The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

18 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So how exactly are we going to suddenly find a way to "get rid" of players of limited ability on lovely fat contracts?

Hopefully a relegation clause or two will (ahem) encourage certain individuals that their invaluable premier league nous and experience will be better served elsewhere...

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Well we've been trying to "get rid" of dead wood for the past 5 years, hampered immensely by the fact that the club keeps buying more and more to add to the pile.

So how exactly are we going to suddenly find a way to "get rid" of players of limited ability on lovely fat contracts and where is the vast amount of money going to come from to rebuild the squad?

This sounds like pie in the sky to me.

We need a manager who can make more of our existing resources than our present chap has done.

The biggest mistake SH MK DB & BL could make would be to think we can "go again" with what weve got, giving Gaby, Guzan, Bunn, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Richardson, Westwood, Sanchez, Sinclair, Bacuna & Kozak a chance to prove how shit they can be in the Championship.

• Like 2

The Press know absolutely F***all. They are guessing to cover their bases.

Hollis & King are schooled in absolutey secrecy.

Bernstein as an ex-chairman/FA employee know exactly how to give interviews without giving anything away.

Brian is "too Villa" and as an ex-manager know what not to say.

The Vultures/Leeches/Scumbags know F***all.

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Well we've been trying to "get rid" of dead wood for the past 5 years, hampered immensely by the fact that the club keeps buying more and more to add to the pile.

So how exactly are we going to suddenly find a way to "get rid" of players of limited ability on lovely fat contracts and where is the vast amount of money going to come from to rebuild the squad?

This sounds like pie in the sky to me.

We need a manager who can make more of our existing resources than our present chap has done.

That's an odd solution. We've clearly got an issue with bad influences in the dressing room. The solution to that is not appeasement but rather to try and get rid of as many as we can. If the manager (whoever that is) just accepts it and tries to get the best out of them that will only perpetuate the cycle.

17 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

The biggest mistake SH MK DB & BL could make would be to think we can "go again" with what weve got, giving Gaby, Guzan, Bunn, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Richardson, Westwood, Sanchez, Sinclair, Bacuna & Kozak a chance to prove how shit they can be in the Championship.

Yes, but I'm talking about the real world and not the lah-lah land that is being invented by some on this thread. The players most likely to leave are the better ones and the ones most likely to stay are the ones who have been given contracts beyond their market value.

It just won't happen that a magic wand will be waved and Remi Garde (or anyone else for that matter) will be able to "get rid" of any players they don't fancy and restock the squad with their own choices.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Yes, but I'm talking about the real world and not the lah-lah land that is being invented by some on this thread. The players most likely to leave are the better ones and the ones most likely to stay are the ones who have been given contracts beyond their market value.

It just won't happen that a magic wand will be waved and Remi Garde (or anyone else for that matter) will be able to "get rid" of any players they don't fancy and restock the squad with their own choices.

Check!

But I have the feeling (and hope) that Hollis realises what must be done to stop the rot, reasoned by Bernstein & Littles football experience.

If he thinks its" now or never" he may just go the extra miles to either sell or motivate the bad eggs out the squad (pay-off or bomb-squad MKii)

For example Not giving Gaby a squad nr, not including him in "25" and a play pen named N'Zombnia with a Fridge full of Beer & frozen Pies plus a microwave, will keep him happy till he fails the "bodyFat test".

Who knows, Garde may not even have to show the rest of the Rats the way there, they'll just follow the Pies & Beer Fart-odour eminating from Gaby's shorts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Most likely another case of "mutual agreement".

It's doing Garde no favours for him to stay at Villa.

One would think there was a mutual termination clause if we were relegated, and likewise a healthy bonus should he keep us up?

10 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Its already been mentioned, Hollis and the dear departed Fox believed we are to good for the Championship. Hopefully Bernstein and Little will bring Hollis back to earth, though I don't think they will be spending much to change the squad.

I would say the plan is to get this squad playing to there full potential in the fizzy pop league. Good luck with that.

The ability of us to get out of the championship will be much more dependant on how we're run than who is manager, imo.

If we conduct our business well in the summer, I'd even say Sherwood could get us promoted as we SHOULD have a strong squad.

But knowing us, we'll buy shite players and be **** before a ball is kicked.

• Like 2

Â