Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Coventry?

Thought he had more to offer than that level?

I was quite surprised to see that Coventry are now in League One and near the top (it's early I know), which is a league above Carlisle I suppose.

I was hoping to see him get a Championship club come in for him, but I guess if he gets a full season playing for Coventry rather than a bit part season in the Championship then he will benefit from that more. Hopefully he impresses and improves, and earns himself a new deal here with us before the end of the season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I was quite surprised to see that Coventry are now in League One and near the top (it's early I know), which is a league above Carlisle I suppose.

I was hoping to see him get a Championship club come in for him, but I guess if he gets a full season playing for Coventry rather than a bit part season in the Championship then he will benefit from that more. Hopefully he impresses and improves, and earns himself a new deal here with us before the end of the season.

perhaps I'm bit behind the times.....apologies to Coventry.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

perhaps I'm bit behind the times.....apologies to Coventry.

No, I was amazed as well. Like you I thought they were still struggling in League Two, I guess all the bad finance and ground sharing stories have clouded a slight upward trajectory for them.

PS. No need to ever apologise to Coventry 🤣

• Like 1

It's the right level for him. He didn't quite look up to snuff in his limited cameos for us but did very well in League 2. Next tier up at a team that should give him plenty of game time makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

If we survive this season, then he's going to have to make a very big impression in league one to be considered good enough for a premier league side, or even one that's aiming for promotion from the championship should it come to that. Same goes for Hepburn-Murphy, Doyle-Hayes, Green and Davis, all have less than a year left on their current deals, and need to have big seasons if they're to have a future at the club, especially if we're still a premier league side next season.

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Never seen the fuss that surrounds him whenever he has been near the first team. 

There was a time some were calling for him to play instead of Grealish. 

I think he is a player that stood out in the youth team.....for what I see, the youth is all about technical skills and little physicality.

Callum is well blessed with quick feet, but he is lacking in the area of physicality, which keeps you in the game.....he is so easily negated, like so many youth players.

It took Barry Bannan some time to gain this attribute that many pour scorn on and blame a lack of it on poor refs, which is not always the case.......Its something we have lacked for some time at Villa as a whole and only certain players have it.

Jack had to spend some time on dedicated work on it.....It seems like John McGinn it is all so natural.

I hope Callum makes it and looking at some top players who are diminutive he could well do.....but those same players do not allow opponents to muscle them out.....I hope he learns the art.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Coventry is a good move for a few reasons except for the stadium

I know Coventry are a deeply unpopular side on this forum (I can't say I care about them in the slightest personally), but they play pretty good, fast counter-attacking football under Mark Robins. They have some good players for him to work with. 

It's a tough one. I am a firm believer that you get better at stuff by playing against and with people that are better than you. But at the same time I think it's probably better for young lads to get 30 matches and a bit of confidence in a league they can hold their own, than being stuck in a league they get 10 matches and constantly get bullied. 

It's a fine line in development between pushing the limits of your ability and playing for the sake of confidence. 

I must say though, it's a lot of fun observing how good former Villa academy graduates have become at smaller clubs, while going under the radar. Was watching Daniel Johnson for Preston vs Stoke the other night and he's come a long way.  

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Just had a look on sky blues talk, and apparently when he was brought on in the second half, their fans or some of them were singing s*** on the Villa. Not a great situation for him if true.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

According to Trevor Morley Jota was booed by Villa fans when the game started yesterday as well due to his sha connections.  No idea if he's right 

Dunno who Trevor Morley is but he sounds like a complete clearing in the woods. 

41 minutes ago, useless said:

Just had a look on sky blues talk, and apparently when he was brought on in the second half, their fans or some of them were singing s*** on the Villa. Not a great situation for him if true.

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

According to Trevor Morley Jota was booed by Villa fans when the game started yesterday as well due to his sha connections.  No idea if he's right 

Honest to god some fans of clubs have the iq of their shoe size, I wonder how they manage to feed themselves.

I don't get this kind of hatred myself, u gotta be really thick to hate a player like that just because of their parent or historic club.

I can imagine there can be exceptions, But generally I mean, for example with ohare, literally zero reason for it, same with jota tbh.

Edited by MaVilla

The fact that some cov fans hate us cos.....erm.....erm....well, that's it. I've no idea why. Do they really think they matter to any of us at VP ? Jeez, i know and care more about walsall than Cov.

The kiss arsing some of them are doing on the sha forum is hilarious too !

Â