Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

This attitude of lets slowly blood them in annoys me. Look at Spurs - they throw them in to important games. If they are good enough they are old enough. O'Hare has been one of our shining lights whenever he has been on the pitch. He should get a chance to show how good he really is. Look at Burke for Forest last year or Brooks for Sheff U last year or even our own Keinan Davis. Give them a chance to shine. If we don't go up then we will have to rely on these players going forward anyway. 

• Like 2

I could understand helping a spurs player progress over our own if he was having a real positive impact on the team. But is he? 

I hope onomah puts in a great performance tonight to justify keeping our own players down. 

He is a bit small.. i guess that may be the only reason Bruce hasnt played him more. Davis is a big lad and can hold his own against men. We dont know how he performs against men in training.. 

I still would at least prefer to see him on the bench than 2 full backs however..

When did callum get so apparently amazing he should be a starter? Ive seen some keen enthusiasm and thats about it from his brief appearances. Hope he does well and improves but he's a kid. Why should he be starting? What am I missing?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rodders said:

When did callum get so apparently amazing he should be a starter? Ive seen some keen enthusiasm and thats about it from his brief appearances. Hope he does well and improves but he's a kid. Why should he be starting? What am I missing?

That he has been the best player on the pitch every time he’s been allowed on? That he is performing consistently well for the U23s and has probably got all he can out of that level for his development? That our own player may be able to do the job of a Tottenham loanee if given the opportunity? That he could be given a place on the bench at least rather than a 3rd defender?

• Like 4

development of young players is tricky....I am trusting SB to manage him properly.

Its fairly early in the season and we are trying to establish ourselves and its physical right now

I have high hopes for the kid.....He has very quick feet and can play players in .....has a quick football brain, However he is diminutive in stature and it would be crazy to ruin him too early.The Neanderthals in this league will chop him down.

I am hoping he can make some cameo roles, when the conditions are right.

It follows that premiership scouts are starting to watch him.....otherwise we would all be wrong in our assessment.

He will be a valuable player for us, in due course.

Edited by TRO

On 11/1/2017 at 09:14, omariqy said:

This attitude of lets slowly blood them in annoys me. Look at Spurs - they throw them in to important games. If they are good enough they are old enough. O'Hare has been one of our shining lights whenever he has been on the pitch. He should get a chance to show how good he really is. Look at Burke for Forest last year or Brooks for Sheff U last year or even our own Keinan Davis. Give them a chance to shine. If we don't go up then we will have to rely on these players going forward anyway. 

yes but Spurs move the ball and run off the ball, not so easy to get physical with them.....there is a bit of truth in what you are suggesting.....I think Keinan is better equipped physically to the demands of this league, but I guess at some stage Callum does have to face those demands, but let him mature a little first.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, Rodders said:

Because Steve Bruce isn’t starting him - that’s why he should be starting.

Ignore anything reasonable like recent results, he should absolutely change the team to accommodate an unproven 19 year old. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He plays on the right or just off the striker - his route to the first team is currently blocked by Snodgrass and Onomah - they're both injured. 

I think it's fair to say we're about to find out whether the manager rates him.

Well he says he does.....but he could rate him at some things and have reservations about others at this stage of his development.

Its been a long hard road back from disintegrating in every game, i guess he is reluctant to let our bit of resilience dissipate by taking gambles.

Its his call.....I like the lad very much.....however i think his last game was Cardiff.?

Â