The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Well, it's Thursday. I reckon he's staying now.

All I can assume is that Garde has outlined his plan for the summer (Kick out the lazy wasters and guys who just aren't good enough, buy in some experienced hard workers and some young guys with bags of energy and a willingness to learn) and the board are on the same wave length.

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Well, it's Thursday. I reckon he's staying now.

All I can assume is that Garde has outlined his plan for the summer (Kick out the lazy wasters and guys who just aren't good enough, buy in some experienced hard workers and some young guys with bags of energy and a willingness to learn) and the board are on the same wave length.

Yep, looks like he is trying to get higher up on the list of 10 worst managers in Premier league history.

The papers have certainly gone quiet on this in the last 48 hours which is a bit curious

At least with the McClaren/Rafa situation it was consistently in the media for the entire week... its all a bit weird.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Les Reed will never be topped.

Ironically now does for Southampton what Hendrik Almstad was supposed to do here except he's actually competent. He's given much of the credit for putting them where they are today....

I was listening to 5 Live last night and they had a piece on Aston Villa, including interviews with Gary Shaw and Brian Little.

Pat Murphy said something along the lines of "the big decision needed here is making sure that the new manager is the correct appointment".  I thought Garde had been sacked!

In any case, it seems likely that he'll be going.  There could be finalisations with Lyon regarding financial agreements etc. who knows - there's not this much smoke without fire, though.

The latest 5 Live Football Daily podcast is about Villa. "In depth" apparently.

I've not listened to it (or indeed any previous episodes of that podcast) yet, but might be interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3507634/Remi-Garde-taking-Aston-Villa-training-exit-talks-continue-club-planning-Championship-life.html

Remi Garde took training for a second day this week on Wednesday but was again locked in negotiations over his departure from Aston Villa

The Frenchman was at Bodymoor Heath and is due back on Thursday as discussions over compensation continue – but players have the weekend off and the end could come then.

Villa realise next season in the Championship is best suited with a different man at the helm and Garde has given indications he wants out in any case.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Kick out the lazy wasters and guys who just aren't good enough, 

Wish someone would explain the mechanism by which we "kick out" footballers whom the club have been happily signing up to fat and lengthy contracts.

Don't think this has happened at other clubs so maybe Villa will break some new ground here as well as our Guinness Book of Records-breaking poor performance this season.

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

surely if he is locked in negotiations then he should be far away from training as possible

yeah, imagine all the awful spiteful things he will be training into the poor players.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

yeah, imagine all the awful spiteful things he will be training into the poor players.

While I would like Remi to stay, I am not unaware about his inability to get this particular group of players motivated.   So, among the awful spiteful things he will do, none of them are likely to include making them run or put intense effort into anything.

Why would you have a manager near the squad if its clear he isnt wanted by the club or he doesnt want to be there. Just doesnt make sense from media or the club

Edited by Zatman

Â