Not a certain goal I agree because the goalie could've saved it but not to get it on target is criminal.  Absolutely no reason why that shouldnt be a goal aside from that.

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That chance last night wasn't a certain goal as some think it should have been. I think he did okay and it just curled wide on him. The problem is that he gets so few chances and when he does get them he misses. He's not going to make it if he's a shane long '1 chance in ten goes in' type of striker. 

To me, the only way he scored that is going through the keepers legs, or somehow curling it around near side.

If his approach angle was different he possibly could have curled it in with his outer foot.

In hindsight he probably should have cut back onto his right and had a go.

Just showing that image with the gaping goal doesn't tell the full story.

Even on Fifa that would not have been straightforward imo. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 minutes ago, WooJung said:

It's not players like Davis who are a burden, rather players like McCormack, richards and Lansbury who are in higher wages and offer much much less

Of course he's a burden.  I agree about the others being a burden but also holding onto players that are not good enough and keep hoping they will make it.  His miss yesterday could've resulted in relegation.  Is that the only reason we wouldve been relegated, of course not, there are many but slotting that away meant we definitely werent going to draw the game (or lose) plus it would give the opposition a lift that there is still a chance and if that game ended 1-1 it wouldve been a disaster given that chance.  These players are a burden because they take a starting spot.......what choice do we have otherwise? I agree...if youth was good enough then they would play but they arent.  we have got another option which is a problem.  We shouldnt have gone into the season with Kodjia, Wes and Davis as our front three....we shouldnt have only had Samatta and Davis after January transfer window, it's just a crime.  So that's not Davis' fault but he is a burden because he takes a spot he's not good enough for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To me, the only way he scored that is going through the keepers legs, or somehow curling it around near side.

If his approach angle was different he possible could have curled in with his instep.

In hindsight he probably should have cut back onto his right and had a go.

Just showing that image with the gaping goal doesn't tell the full story.

Even on Fifa that would not have been straightforward imo. lol

You are joking arent you.  The keeper was too faar over to his near side and left the gap.....we all saw it on TV as it happened and in numerous replays.  It was a golden opportunity on his favoured foot.  He didnt need to cut inside, he just needed to aim for the far corner. 

I cant believe people are defending that miss.  If the goalie saves then fine but he left a gap and it was wide open.  Showing that picture showing the gaping goal doesnt tell the full story!  what does that mean? what else do you need.  No defender near him, favoured foot, gaping hole to aim for......even watching the replay makes it even more obvious it shouldve been a goal.

This is not defensible! 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Here's hoping he scores 25 like forlan next season 😂

Or he scores a brace against wolves , and we can sing for years about how he made the dingles cry!

Â