Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

Watching that short film i thought he reminded me of Coutinho with regards to playing style. However Coutinho developed his distance shooting. If Callum is going to make it i think he needs to develop this too. Score some goals from outside of the box. There is quality player there but he needs to score some goals.

Edited by Danishlad

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

He can still go on loan to a League 1 or 2 club before the 2nd september......

Ah ok. I’d be having words with bolton, and send a couple of players out to them. With the state they are in I’m sure we could waive any wages as long as they guaranteed to give our player 20+ games. Yes I know normally clubs shouldn’t guarantee game time, but don’t Bolton have 3 first team players? Sending a few out to there (including Cal) would give them vital first team experience for a year, in an environment where they know a couple of others. I’m sure Chelsea do it with vitesee 

I don't think he's anything like Coutinho to be honest, not just that he isn't as good as him, no one would expect that of him of course, but he isn't even the same style of player, it's actually hard to think of a player that he's similar to, I saw someone compare him to Tevez, and I think whilst it's not a perfet comparison I think it's a lot more accurate than comparisons to Grealish or Coutinho, like Tevez he's hard working and constantly harrasing the oppossition, and has some skill, but he's not the kind to use it from deep positions, it's best employed in and around the box, where he's capable of clever flicks, and little through balls. He actually has a very good goal scoring record for the U23s, but again he often plays further forward, almost as a second striker sometimes.

I think he needs to go on loan, if Smith didn't think that Green was going to get much of a game with us, then I seriously doubt that O'Hare will get many minutes on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Ah ok. I’d be having words with bolton, and send a couple of players out to them. With the state they are in I’m sure we could waive any wages as long as they guaranteed to give our player 20+ games. Yes I know normally clubs shouldn’t guarantee game time, but don’t Bolton have 3 first team players? Sending a few out to there (including Cal) would give them vital first team experience for a year, in an environment where they know a couple of others. I’m sure Chelsea do it with vitesee 

Pretty crap environment though isn't it?

So can we loan him out to lower leagues still? Would be incredibly beneficial to get him playing.

Lad has ability but with his size, he's just got to up his game to make it at a higher level. It's possible, wee Barry has had a lovely career for himself.

Edited by Tomaszk

Fantastic footballer with the ball at his feet and great movement, as good as any in the squad. Also a really stable character. He's not quite there though when it comes to end product passing and shooting (anything further than 10 yards away from him). That will develop with a bit of coaching.

He'd be awesome at 5-a-side!

On 09/08/2019 at 00:20, arkasaurus said:

Fantastic footballer with the ball at his feet and great movement, as good as any in the squad. Also a really stable character. He's not quite there though when it comes to end product passing and shooting (anything further than 10 yards away from him). That will develop with a bit of coaching.

He'd be awesome at 5-a-side!

He needs some Arse training from McGinn.....He will then be a Maupay/Phillips type.

He is a fine player, Physicality needs to be worked on.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

I'd imagine we have some sort of 1 year option, and the same with Andre Green which won't be made public.

His contract was running out this summer, we activated his 1 year contract extension to extend it to 2020 I believe.

So he's gone out on loan to Coventry and his contract runs out in 2020, wonder if he will sign a new one or if we will see him again?

Very good technical ability & perfect as in front 3 unit .His style of play suits need teammates with same wavelength that’s pass & move. A good gauge of his ability is when he’s running with the ball,  the ball moving same speed as him glue to feet , unlike the old school winger Young/ Green that push ball & run type, which is really obsolete now in the modern game.

Good luck O Hare ! 

Â