Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Apart from Davis and to an extent Green, I don't think any of our other verging first team youth breakers are ready for us yet.

I would loan all of them out.

Steer, Suliman, O'Hare, Doyle-Hayes etc.

If we make it back to the PL I think Green & Davis should also go out on short term loans too just to get them over the line so to speak.

Abilities at this level are way way different to those of Premier League standards and the gruelling demands that are required.

I may be wrong but it is how I currently see the situation with our promising youngsters.

They might all be in the first team if we don’t go up .

19 minutes ago, Eastie said:

They might all be in the first team if we don’t go up .

The list being the majority of our squad that will be left after contract expirys and loans ending will look something like:

Steer, Gollini

De Laet, Bree, Elmohammady, Chester, Elphick, SulimanGreen, Taylor.

Adomah, Thishbola, Lansbury, Jedinak, Whelen, Lyden, Grealish, O'Hare, Doyle-Hayes, Hourihane, Gardner, Bjarnasson, 

Hogan, McCormack, Davis

That is the squad we would be left with come June 2018 if we where promoted.

Unsure about Cissoko, Amavi, Gil arrangements.

Contrary to the last few posts, I think he is good enough for the first team and while I would personally rather he had gone on loan in January (and said so at the time), he didn't, presumably because he might be needed in the run-in. In which case, let's see him on the bench on Tuesday, especially if both Jack and Albert are out.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Contrary to the last few posts, I think he is good enough for the first team and while I would personally rather he had gone on loan in January (and said so at the time), he didn't, presumably because he might be needed in the run-in. In which case, let's see him on the bench on Tuesday, especially if both Jack and Albert are out.

Probably the best of the options to replace jack . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Probably the best of the options to replace jack . 

Look, I like the boy, i see so much potential from him......but when he getss a chance he has to take it.

There are so many, like him who are so close......you have to do it.

A 17 year old dumped us today..........us riddled with experienced players.

if they are good enough, they have to show it.

Just now, TRO said:

Look, I like the boy, i see so much potential from him......but when he getss a chance he has to take it.

There are so many, like him who are so close......you have to do it.

A 17 year old dumped us today..........us riddled with experienced players.

if they are good enough, they have to show it.

But he DID take his chance when he got it.....looked decent each time he played......showed more than Birkir, more than Josh.....yet has disappeared.

Its a two way thing the Manager has to be brave in selection where youth is concerned.

And you’ve mentioned a Fulham’s 17 year old twice but he is going to be a top top player, there’s plenty other young players playing regularly who are nowhere near as good. It made sense for O Hare to be kept out when we had enough creativity but surely he shoukd at least be on the bench, on merit ( as regards actual games....of course what is seen in training might be different).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

But he DID take his chance when he got it.....looked decent each time he played......showed more than Birkir, more than Josh.....yet has disappeared.

Its a two way thing the Manager has to be brave in selection where youth is concerned.

And you’ve mentioned a Fulham’s 17 year old twice but he is going to be a top top player, there’s plenty other young players playing regularly who are nowhere near as good. It made sense for O Hare to be kept out when we had enough creativity but surely he shoukd at least be on the bench, on merit ( as regards actual games....of course what is seen in training might be different).

I agree partly, the manager has to be brave......but equally the player has to force the managers hand.

I have mentioned a 17 year old Fulham player, because that is the level required.

We sometimes over exaggerate, what we have.

Jack was highly spoke of......but he was no where near, what he is now. These young players have to force their way in by top performances, not expect benevolence. a first team shirt is not a gift, it should be earned.

Its a ruthless business terry.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I agree partly, the manager has to be brave......but equally the player has to force the managers hand.

I have mentioned a 17 year old Fulham player, because that is the level required.

We sometimes over exaggerate, what we have.

Jack was highly spoke of......but he was no where near, what he is now. These young players have to force their way in by top performances, not expect benevolence. a first team shirt is not a gift, it should be earned.

Its a ruthless business terry.

1st Sentence - agree - but unless Bruce sees something in Birkir and Josh that we don’t it LOOKS like the Manager is trying to justify his players rather than try the kid.

2nd Sentence - I disagree, I don’t think that IS the level required, he will be playing for a Top 6 Club very soon.

3rd - Yes, we do, but pretty much everyone who has seen O Hare rates him, and he is without question a creative player, and we must play more than 1 or 2 if you count Hourihane.

4 - Agree but see 1 above

5 Agree.

• Like 3

These players playing in these positions and Jack will come under pressure, if its all kippers and curtains.......have to score.

If you are playing in offensive positions, you have to score goals.

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

1st Sentence - agree - but unless Bruce sees something in Birkir and Josh that we don’t it LOOKS like the Manager is trying to justify his players rather than try the kid.

2nd Sentence - I disagree, I don’t think that IS the level required, he will be playing for a Top 6 Club very soon.

3rd - Yes, we do, but pretty much everyone who has seen O Hare rates him, and he is without question a creative player, and we must play more than 1 or 2 if you count Hourihane.

4 - Agree but see 1 above

5 Agree.

2. I disagree too .....raise your standards.you might be right,he may be in the prem next season.......but good kids hurt the opposition.

We had Cowans, Little and Gidman.....and retained them all for a good spell.

We equally settled for average quality in Gabby......lets not go back to them days.

set your standards higher.

I think O'Hare is possibly the more creative between him and Onomah.

That said I wonder if Onomah is an AM? As I would of thought he is more a CM with the way he knocks it about.

From what I've seen this season I would say they are on a fairly even level when it comes to positive contribution.

Onomah having a lot more playing time and opportunity, and obviously mistakes.

It's unknown whether O'Hare would continue to show the bright sparks that he has, but I am also wanting to see him given further opportunity with Onomah out of form.

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I think O'Hare is possibly the more creative between him and Onomah.

That said I wonder if Onomah is an AM? As I would of thought he is more a CM with the way he knocks it about.

From what I've seen this season I would say they are on a fairly even level when it comes to positive contribution.

Onomah having a lot more playing time and opportunity, and obviously mistakes.

It's unknown whether O'Hare would continue to show the bright sparks that he has, but I am also wanting to see him given further opportunity with Onomah out of form.

Spurs fans in the main don’t think onamah is an attacking midfielder - o hare looks more comfortable and creative in that role.

Yeah what's up with this kid?

I thought he looked really promising in he games he played and from what I've read he's done well in the U23.

Obviously I'm not saying he should be relied on, but I'm a bit surprised he's not gotten even a look in with the injuries we've had/have.

From the outside playing him seem like a more sensible option than reshuffling players and shoehorning them in out of position, but obviously I've no idea what happens in training.

• Like 3

On 2/17/2018 at 11:33, AvfcRigo82 said:

Apart from Davis and to an extent Green, I don't think any of our other verging first team youth breakers are ready for us yet.

I would loan all of them out.

Steer, Suliman, O'Hare, Doyle-Hayes etc.

If we make it back to the PL I think Green & Davis should also go out on short term loans too just to get them over the line so to speak.

Abilities at this level are way way different to those of Premier League standards and the gruelling demands that are required.

I may be wrong but it is how I currently see the situation with our promising youngsters.

I don't think you are wrong, ability is great....but you have to resist challenges and win one on ones.

Â