Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

21 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Should be at least on the bench but I would def consider starting him. Bruce ain't got the cojones tho. 

I think that is a bit unfair, Bruce has brought through Green & Davis. O'Hare has been on the fringes too. Imagine if this was Lambert - all three will probably be playing for Preston now! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I think that is a bit unfair, Bruce has brought through Green & Davis. O'Hare has been on the fringes too. Imagine if this was Lambert - all three will probably be playing for Preston now! 

Very true but O'Hare has played well every time he has had game time. He brings us something we don't currently have - the ability to play through the middle and breakdown defences. I am baffled he wasn't even on the bench on Sunday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Doing all the right things but still not getting a chance, might take an injury to someone for him to get a proper and well deserved run in the side (just like how Davis got his chance in the first place).

What happened for Davis to get in the side?

Just now, omariqy said:

We had no strikers as Hogan was a major doubt and just made the bench if I remember rightly. 

But he was given his debut by Bruce in his very first game against Spurs and played a few times last season, didn't he?

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But he was given his debut by Bruce in his very first game against Spurs and played a few times last season, didn't he?

Yup but he didn't get a run in the side until injuries occurred. Playing a random game with nothing to play for is different to starting a must win game as Norwich was. If Hogan was fit then we may not have seen Davis as much as we have done this season. A bit like Adomah. Bruce wanted to sell him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Yup but he didn't get a run in the side until injuries occurred. Playing a random game with nothing to play for is different to starting a must win game as Norwich was. If Hogan was fit then we may not have seen Davis as much as we have done this season. A bit like Adomah. Bruce wanted to sell him. 

So he was being blooded slowly, got to the top of the pecking order behind Hogan and took a chance when Hogan got injured.

Is this really a stick?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So he was being blooded slowly, got to the top of the pecking order behind Hogan and took a chance when Hogan got injured.

Is this really a stick?

If we were going well in the league then I would agree with you. There have been plenty of games where O'Hare could've made a difference. Having Bjarnnson on the bench instead of him shows you where Bruce's head is at. Safety first. 

• Like 2

Excellent to hear about his performance. Not expecting him to start league matches yet, but I’d like to see him being brought on in games when we’re not being played off the park and the pressure is off a bit. Try and ease him in.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

If we were going well in the league then I would agree with you. There have been plenty of games where O'Hare could've made a difference. Having Bjarnnson on the bench instead of him shows you where Bruce's head is at. Safety first. 

We are 6th the league, hardly doing badly.

O'Hare has been on the been on the bench a few times this season. We had Davis and Hogan on the bench against blues, 2 attacking options. Bjarnasson whilst no great shakes can cover most positions down the left or the middle. It makes sense to have that kind of player on the bench.

I'd love O'Hare to break through, but I see no problem not having him on the bench for a heated derby.

• Like 1

I actually think the of O Hare would be alongside Grealish as they'd both play each other well and link passes. However, to have them both in the team, you'd have to play a 4231, with Davis likely to be the front man to add a physical presence and hold the ball up. Whilst interesting to see, I think we'd lack a goal threat, whereas Hogan or Kodjia  would offer more of a goal threat, but not give the hold up play.

13 hours ago, rubberman said:

I'd like to see him get a start - Weds prob too soon, but Sat definitely.

We have Weds on Saturday, so maybe both.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meregreen said:

We really shouldn’t deny one of our own youngsters a start, in order to accommodate a Spurs loanee. Or a has been from Stoke.

This, We are potentially slowing the development of our own youth players for the progression of others. 

Â