The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Pat Murphy is adamant that Garde's gone. Just working out compensation (according to the 5 Live Podcast, which was very interesting)

I look forward to us concluding in May that the new manager is the new worst manager to ever manage the club.

I hope Remi is raping Randy for all he's worth.

33 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Even if it means even less for us to spend on patching up our shambles of a squad?

It would sum us up if we ended up paying off Remi with more money than it would have cost to get some sort of striker in January to help him out, having stabilised our form a bit during the window.

4 hours ago, a m ole said:

because there is still no way for any manager to prove that they are a good manager under the circumstances provided at Aston Villa. To only see the 'win percentage' and decide he is the worst manager ever is at least short sighted, at worst, stupid.

the win percentage? Ive seen all the games except City away with my own eyes and they have been dreadful. Has got to the stage I just laugh when we play its that bad

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sure if I did a shit job I be told to get out the door without any pay-off. doesnt deserve a thing since he is getting paid a small fortune to babysit these players

And the awful players probably get paid even more. The whole state of football is terrible, once the contract is signed they get the money no matter what. It's no motivation for trying whatsoever.

On 25/03/2016 at 13:27, Zatman said:

sure if I did a shit job I be told to get out the door without any pay-off. 

Would you?

That would be unusual, and possibly illegal, for a permanent employee.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

sure if I did a shit job I be told to get out the door without any pay-off. doesnt deserve a thing since he is getting paid a small fortune to babysit these players

if you don't mind, what do you do for a living?

We need to follow the correct dismissal procedure. I suspect he's being a verbal warning and now is probably on a final written for performance related inadequacies.

When dismissed he will be entitled to 2 weeks pay from the dismissal date.  

Edited by supernova26

24 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

We need to follow the correct dismissal procedure. I suspect he's being a verbal warning and now is probably on a final written for performance related inadequacies.

When dismissed he will be entitled to 2 weeks pay from the dismissal date.  

Not sure if serious.

Football managers aren't permanent employees though. I guess they're just temps, in a way.

If we want rid of Remi, we should just do what my work does to temps, and accuse him of smearing shit on the toilet walls and terminate his contract with immediate effect.

(Some elements of the above sentence may or may not be true)

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well still no news. Can we assume our highly professional friends in the press are full of sh!t and just make stuff up? 

it's more like the club don't want to pay up to sack him, and garde doesn't want to leave without the compensation he is due so they are haggling over the money

you have to wonder why a "in the event of relegation you can leave with a more minimal payoff" clause in the contract

1) The press know nothing

2) Hollis has said that DB BL & RG are in talks

3) Moyes, Bruce......etc is the press second guessing

4) Hollis & Bernstein will NOT leak anything

5) RG will NOT leak anything

6) RL will NOT leak anything

7) Krulak may drop something out of idiocy

8) THE PRESS KNOW NOTHING

Now look at it from Moyes point of view

IF you had the choice of Toon or Villa, who would you choose?

BUT

Benitez may just keep them up

Toon saty up Benitez stays

Toon go down Benitez goes

Moyes will in NO WAY commit till he knows who is up or down.

We are an absolute mess.

Now the big one.

AVFC are so F****d up we can be thankful if ANYONE with the remotest clue about being a manager would do the job. WE REALLY ARE THAT SHITE.

If ONE could see inside the crystal ball and could find out WHO would say YES to Villa and WHO would say NO, Then maybe, just maybe, ONE would be begging RG to stay and honour his contract.

Hollis would be returning the application letters from Warnock, Redknap, Basset, Fry & Holloway. Thanx but no Thanx

We can.

Mmm I think he's (unfortunately) going quite soon. There's been too much smoke for there to be no fire.

Especially because Percy of the Telegraph broke the story, the same journo who our beloved captain went to for a puff piece after "pocket tweet gate"

Well he's been given **** all from the club from a footballing perspective so who can blame him if he wants to get everything he can financially on his way out

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Â