Keinan Davis

a-k

His best performance to date because he looked purposeful and menacing. Roughed that young CB up and created a few opportunities. I wonder if he'll ever score a premier League goal though lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

I've been saying this for ages about Davis. Even I'm starting to accept he lacks the positional awareness to be a goalscorer even when his confidence is up also despite his physical attributes, he is too nice. Never see him react or get angry or look to bully a defender. If he had maupays nasty streak he could be a real handful.

Sadly I think his career is going to pass him by somewhat

Possibly. But he has probably earned more money than most of us.

On 05/07/2020 at 22:18, Keener window-cleaner said:

He has very good technique and shields the ball well, good hold up play. But I'd prefer the natural goal scorer Samatta, think we have a better chance of scoring with Samatta.

based on what, exactly.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How is he supposed to build some confidence and momentum when he is never starting consecutive games?

When did he last get 2 starts in a row? Under Bruce?

Never a starter, he just doesnt have it.  Has a few good spells and people on here suddenly thinks he's the solution, he's just not good enough.

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How is he supposed to build some confidence and momentum when he is never starting consecutive games?

When did he last get 2 starts in a row? Under Bruce?

I know you hate facts but all I had to do was go look at the team lists for the first two lockdown games (Sheffield United, Chelsea) to see he started both. I can't look at any of the other games as I don't have time.

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

A lot more senior goals than Davis, I imagine. 

Most the senior squad have more senior goals than Davis......I just have to check how he compares to Reina for scoring goals 😉

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I know you hate facts but all I had to do was go look at the team lists for the first two lockdown games (Sheffield United, Chelsea) to see he started both. I can't look at any of the other games as I don't have time.

Ok so 2 consecutive starts in 3 years. 

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Ok so 2 consecutive starts in 3 years. 

I said I didn't check out the other games. To be fair though he was injured for about a year, and we've been having 2/3 games a week.

I can see what he offers, but lets face it, the walsall fans wouldnt get excited if he signed for them........... 

I heard someone say other day, hes like Heskey.............. my response was, which Heskey? cos it certainly isnt the 80 cap england no9 thats won nearly everthing there is to win in the country for some of the biggest clubs possible.............. I wished he was even a modicum of Heskey

Just now, Adbo9 said:

I can see what he offers, but lets face it, the walsall fans wouldnt get excited if he signed for them........... 

I heard someone say other day, hes like Heskey.............. my response was, which Heskey? cos it certainly isnt the 80 cap england no9 thats won nearly everthing there is to win in the country for some of the biggest clubs possible.............. I wished he was even a modicum of Heskey

They are similar in the way they play the game.

Heskey is a better goal scorer though. No disagreement there.

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

A lot more senior goals than Davis, I imagine. 

ok?

I would keep him for the championship though, with samatta playing off him.

but we need a quick, forager in the squad to mix it up.....the front line has no pace.

Edited by TRO

Showed more than Samatta yesterday yet never looks a threat on goal. Ever. But I honestly don't think he's there to score goals, as in I don't think Smith plays him to score as he knows he can't. He's included to be more so to be a nuisance and hope he can hustle and lay the ball off for our midfielders. Sadly, that's more proactive than Samatta is being. And even more sadly, neither is good enough.

You simply can't have zero threat from your strikers if you wish to stay in this division. 

Edited by roonst83

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

ok?

I would keep him for the championship though, with samatta playing off him.

I'd rather develop Indiana than wasting up space with a player in his late 20's who looks way out of his depth.

But i know we won't do that. We just aren't that club. We buy Jota. We buy Drinkwater. Instead of developing the likes of O'Hare.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd rather develop Indiana than wasting up space with a player in his late 20's who looks way out of his depth.

But i know we won't do that. We just aren't that club. We buy Jota. We buy Drinkwater. Instead of developing the likes of O'Hare.

I don't know what we are?.....just somebody that keeps getting transfers wrong.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know what we are?.....just somebody that keeps getting transfers wrong.

Attempting to buy ourselves out of trouble is what we are.

Problem is we aren't very good at it. Took us 3 seasons to get out of the Championship despite of an outrageous amount of spending.

This season has been no exception. We recruit poorly and let capable youngsters go.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Â