The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

The way the media were reporting it it seemed as if they'd been briefed by the club that he was going to be sacked. Very odd.

It did not seem like that to me. It seemed to me that one paper just made it up and the rest copied it.

4 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Anyway..... Remi Garde. Nailed on to be out of the job by Tuesday evening. What on earth is going on?

I wonder whether the potential manager(s) we may have sounded out are unwilling to come to us or unwilling to join us until this season is over?

If Remi is not a dead man walking I would have expected the club to have given him the dreaded vote of confidence by now to end the speculation for a week or two at least.      

I wonder whether the potential manager(s) we may have sounded out are unwilling to come to us or unwilling to join us until this season is over?

If Remi is not a dead man walking I would have expected the club to have given him the dreaded vote of confidence by now to end the speculation for a week or two at least.      

Hence why I believe this is just pure speculation. If you listen to the words from David Bernstein and Brian little they speak very highly of Remi Garde, hardly a case of a dead man walking. I think he is here for the long term as Steve hollis stated in his interview that this club lacked stability and one are he pointed to was managerial changes. That makes me think they won't be so rash to change this time given the circumstance Remi took over. And maybe just maybe give him a chance to get rid of who he thinks is dead wood and re build.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gaz711 said:

give him a chance to get rid of who he thinks is dead wood and re build.

Well we've been trying to "get rid" of dead wood for the past 5 years, hampered immensely by the fact that the club keeps buying more and more to add to the pile.

So how exactly are we going to suddenly find a way to "get rid" of players of limited ability on lovely fat contracts and where is the vast amount of money going to come from to rebuild the squad?

This sounds like pie in the sky to me.

We need a manager who can make more of our existing resources than our present chap has done.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Jesus!

I know it's Easter, but no need to crucify the poor guy.

Well, as he's the manager, it's his cross to bear...

• Like 1

Well we've been trying to "get rid" of dead wood for the past 5 years, hampered immensely by the fact that the club keeps buying more and more to add to the pile.

So how exactly are we going to suddenly find a way to "get rid" of players of limited ability on lovely fat contracts and where is the vast amount of money going to come from to rebuild the squad?

This sounds like pie in the sky to me.

We need a manager who can make more of our existing resources than our present chap has done.

Tbh, as is the case with most groups of young men, you only need to get rid of the worst 1 or 2 and the rest will fall in line. Replace Gabby and Lescott with Barry and Nolan type characters and you'd probably see a huge improvement in overall squad attitude.

• Like 1

Â