Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t even know about the miss when I posted. Meant in general.

In general he is doing well at this level.

You can't compare him to any other player at his age as players mature at different levels. 

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

In general he is doing well at this level.

You can't compare him to any other player at his age as players mature at different levels. 

I suppose so. Still be surprised if he made in it the top flight.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Started on the bench again, yet people think he should be given chances in our team? 

I just can't see him being a villa player for much longer. Maybe, like Callum Robinson he will take a longer route to the prem and eventually make it but I'd be surprised. 

Maybe he’s not as good as all the hype, which I’ve never understood too.  If he was anywhere near good enough to play for us in the PL, at 21 approaching 22 he wouldn’t be on loan to a league one club. 

I would expect he doesn’t get a new contract. It’ll be like Gary Gardner’s unwarranted contract extensions just in case he turns into a player. Same with RHM, battled to get him to sign a new contract but no where near a PL player.

If he wasn’t our player and was available on a free, I doubt very much we would be interested in buying a league one squad player. 

Edited by Elton
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Elton said:

Maybe he’s not as good as all the hype, which I’ve never understood too.  If he was anywhere near good enough to play for us in the PL, at 21 approaching 22 he wouldn’t be on loan to a league one club. 

In 2015 Jesse Lingard was a 23 year old out on loan in the lower divisions. In 2016 he was playing for Man United and England. Players develop at different speeds. Binning players off for not being ready for PL football at 21 or 22 is insane... of course having said all that the flipside is absolutely to bin off those who won’t ultimately make it, that’s the tough decision that needs making. But I don’t think your point on age is necessarily fair on the lad.

(Haven’t seen enough of him to comment myself)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

In 2015 Jesse Lingard was a 23 year old out on loan in the lower divisions. In 2016 he was playing for Man United and England. Players develop at different speeds. Binning players off for not being ready for PL football at 21 or 22 is insane... of course having said all that the flipside is absolutely to bin off those who won’t ultimately make it, that’s the tough decision that needs making. But I don’t think your point on age is necessarily fair on the lad.

(Haven’t seen enough of him to comment myself)

The thing is, when Lingard was playing for Man U and England he always looked like a lower league player who had won a competition. He still does but he doesn’t seem to play for either these days! He will go somewhere, hopefully not us and will just disappear into obscurity.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tinker said:

Missed one chance ........he should.move on,........... lol, his time here is over.

Needs  to play more often, if Cov won't give him more game time then he needs to move on. Play him or lose him .

He should earn his playing time in a team like Coventry. 

11 hours ago, Nigel said:

Doubt it considering it's his first few months on loan, and hes doing well.

He will be out at a higher level next year imo

One bad game doesn't mean diddly!

Agreed , I work in coventry and their fans tell me he’s been their best player this season - miss aside yesterday he had a real impact after coming on , has had an extremely good loan season so far 

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Started on the bench again, yet people think he should be given chances in our team? 

I just can't see him being a villa player for much longer. Maybe, like Callum Robinson he will take a longer route to the prem and eventually make it but I'd be surprised. 

Started on the bench because he’s been carrying a slight injury.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

?

Friend of mines son went to school with Callum and he was a big blues fan - not that it bothers me at all , when he’s played for villa he’s given his all and I’ve no doubt will continue to do so 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

In 2015 Jesse Lingard was a 23 year old out on loan in the lower divisions. In 2016 he was playing for Man United and England. Players develop at different speeds. Binning players off for not being ready for PL football at 21 or 22 is insane...

I was surprised to read recently that O'Hare is the same age as Douglas Luiz, (8 days older in fact) 

He is diminutive so he needs to fill out like Maupay and get used to the physicality of the game.

but lets not make the same mistake, we made with Bannan and Albrighton.....plenty of time to make a decision.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is diminutive so he needs to fill out like Maupay and get used to the physicality of the game.

but lets not make the same mistake, we made with Bannan and Albrighton.....plenty of time to make a decision.

Albrighton was a mistake, we should have loaned him out and given more opportunity to progress under us. 

Bannan was 100% the right decision, never a premier league player. 

• Like 1

Â