Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Elton said:

The thing is he is not really a youth player now. He is around the same age as Douglas Luiz, Keenan Davis and Konsa. Much older than Vassilev.

If he was good enough he’d be kept in our squad, a regular at a League one club and under contract after the summer. He is none of these things.

Playing well in the 2nd tier U23 league doesn’t really equate to first team potential.

Exactly. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

His contract expires this summer doesn't it?

I thought we activated the 1 year extension in his contract last summer, so either he signs a new one or hes off?

I mean this says everything you need to know. If the club felt he'd progress to the level where he will be a first team player in a couple of years he'd have a longer deal. 

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

His contract expires this summer doesn't it?

I thought we activated the 1 year extension in his contract last summer, so either he signs a new one or hes off?

I believe that's correct for him and a lot of our youngsters. Unless something has been signed and unannounced Davis, Doyle-Hayes, Green, Hepburn-Murphy, Sarkic & O'Hare are all out of contract in the Summer.

Assist in extra time for O'Hare who was subbed on after 72 minutes against SHA in the cup.

Currently the game winning goal 

Edit: SHA scored so pens it is.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

On 28/01/2020 at 16:52, Elton said:

The thing is he is not really a youth player now. He is around the same age as Douglas Luiz, Keenan Davis and Konsa. Much older than Vassilev.

If he was good enough he’d be kept in our squad, a regular at a League one club and under contract after the summer. He is none of these things.

Playing well in the 2nd tier U23 league doesn’t really equate to first team potential.

I think the biggest concern with o'hare is his lack of physicality. He is very small and lightweight, so would struggle in the PL. Unless he bulks up, has a growth spurt or develops Messi-esque technical ability I'm not sure he will make it at the top level. 

39 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He said he went up for a header and it was a head butt... so I suppose just a clash of heads but looks a hell of a slice

Blimey, the cut looks as If someone stamped on his head.....

• Sad 1

On 05/02/2020 at 13:09, Made In Aston said:

I think the biggest concern with o'hare is his lack of physicality. He is very small and lightweight, so would struggle in the PL. Unless he bulks up, has a growth spurt or develops Messi-esque technical ability I'm not sure he will make it at the top level. 

By that logic he should be struggling in league 1, which is a far more physically demanding league. He's doing quite well.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2020 at 13:09, Made In Aston said:

Callum is absolutely smashing it at Cov this season, with his physicality not being an issue at all. If Villa don’t stick him on a decent contract they’re mad. The club have recently recognised the importance of getting their young players out on loan for “real” football experience and it’s certainly paying off for Callum O’Hare, and he’ll get better and better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dadster23 said:

Callum is absolutely smashing it at Cov this season, with his physicality not being an issue at all. If Villa don’t stick him on a decent contract they’re mad. The club have recently recognised the importance of getting their young players out on loan for “real” football experience and it’s certainly paying off for Callum O’Hare, and he’ll get better and better. 

I agree. I was talking to a Cov fan at work and he was desperate to keep him. 
Could be the equivalent of Jack’s loan to Notts Forest in terms of Callum’s development. 

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I agree. I was talking to a Cov fan at work and he was desperate to keep him. 
Could be the equivalent of Jack’s loan to Notts Forest in terms of Callum’s development. 

It was Notts County mate

Â