Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

Just now, DCJonah said:

Haha, great.

Now you're just saying crazy things. Like I said, it's based on nothing. 

It's based on what I've seen from the players we signed in the summer.

To be honest, I'm just really bored and arguing because I'm angry at the quality of the players we brought in, in the Summer. He probably isn't a better option than them but that doesn't say much. 
Anyway, we wouldnt have a player that could run onto the through ball's he plays. We don't have a striker remember. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's based on what I've seen from the players we signed in the summer.

To be honest, I'm just really bored and arguing because I'm angry at the quality of the players we brought in, in the Summer. He probably isn't a better option than them but that doesn't say much. 
Anyway, we wouldnt have a player that could run onto the through ball's he plays. We don't have a striker remember. 

I think our summer business is looking poor. But that doesn't mean a kid, struggling to start every game in league 1 is all of a sudden a better option. 

I'd rather see ohare getting the chances douglas luiz keeps pissing away. Luiz gives me the impression he really doesn't give a shit.

If liverpools kids can come in and knock their local rivals out of the cup, why can't villa throw some of their own fresh meat onto the bbq.

If your brummy midfielder gives it away cheap there would be more leeway than the 15m brazillian giving it away with his horrendous lack of focus.

• Like 1

Mcginn looked like a 50m player when he was in championship but has looked incredibly average in the prem.

Luiz and nakamba would destroy league 1. And I don't think they're that good. The quality in leagues is huge. Someone who struggles to get into a league 1 side certainly isn't better than any first team players in our squad.

If he wasn't a villa player and we signed him to replace Luiz / nakamba there would be uproar here.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I'd rather see ohare getting the chances douglas luiz keeps pissing away. Luiz gives me the impression he really doesn't give a shit.

If liverpools kids can come in and knock their local rivals out of the cup, why can't villa throw some of their own fresh meat onto the bbq.

If your brummy midfielder gives it away cheap there would be more leeway than the 15m brazillian giving it away with his horrendous lack of focus.

Not sure it’s lack of focus it’s just that he isn’t very good. Would have liked to see Hayes given a chance rather than sent out on loan and indeed O’Hare.

Surely it would be Lansbury and Jota he'd be competing for a spot with. They are just in the squad to make up the numbers anyway.

As much as I'd love for him to come good or be good enough to be a rotation player for us this season odds are he is not.

Happy to give him another contract extension thou.

• Like 2

Yeah I thought C O'H was a Grealish style player, gets up and supports the forwards rather than a deep lying CM.

Anyway would imagine we'll see him around the first team squad next season whatever division we're in. Coming to that period where it will be make or break for likes of him and RHM I think (think Green is already passed that).

• Like 1

I think he would be a better player surrounded by better players. I like him a lot, his attitude, work rate, desire to put himself about (and his quality) has been first rate everytime I have watched him.

Talk of him coming back here is truly fanciful though, let him continue to play. Again, another one who has missed out on 50 plus games of experience because we refused it seems to loan kids out.

Give him a new deal, if we go down he is the main one I would invest the time in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he would be a better player surrounded by better players. I like him a lot, his attitude, work rate, desire to put himself about (and his quality) has been first rate everytime I have watched him.

Talk of him coming back here is truly fanciful though, let him continue to play. Again, another one who has missed out on 50 plus games of experience because we refused it seems to loan kids out.

Give him a new deal, if we go down he is the main one I would invest the time in.

Why? 

If we go down we will be able to attract some of the best players in the league, while also keeping a solid championship core of players in the squad. 

If O'Hare is anywhere near the team next season, it will mean that relegation has caused more financial issues than anyone thought possible. I doubt he will be a villa player for much longer. 

If he isn't starting every single game in league 1, why do people somehow think he will handle the championship? He has looked weak and poor every time he has played for the villa first team.

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why? 

If we go down we will be able to attract some of the best players in the league, while also keeping a solid championship core of players in the squad. 

If O'Hare is anywhere near the team next season, it will mean that relegation has caused more financial issues than anyone thought possible. I doubt he will be a villa player for much longer. 

If he isn't starting every single game in league 1, why do people somehow think he will handle the championship? He has looked weak and poor every time he has played for the villa first team.

Not disagreeing but he's still only 21 and it's a total of 9 games and 490 minutes spread out over 3 years. Most of them when he was 18 or 19.

We are notoriously bad at giving our kids game time and have been so for ages. Loads of academy players have been shipped out to go on and have solid if unspectacular careers.

And relegation will most definitely cause huge financial issues, short and long term meaning we'll have to sell our core players along with a few who I suspect have no interest to play Championship football.

Edited by sne

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why? 

Nobody is suggesting making him our main creative outlet, or refusing to buy better players because we have the likes of him or Doyle-Hayes. But we will still need a squad in the Championship, and these players may be worthy of minutes. We got promoted while Andre Green played fairly regularly; it isn't a death sentence to play youth players sometimes. 

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why? 

Which we did before and it didn't work and we went to the wall. It never works.

You need a good blend in the Championship of quality and fighters.

Again, I think our core foundations would be solid. I think a good team he would do the business.

He has played a few minutes in scratch teams cobbled together.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2020 at 10:27, screwdriver said:

A player not giving a shit would not jump into the crowd after scoring, like he did against Watford. 

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprised to see he is actually older than Luiz by a few days. I reckon he’ll be sold in the summer.

Doubt it considering it's his first few months on loan, and hes doing well.

He will be out at a higher level next year imo

One bad game doesn't mean diddly!

Edited by Nigel

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprised to see he is actually older than Luiz by a few days. I reckon he’ll be sold in the summer.

Wow. Didn’t realise that before, mad.

Edited by alreadyexists

Â