The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

44 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wish someone would explain the mechanism by which we "kick out" footballers whom the club have been happily signing up to fat and lengthy contracts.

Don't think this has happened at other clubs so maybe Villa will break some new ground here as well as our Guinness Book of Records-breaking poor performance this season.

Not physically 'kick out'. As in, actively try to sell them. If they have a short contract left off a mutual termination. etc... etc... but you knew that anyway,

• Like 1

If the club say he is going - in advance of agreeing remis pay off - then he is in a strong position to get a better payout. Probably the club are banking on the fact that Remi wants out so are only offering a small pay off. With no game this weekend - both sides can play hardball - as the next game approaches - I don't think Remi will want to take charge.

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in fairness I wouldnt be against physically kicking them out

Verbal warning for Liverpool, written warning for Stoke, sacked for Man City.  Anyone that played in all three can be sacked for under performing without pay.

• Like 1

we all know how this will pan out:

March 25th - no news

March 31st - no news

April 7th - no news

April 16th - 1:00pm - some random team somewhere announces Moyes as new manager

April 16th - 5:45pm - Aston and Remi agree to 'amicable' split, Villa announce they are now actively looking for a proven gritty ginger Scottish Manager

September 4th - meltdown r7.0 as McLeish announces a chance to finish unfinished business

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

we all know how this will pan out:

March 25th - no news

March 31st - no news

April 7th - no news

April 16th - 1:00pm - some random team somewhere announces Moyes as new manager

April 16th - 5:45pm - Aston and Remi agree to 'amicable' split, Villa announce they are now actively looking for a proven gritty ginger Scottish Manager

September 4th - meltdown r7.0 as McLeish announces a chance to finish unfinished business

Nailed it. 

...and to be fair, hiring a manager with premier league experience with 2 Birmingham based clubs shouldn't be overlooked!

Edited by Genie

If the club say he is going - in advance of agreeing remis pay off - then he is in a strong position to get a better payout. Probably the club are banking on the fact that Remi wants out so are only offering a small pay off. With no game this weekend - both sides can play hardball - as the next game approaches - I don't think Remi will want to take charge.

I think your bang on there. I too believe he wants out and the club are using this as their bargaining tool and he's probably thinking if I walk I get f@*k all but if you sack me I get 3 yrs salary. Can't blame him really, the French are stubborn.

38 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Verbal warning for Liverpool, written warning for Stoke, sacked for Man City.  Anyone that played in all three can be sacked for under performing without pay.

Funny how that's true for any job apart from the Football game. Should be implemented.

10 minutes ago, gaz711 said:

I think your bang on there. I too believe he wants out and the club are using this as their bargaining tool and he's probably thinking if I walk I get f@*k all but if you sack me I get 3 yrs salary. Can't blame him really, the French are stubborn.

I don't think any managers get their salaries paid up in full any more. The payoff terms will be in his contract that he signed with all the various scenarios. (I.e failure to keep villa up).

9 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Funny how that's true for any job apart from the Football game. Should be implemented.

Erm no it shouldn't as it's a two way street. Players could turn around and say actually I want to leave here is my notice and the club wouldn't get a penny. Football would collapse in on it itself. 

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Surely if he's staying the club need to make some sort of statement. 

They should have made one days ago, when it was all over the press. Either they're still wrangling over the details, and he's on his way out, or, despite the new board, our club is absolutely shocking at PR.

As long as we get the right guy in I'm not really fuzzed if it's today, tomorrow or in the summer.

This season is a lost cause, and hopefully not many of the current players will be here next season.

Bringing in someone at this point might be good, but it might just as likely do more harm than good.

Club is toxic at the moment.

27 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Presumably the "wood" here is the unsubstantiated idea - the dream for which we have no evidence to date - of Garde being a good manager.

And the "trees" is the miserable ineffectual losing football we have to watch each week.

nope.

Â