The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

On the phone so could not do the link properly. Astonishing stuff from The Telegragh though. Our head of European scouting lives in Australia. Our portuguese and la liga scout is a journalism student and Remi wad told players did not want to come only to find out they were never contacted etc.

Absolutely furious after reading that.

There are no quotes or named sources, so on another topic, or at another time, I'd assume it was a load of bollocks. With this **** circus of a football club, however, it seems possible, even likely.

A European scout that's emigrated to Australia. Only at Aston Villa, **** hell.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On the phone so could not do the link properly. Astonishing stuff from The Telegragh though. Our head of European scouting lives in Australia. Our portuguese and la liga scout is a journalism student and Remi wad told players did not want to come only to find out they were never contacted etc.

Just read that article. I feel sorry for Garde, he didn't have a chance. This club is as rotten as can be.

Staggering article.

Our inflated wage bill dosen't just include the players, all these jokers are getting a little slice of the pie aswell.

I think a big problem really is a lack of professionalism at the club and people wanting to fight and battle for this club, we don't see it on the pitch and looks like it's the same outside if we're just cutting corners and giving jobs out to unqualified people who aren't exactly dedicated to the requirements of the job.

Very very disappointing, let's hope Bernstein can get a hold of this and appoint some qualified football people over the summer.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sport   Football
Aston Villa ready to part company with Remi Garde

Unhappy: Rémi Garde has told Villa he sees no future for himself as manager of the club    CREDIT: EPA
 John Percy
26 MARCH 2016 • 10:30PM
Aston Villa will continue talks with Rémi Garde over his departure this week and are also ready to dismiss Paddy Riley, head of recruitment at the Premier League’s bottom club.

Garde has informed Villa’s board he sees no future as the club’s manager and, despite a deadlock in negotiations, further discussions will be held with director David Bernstein in the next few days.

Villa’s new-look board, headed by chairman Steve Hollis and Bernstein, are preparing to dismiss Garde after a dreadful run of results, while the Frenchman has also made it clear he wants to move on.

Garde’s contract has more than three years to run but Villa are reluctant to pay hefty compensation, resulting in an impasse which both parties are keen to resolve before Saturday’s league game against Chelsea.

The stand-off is understood to be further damaging morale at Villa’s Bodymoor Heath training ground, with sources describing the atmosphere last week as “dead”. Garde believes he has been betrayed by the club after they failed to back him in the January transfer window and regards his position as untenable. He has only secured two league wins since his appointment in November and the defeat at Swansea last Saturday was his 12th in charge.

Garde will likely lose his job this week
Bernstein is also turning his attention to Riley and The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that the former Manchester City chairman has been staggered by the findings from his investigation into the club’s season. As a result, Riley is on the brink of joining chief executive Tom Fox and Hendrik Almstadt, the sporting director, as the latest high-profile casualty.

Riley is responsible for organising and appointing Villa’s scouting network and it is alleged that head European scout Jon Bickers, whose main focus is players in the Bundesliga, has emigrated to Australia. Simon Ward, the regional scouting manager, is studying journalism at university although his remit is to watch players in La Liga and Portugal.

Bernstein has also been stunned to discover that other senior staff have no experience of professional football, with the only exception said to be goalkeeping scout Tony Coton, who was appointed by Garde’s predecessor Tim Sherwood.

Garde has struggled since day one in the job
Garde’s relationship with Riley has completely broken down and the pair are barely on speaking terms. It is also alleged that Garde was told January targets did not want to move to Villa – only for Garde then to speak to the players directly and discover they had never been contacted.

Bernstein has admitted changes are necessary as the club prepare for inevitable relegation to the Championship.

“I think up to now there’s been a surprising lack of football expertise at board level,” he said. “It will be for us to look at the structures we’ve got here and just get things into shape. Like with any organisation, we need to look at the whole thing from top to bottom in terms of personnel.

“We’ve got to get a bit of a move on because we’ve got this period until the end of the season, we’ve got the close season, we don’t want to leave any of these things or decisions late.”

Staggering.....simply staggering.

So easy to understand why Garde wants to leave.  But,  why the need to sack him?  IF, IF, the latest piece from the Telegraph is correct,  surely Garde has been provided with no effing chance of succeeding?? 

2 minutes ago, Hughes said:

So easy to understand why Garde wants to leave.  But,  why the need to sack him?  IF, IF, the latest piece from the Telegraph is correct,  surely Garde has been provided with no effing chance of succeeding?? 

He dosen't want to be here anymore, let him go.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He dosen't want to be here anymore, let him go.

Chris,  that's fine and I agree..but why is the media branding this as Garde getting the sack? I know, they love a "story" but a bigger story, surely, would be if a PL manager actually did not want to continue because his club was that crap that he just wanted to GTFO. Anyway, perhaps the absolute most negative thing is that the club seems to have really shafted him. 

Absolutely disgraceful, I swear if I see Tom Fox in the street I will knock his block off if all these allergations are true. Thank god for Bernstein, this guy is saving this club from those absolute clowns we had 

We are a shambles. The more I hear the less I blame Sherwood for our summer mess. 

Things are so bad we just need a fresh start in the summer. Literally remove as many people as possible. Garde may well prove to be a good manager but I just don't see how he can succeed at this club at this time. 

We are rotten at the top, and there are too many parasites in the squad. We need to fix these things first before we can consider destroying another manager. No manager with any pride or self respect would want to come here unless these things are fixed. Being the manager of Villa truly is a poisoned chalice. If you sup from this chalice, the liquid within will cause defecation of self respect, pride, confidence, past successes with former clubs, until all that is left is a hollow of a man and a pile of shit that follows that man's name wherever he goes. Garde was set up for failure.

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sport   Football
Aston Villa ready to part company with Remi Garde

Unhappy: Rémi Garde has told Villa he sees no future for himself as manager of the club    CREDIT: EPA
 John Percy
26 MARCH 2016 • 10:30PM
Aston Villa will continue talks with Rémi Garde over his departure this week and are also ready to dismiss Paddy Riley, head of recruitment at the Premier League’s bottom club.

Garde has informed Villa’s board he sees no future as the club’s manager and, despite a deadlock in negotiations, further discussions will be held with director David Bernstein in the next few days.

Villa’s new-look board, headed by chairman Steve Hollis and Bernstein, are preparing to dismiss Garde after a dreadful run of results, while the Frenchman has also made it clear he wants to move on.

Garde’s contract has more than three years to run but Villa are reluctant to pay hefty compensation, resulting in an impasse which both parties are keen to resolve before Saturday’s league game against Chelsea.

The stand-off is understood to be further damaging morale at Villa’s Bodymoor Heath training ground, with sources describing the atmosphere last week as “dead”. Garde believes he has been betrayed by the club after they failed to back him in the January transfer window and regards his position as untenable. He has only secured two league wins since his appointment in November and the defeat at Swansea last Saturday was his 12th in charge.

Garde will likely lose his job this week
Bernstein is also turning his attention to Riley and The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that the former Manchester City chairman has been staggered by the findings from his investigation into the club’s season. As a result, Riley is on the brink of joining chief executive Tom Fox and Hendrik Almstadt, the sporting director, as the latest high-profile casualty.

Riley is responsible for organising and appointing Villa’s scouting network and it is alleged that head European scout Jon Bickers, whose main focus is players in the Bundesliga, has emigrated to Australia. Simon Ward, the regional scouting manager, is studying journalism at university although his remit is to watch players in La Liga and Portugal.

Bernstein has also been stunned to discover that other senior staff have no experience of professional football, with the only exception said to be goalkeeping scout Tony Coton, who was appointed by Garde’s predecessor Tim Sherwood.

Garde has struggled since day one in the job
Garde’s relationship with Riley has completely broken down and the pair are barely on speaking terms. It is also alleged that Garde was told January targets did not want to move to Villa – only for Garde then to speak to the players directly and discover they had never been contacted.

Bernstein has admitted changes are necessary as the club prepare for inevitable relegation to the Championship.

“I think up to now there’s been a surprising lack of football expertise at board level,” he said. “It will be for us to look at the structures we’ve got here and just get things into shape. Like with any organisation, we need to look at the whole thing from top to bottom in terms of personnel.

“We’ve got to get a bit of a move on because we’ve got this period until the end of the season, we’ve got the close season, we don’t want to leave any of these things or decisions late.”

I am jack's complete lack of surprise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bose said:

Just read that article. I feel sorry for Garde, he didn't have a chance. This club is as rotten as can be.

why? he has a nice cushy contract and could have said no to the deal. I have no sympathy for him

• Like 1

This was the bit that bothered me the most. What have the club been doing, and on whose authority were they feeding misinformation to Garde?

If he doesn't want to be here, and Villa want to get a replacement in sharpish, can't we put Garde on gardening leave whilst we sort out the compensation package? 

19 minutes ago, dubbs said:

If he doesn't want to be here, and Villa want to get a replacement in sharpish, can't we put Garde on gardening leave whilst we sort out the compensation package? 

Maybe we don't want a replacement this season. Can't see anyone wanting to take it with relegation about to be confirmed, Kevin McDonald until end of season maybe. Once it's confirmed I would imagine interest will be generated. Nobody wants relegation on their CV and taking the job now will associate them with it.

45 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Maybe we don't want a replacement this season. Can't see anyone wanting to take it with relegation about to be confirmed, Kevin McDonald until end of season maybe. Once it's confirmed I would imagine interest will be generated. Nobody wants relegation on their CV and taking the job now will associate them with it.

Fair point, I was just thinking the way the new board have been working so far, I'd expect them to make an appointment sooner rather than later. Yes there's a guaranteed relegation on the CV but also a chance to prepare for next season now. 

• Like 1

Â