Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...

Suprised he's not had a shout out yet for today's performance. 

I thought he looked excellent, inventive, good on the ball, bringing others into play.  Was utterly baffled when a) he was moved outside* which really restricted his involvement and b )  Was taken off when the woeful Onomah was left on. 

If we can get him and Jack in the team together and firing we could have the makings of a superb homegrown midfield for years to come. 

* This is EXACTLY what Bruce does with Jack when things aren't going well. He truly is an incompetent and I have never seen any positive effect of doing this but he just keeps doing it. 

If you don't think your central midfield isn't working, take them off and put a winger on idiot. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I thought he looked excellent, inventive, good on the ball, bringing others into play.  Was utterly baffled when he was moved outside* which really restricted his involvement.

I thought he played on the right throughout - he was wide right, Green wide left in the first half and in the second he was wide right and Bjarnason wide left.

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

* This is EXACTLY what Bruce does with Jack when things aren't going well. He truly is an incompetent and I have never seen any positive effect of doing this but he just keeps doing it.

Yes.

Stifles all creativity. Adds nothing positive.

State of the squad ffs. It's a dream team in this league, and just look at us. Look what we serve up.

Robins result an anomaly.

• Like 2

I thought it was a weird performance where he was sometimes playing great passes - especially one-twos in tight situations - and sometimes running into people and falling over. 

I don't think he's ready to be starting games regularly. 

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he played on the right throughout - he was wide right, Green wide left in the first half and in the second he was wide right and Bjarnason wide left.

Seemed to me he was playing more around the middle of the park most of the time until Lansbury came on. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I thought he looked excellent, inventive, good on the ball, bringing others into play.  Was utterly baffled when a) he was moved outside* which really restricted his involvement and b )  Was taken off when the woeful Onomah was left on. 

If we can get him and Jack in the team together and firing we could have the makings of a superb homegrown midfield for years to come. 

If you don't think your central midfield isn't working, take them off and put a winger on idiot. 

Agree with this, he felt to me the only one (apart from maybe RDL actually) who was trying to attack with any real purpose. Doesn’t always come off, but he looks so comfortable on the ball which is really unusual. Real shame (for him and the team) that he didn’t convert that chance Fromm Lansbury’s pass

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Agree. Had a good game despite the loss. Was him and RDL who did most of the creative work, they seem to have a good understanding and read each others quick passes.

Looked decent to me, dangerous on the ball, played some good one twos, and lost his man a good few times and got into some good positions.

Being out of the cup he could really do with going out now and playing real games, similar to how Jack did at Notts County, I think he would thrive. He is physically not there yet but he would stand out ability wise at a league 1 side.

Â