Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He plays on the right or just off the striker - his route to the first team is currently blocked by Snodgrass and Onomah - they're both injured. 

I think it's fair to say we're about to find out whether the manager rates him.

Not at all. It's a long season and he's a young player. Bruce has already given him some small glimpses of the first team and I'm sure as the season progresses we'll see him more. One game where he is or isn't in the squad doesn't mean the manager doesn't rate him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not at all. It's a long season and he's a young player. Bruce has already given him some small glimpses of the first team and I'm sure as the season progresses we'll see him more. One game where he is or isn't in the squad doesn't mean the manager doesn't rate him.

There aren't a great deal of alternatives in fairness - I'm not sure Grealish is quite ready to start again yet and Lansbury is still a little was from fitness.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

There aren't a great deal of alternatives in fairness - I'm not sure Grealish is quite ready to start again yet and Lansbury is still a little was from fitness.

When was last game Lansbury played? Is it just me or are we better without him?

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

When was last game Lansbury played? Is it just me or are we better without him?

It potentially looks that way, but I can't remember when he got injured. It could just be that he hasn't played for us since we started showing good form so maybe he'd be a totally different player for us playing for this current in-form Villa. That said it doesn't bode well that I actually forgot he existed. 

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

It potentially looks that way, but I can't remember when he got injured. It could just be that he hasn't played for us since we started showing good form so maybe he'd be a totally different player for us playing for this current in-form Villa. That said it doesn't bode well that I actually forgot he existed. 

if we want to get promotion, we need Lansbury and Hogan to play a part as we are unlikely to buy anyone in Jan. We can't have any passengers, we already have Richards and Gabby.

Callum will hopefully play a role also.

Edited by VillanousOne

19 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

if we want to get promotion, we need Lansbury and Hogan to play a part as we are unlikely to buy anyone in Jan. We can't have any passengers, we already have Richards and Gabby.

Callum will hopefully play a role also.

Who is this Lansbury of which you speak? 

7 hours ago, lexicon said:

Interesting showcase from him today - doesn't quite look ready for regular first team play yet as his positioning needs work but he clearly has a ton of potential. 

And yet still got an assist, offered himself more than most on the pitch and tried to make quick pass and moves. 

Needs a run of games not just a sub appearance . The boys a talent.

• Like 2

I was impressed.  Rapid precise short passes. Pass and move, pass and move. Constantly making himself available for the ball,  always moving in to space.
Very positive player. Sadly whenever he seemed to initate somthing, his teammates chose the safe backwards pass instead.
It was a refreshing sub to Snodgrass who kept passing it into the opponents time after time.
Will be an interesting player to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Looked much better when Grealish came on. Playing him in behind Davis is a waste. He needs movement in front of him and players to link up with him.

He didn't play there though. He started there for the 5 minutes before half time, and I was quite excited.

Second half we'd gone back to 4-4-2 and O'Hare had been dumped on the wing.

On 5/11/2017 at 08:49, Skruff said:

I was impressed.  Rapid precise short passes. Pass and move, pass and move. Constantly making himself available for the ball,  always moving in to space.
Very positive player. Sadly whenever he seemed to initate somthing, his teammates chose the safe backwards pass instead.
It was a refreshing sub to Snodgrass who kept passing it into the opponents time after time.
Will be an interesting player to watch.

Same for me, offered himself a lot down our right hand side, but instead of sending him down the wing, Elmohamdy decided to lump it forward. It was really frustrating to watch

5 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Same for me, offered himself a lot down our right hand side, but instead of sending him down the wing, Elmohamdy decided to lump it forward. It was really frustrating to watch

Elmo did it to him time after time, if I was playing Sunday league and someone did that to me I'd be asking what their problem was...he showed down the wing at least a dozen times , and Elmo just cut in and tried a pass to Davies who lost it..time after time.

Felt sorry for the kid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â