Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

On 08/09/2019 at 05:24, TheAuthority said:

I actually watched this game here in New York on ESPN (It's amazing the amount of footy you can get live here now.)

Before this, Delfounso was subbed on (boy has he bulked up) and CoH Cruyff turned the Fonz who ended up on his arse. Then ND had to leave the pitch injured! This left Blackpool with 10 men as they had used up their subs and CoH scored when it was 11 vs 10.

Another Villa connection is that Simon Grayson is managing Blackpool now and they played some nice stuff. As another poster mentioned earlier Coventry also play some really nice stuff and this was a thoroughly enjoyable game. 

(I'm not as anti-Coventry as some on here as I haven't cared about them since Steve Ogrizovich  (sp?) was their goalie.)

Edit: Just found his pic. What looker eh?

steve-ogrizovic-coventry-city-goalkeeper

Is that a side profile ? 

• Haha 1

On 08/09/2019 at 14:24, TheAuthority said:

(I'm not as anti-Coventry as some on here as I haven't cared about them since Steve Ogrizovich  (sp?) was their goalie.)

Edit: Just found his pic. What looker eh?

steve-ogrizovic-coventry-city-goalkeeper

He looks like the love child of Steve Bruce and Neil Warnock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Coventry fans seem to highly rate him from what i have seen reading their fan forum.

Seems to reguarly get 7 or 8 out of 10.

His contract is expiring in the summer, wonder if we will offer an extension?

Also i wonder if he needs a season in the championship?  Not sure if league 1 will really tell us anything much?

Good that he seems to be doing well at Coventry though.

Edited by MaVilla

On 13/09/2019 at 12:53, handsworthlion said:

Off to watch him at the Pirelli Stadium on Saturday, hoping to see him impress. will report back.

Jesus.....that's a long report....taken nearly a month to write!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What a pass. He's doing very well at Coventry, will he ever make it here? 

Okay I say he's doing well but only has a couple goals/assists this season 😬 Probably won't make it but always see positive things about O'Hare from Coventry fans 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bloke at work is a Coventry fan, loves him, but thinks league one, at a push championship is O’Hares level 

Love if the lad did well but he gets an awful lot of unfair hype on here which is also unfair on him. Last season people were saying he was the natural backup to Jack

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Love if the lad did well but he gets an awful lot of unfair hype on here which is also unfair on him. Last season people were saying he was the natural backup to Jack

I have never understood this ‘unfair hype’ argument in relation to O’Hare or why he wasn’t given more of an opportunity around the first team squad. From the little I saw of him in a Villa shirt I thought he was an outstanding talent. He can dribble, beat players , has a good eye for a pass and imho has innate ability. Its obviously hard to get a real sense of whether he can step up based on his various loans but I still think we should have given him a try.

Ultimately, the coaching staff know more about him and obviously feel he isn’t ready/good enough but I think we have missed a trick - but then again I am just a fan  🥴

Edited by MikeMcKenna

15 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

2nd assist tonight:

He has great movement and irrespective of the opponents that was a great pass. It is interesting to read the BBC match report tonight praising him to high heaven. Be great if he could help screw the scum in the next round! I would have him back in a shot - he can unlock defences.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51092304

On-loan Aston Villa midfielder Callum O'Hare, whose last-minute equaliser rescued Coventry against Ipswich in the second round, again played a big part, superbly creating all three goals.

In front of a paltry St Andrew's crowd of just 2,697 on a foul night, Coventry set up a first meeting with Birmingham since beating them 3-2 in the League Cup at the Ricoh Arena in August 2012.

Coventry are ground-sharing the 2019-20 season at Birmingham City's St Andrew's after failing to agree a deal to stay at the Ricoh Arena.

Their fourth-round meeting takes place on Saturday 25 January.

It did not take long for Coventry to get into their stride as, after just four minutes, O'Hare curled a beautifully weighted right-footed pass into space behind Rovers defender Alfie Kilgour for striker Biamou to run on to and tuck home with a low left-footed shot.

Biamou twice went close to a second, while Dom Hyam's header was cleared off the line spectacularly by Coventry old boy Jonson Clarke-Harris.

But striker Clarke-Harris was also close to a goal at the other end, heading just over only a minute after Bristol winger Alex Rodman had headed against the bar.

O'Hare was Coventry's supply line again when the Sky Blues doubled their lead five minutes into the second half, sending another slide-rule pass inside covering defender Luke Leahy for Pask to blast home a stunning second.

And the tie was all over six minutes later when O'Hare jinked into the Rovers box, fired in a low left-footed drive and BIamou stuck out his right foot to instinctively turn it home - his eighth goal of the season, five of which have come in the cup competitions.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

Â