The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

“I think up to now there’s been a surprising lack of football expertise at board level,” he said.

This is the most important quote in that article. Yes, Paddy Riley and his "scouts" should get the sack. Yes, Remi Garde has been shafted. Yes, we have more clowns in the club than the bloody circus.

The admission of the "lack of football expertise" is an obvious one, but still a good first step in turning things around at the club. There are, however,  3 key words in that quote that gives me hope that it might actually happen:

"up to now"

Sort it out, David! :thumb:

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Garde’s relationship with Riley has completely broken down and the pair are barely on speaking terms. It is also alleged that Garde was told January targets did not want to move to Villa – only for Garde then to speak to the players directly and discover they had never been contacted.

This was the bit that bothered me the most. What have the club been doing, and on whose authority were they feeding misinformation to Garde?

Exactly, if there was no money or they had just decided to run with what they had it was easy to say it straight despite the reality of what that meant, but the pretence and deviance is unforgivable. Maybe that was Almstadts doing and that's why he was sacked, but is Riley involved too? It has the smell of politics and back stabbing.

Gardes relationship with the players and the club is so poisoned he has no choice now. It's a shame we can't just sack the players too.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Fair point, I was just thinking the way the new board have been working so far, I'd expect them to make an appointment sooner rather than later. Yes there's a guaranteed relegation on the CV but also a chance to prepare for next season now. 

Sure. I hear you and I agree with what you say but I'd imagine those looking from outside the club that want this job will most likely wait until the summer.

Can't see what the rush is to get rid of him simply for the sake of it is.

I have no wish to once again have K Mac managing the team.

He will be here until we have the best financial situation to let him go, and until we have everything sorted with his replacement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I agree. I want the witch-hunt for the next manager to start as soon as possible.

Although I agree that Garde has had a raw deal managing this club he is not completely without blame for some of the piss poor performances since he took over. I certainly don't agree that there is some sort of witch-hunt for the current manager going on though. Apologies if I've misinterpreted you're post but people are always going to differ on why we are in the shit this season. Personally I believe that it comes from the top with Lerner all the way down to the players. We are starting to get rid of the easiest roles to change (Almstadt, Fox, Riley hopefully too) and fingers crossed we can clear out a large majority of the squad in the summer, but I also think that we need a new manager for a completely fresh start. It's a shame because Garde could be good building us from the ground up in the Championship but he's had such a torrid time whilst he's been here, and if rumours of him admitting he wants out are true, we have to replace him and move on ASAP.

If we brought in a respected experienced manager like Moyes I do think he will be given more time by the fans to sort out this mess of a club, especially now that we seem to have a board with half a clue about how to run a football club.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Although I agree that Garde has had a raw deal managing this club he is not completely without blame for some of the piss poor performances since he took over. I certainly don't agree that there is some sort of witch-hunt for the current manager going on though. Apologies if I've misinterpreted you're post but people are always going to differ on why we are in the shit this season. Personally I believe that it comes from the top with Lerner all the way down to the players. We are starting to get rid of the easiest roles to change (Almstadt, Fox, Riley hopefully too) and fingers crossed we can clear out a large majority of the squad in the summer, but I also think that we need a new manager for a completely fresh start. It's a shame because Garde could be good building us from the ground up in the Championship but he's had such a torrid time whilst he's been here, and if rumours of him admitting he wants out are true, we have to replace him and move on ASAP.

If we brought in a respected experienced manager like Moyes I do think he will be given more time by the fans to sort out this mess of a club, especially now that we seem to have a board with half a clue about how to run a football club.

Of course he's not blameless but unless things change at the top the next manager (whoever he is) will fail just like the people before Garde did.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Of he's not blameless but unless things change at the top the next manager (whoever he is) will fail just like the people before Garde did.

Yup

Things also has to change in the dressing room as Imo it's pretty clear that some of the players have a lousy attitude.

The next manager should not have to put his energy at handling spoiled, lazy egos. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

An honourable man who has been dealt with absolutely disgracefully.

Garde wanted a CH, who moved to SLand and looked good last week, a defensive midfielder, a RB, and after seeing Richards and Hutton recently you can see why, and a goalscorer, can't believe we were not after Afobe.He has been shafted, and we should just pay him as an honourable acceptance of our treatment of him.

I hoped he would stay, but i don't blame him for wanting to leave.Best wishes Remi, i think we have missed a good one tbh.

Garde wanted to sign Sane and not Kone, he was wanted by Sunderland way before the window opened

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

An honourable man who has been dealt with absolutely disgracefully.

Garde wanted a CH, who moved to SLand and looked good last week, a defensive midfielder, a RB, and after seeing Richards and Hutton recently you can see why, and a goalscorer, can't believe we were not after Afobe.He has been shafted, and we should just pay him as an honourable acceptance of our treatment of him.

I hoped he would stay, but i don't blame him for wanting to leave.Best wishes Remi, i think we have missed a good one tbh.

I don't, as nice a guy as he is, I think we bought a lemon to be honest. If we can really get David Moyes in then this would be an absolutely fantastic maneuver. 

I think if we have a new manager in mind, we should be talking to him now. If we're sacking Garde, then we should be putting Macdonald and Cowans in place until the end of the season and announcing the new man the second it ends - there's really nothing to be gained by throwing a new manager into this crapstorm for six more defeats. If we do, it'll make his job much harder in the summer and put the pressure on before he's had a chance to do a thing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Of course he's not blameless but unless things change at the top the next manager (whoever he is) will fail just like the people before Garde did.

Have you not been aware of the recent board appointments......they recognise what you do.....and are trying to reverse it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

I agree. I want the witch-hunt for the next manager to start as soon as possible.

I find this ridiculous. Sherwood, Lambert and Mcleish all deserved to go when they did. And now so does Garde. This notion that some fans will keep hounding out the manager for no reason is just plain stupid and has no basis for even going on about it. 

I yielded to the fact Tim Sherwood had to go.

I am yielding to the fact that Remi has to go too.....for much the same results.

irrespective of the the repercussions, if you take a job and its untenable, you have to say so or you will be branded as part of the problem.

I can understand the reasoning why managers don't say anything, but thats because they want the maximum severance pay.

sorry guys ( to the managers) you can't have your cake and eat it.

my suspicion why they take the money and keep schtum....apart from the obvious.....they don't give a **** about aston villa.

Edited by TRO

Â