Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

I like him, there's a player there for sure. He is always hungry for the ball and wants to be direct in possession. 

Just needs games and experience, possibly strengthen up a little more too as he seems too easily pressured off the ball.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I like him, there's a player there for sure. He is always hungry for the ball and wants to be direct in possession. 

Just needs games and experience, possibly strengthen up a little more too as he seems too easily pressured off the ball.

I think he has strength to sell......I think uncertainty is his enemy.

sorry this comment was made in error about Andre Green.

Edited by TRO

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but I just don't rate this lad. I don't see what the hype is with him. He looks very average to me.

Far from ready yet - needs to play regularly at championship level and  see how he does 

• Like 2

Not sure he'd even get a game at a championship club, no point him going somewhere where that he's only going to sit on the bench, he'd be better off staying with us and playing the EFL Trophy. His best bet would probably be to try and get a loan to a League One side until January and then take it from there, same with Rushian Hepburn-Murphy. Green and Davis as it stands I think we need, but if we sign more players then those two should be able to find loan moves to Championship clubs that will give them game time.

• Like 1

Saw this little video compilation of Callum on loan last season. link

I think if he continues to develop he has a chance of making it. I don't think he has ripped up any trees in the preseason games I have seen. However, in these highlights he looks like he can ride a challenge. For me the issue with these highlights is his final ball. He hasn't got the weight of pass that Grealish has (still few players do!). Needs to make sure that he makes more of his good work hurt the opposition in someway. Still I'm no great judge of a player and highlights is a rubbish way to scout someone.

I wonder what Dean and co. have in mind for young Callum?

On 23/07/2019 at 14:55, The Fun Factory said:

A season loan to a well run championship club like Preston would do him a world of good.

Great shout. Perfect side for him.

He's got work to do. He has to get games and learn how to play without thinking everything has to be a game winning pass. Carlisle fans generally rated him so that's good.

He's only 2 months older than Green, interesting Deano seems to really like Green and keeps giving him chances, O'Hare less so.

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Great shout. Perfect side for him.

He's got work to do. He has to get games and learn how to play without thinking everything has to be a game winning pass. Carlisle fans generally rated him so that's good.

He's only 2 months older than Green, interesting Deano seems to really like Green and keeps giving him chances, O'Hare less so.

make a hybrid of them 2 and wow! what a prospect.

Edited by TRO

He does play in a similar-ish way and from the same club. Can understand the comparison (but i agree on your point).

Jack had similar misgivings about him when he went on loan to Notts County that he was too lightweight and easily pushed off the ball. It's also something O'Hare needs to work on, can tell he has potential though. He isn't going to get to Jacks level but it would be nice to have a second option in a similar vein also come through the academy. Here's hoping he makes the most of his season on loan.

He can still go on loan to a league one side. I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with Jacob Ramsey, if he doesn't go on loan, it might not take that much of a turn of events to see him make our match day squads, hopefully can live up to his potential, looks a very exciting player from the few times i've seen him.

On 03/08/2019 at 17:36, HalfTimePost said:

He does play in a similar-ish way and from the same club. Can understand the comparison (but i agree on your point).

Jack had similar misgivings about him when he went on loan to Notts County that he was too lightweight and easily pushed off the ball. It's also something O'Hare needs to work on, can tell he has potential though. He isn't going to get to Jacks level but it would be nice to have a second option in a similar vein also come through the academy. Here's hoping he makes the most of his season on loan.

Also both are  Solihull born lads.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Surprised he didn’t get a loan move, perhaps he’ll be used as the fourth winger 

Yeah I agree, think he did enough in his 6 month loan last year to convince Smith.

Besides he's in his last year of contract, pointless loaning him out then releasing him next summer.

Having said that he may still end up at a league 1 or 2 club, but I think he's better than that as he showed last year.

Think he's at the age now where he needs to be involved as next season he would be too old to qaulify as a youngster so its last chance saloon to prove his worth for a new contract and a place in the 25 man squad next season.. we wont learn that by sending him to league 1/2 

He couldn't get anywhere near our first team as a championship club, and whenever he got a chance in the cups he failed to impress, so I don't think he's shown that he's better than league one, if he had a championship club would have tried to sign him, Green will be way ahead of him in the pecking order and we let him go. Some seem to think he could be the next Grealish, but he's nowhere near as good, not only that but he's not even really a similar style player to Grealish.

Not to write him off though as he's hardly had a chance, hopefully he can come good, I think he's looked his best when playing for youth side, almost as a second striker, whenever he's played for the first team he plays deeper, which I don't think brings the best ouf of him.

Edited by useless

Â