The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Almost as lame as Lamebert or Lamberk. Got to think up these witty names have you for people who don't hate Garde? Little self congratulatory gleeful grubbiness these last few posts. Word removed's.

• Like 1

No manager with any ambition, or sense, will join us unless Lerner sells up. We will will end up with either another deluded chancer or a second rate manager happy to take the money and have a high profile job for a bit. 

We could well be doing this 6-9 months down the line with another manager unless the fundamentals of this football club change. And Hollis, King, Bernstein and Little need to be working overtime to help do this. Good luck to them, and to the Villa manager, whoever they will be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uppernorthstander said:

Yes a very nice man indeed.

but while we are safe in knowledge that a least we won't lose this weekend...... The thing that would really make my Easter would be hearing the board utter those words....

"we would like to thank Remi for all his hard work but we feel this club needs a change" 

Yeah, because all these managerial changes over the past few seasons have really done us the world of good.

4 hours ago, a m ole said:

us Gardashians can't be arsed anymore. Bored trying to present the wood in a way that it can be seen in spite of the trees.

because their is still no actual way to prove that he is a good manager or has done a good job here

Pat Murphy is adamant that Garde's gone. Just working out compensation (according to the 5 Live Podcast, which was very interesting)

I look forward to us concluding in May that the new manager is the new worst manager to ever manage the club.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

because their is still no actual way to prove that he is a good manager or has done a good job here

because there is still no way for any manager to prove that they are a good manager under the circumstances provided at Aston Villa. To only see the 'win percentage' and decide he is the worst manager ever is at least short sighted, at worst, stupid.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

a mole and I aren't saying he hasn't made a mess of it. I'm certainly not. Mess is a bit strong, but I don't think garde has done particularly well.

The point is there are bigger problems, and if we bring a new manager in for the last 7 games they'll probably still finish the season with half a dozen losses and people will still be saying in May that he's a terrible manager, despite the obvious problems he'll have had.

• Like 2

With the current squad of players, any new manager has a difficult time already but, even if he was to oversee an end of season that saw us take 15 points and still go down, there would be people dismissing it as new manager bounce. 

I can't wait for next season to start. 

I think many people can see the wider problems at the club but likewise can also see a manager (Garde) not performing well enough in his job even taking these factors into account.

If a new manager comes in, yes, there is a fair chance he'll struggle in the remaining games.

However, it could also be argued it would give them time to look at the players, we might get a lift going into the new season if we got some positive results and arguably more importantly it might give the whole club a lift.  

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I disagree. Admittedly it is a very challenging job but Garde has made a mess of it

I'd argue villa have made a mess of garde! We could be losing a very good manager in garde...we just don't know.

• Like 2

Just now, RimmyJimmer said:

I'd argue villa have made a mess of garde! We could be losing a very good manager in garde...we just don't know.

It is possible but maybe he is a very good manager under different circumstances and a different club.

We need someone able to get us up from the Championship and little I have seen from him so far suggests he is the man able to do that.

7 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

However, it could also be argued it would give them time to look at the players, we might get a lift going into the new season if we got some positive results and arguably more importantly it might give the whole club a lift.  

Nobody is disputing that.

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

No manager with any ambition, or sense, will join us unless Lerner sells up. We will will end up with either another deluded chancer or a second rate manager happy to take the money and have a high profile job for a bit. 

We could well be doing this 6-9 months down the line with another manager unless the fundamentals of this football club change. And Hollis, King, Bernstein and Little need to be working overtime to help do this. Good luck to them, and to the Villa manager, whoever they will be.

You're not much fun :D

7 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

It is possible but maybe he is a very good manager under different circumstances and a different club.

We need someone able to get us up from the Championship and little I have seen from him so far suggests he is the man able to do that.

Yeah it's a difficult one. In one sense i think it would be wise to keep garde because I've no doubt he has recognised the players who need to be shipped out and knows what needs to be done....but on the other hand, has he the nouse for the championship and all that comes with it??

I wouldn't be disappointed if they stuck with him, i think he deserves a clean slate to start afresh in the summer.

But if they do get rid then we need to appoint someone in the mould of pearson/bruce who will get us back up at all costs. Whoever it is will also need a couple of months to assess and weed out all the losers. 

It's a tough call, perhaps this us why hollis and co are taking their time over it

• Like 1

I think it is that much more difficult in building something on the back of 2 wins in 20.

Fans, board members will know this and always have that element of doubt, particulary if we have a slow start.

New manager for me, despite the dastardly task Remi has had.

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it is that much more difficult in building something on the back of 2 wins in 20.

Fans, board members will know this and always have that element of doubt, particulary if we have a slow start.

New manager for me, despite the dastardly task Remi has had.

Yes, but he obviously ha an idea of exactly WHO the problems are and we don't have time for someone to come in and try and get the same knowledge in a non competitive setting and then do something abotu it all in time for the start of a long hard Championship season

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

One thing to remember, is this time the new manager will be chosen by Hollis and the board, Not fox or that customer services manager Faulkner.

I imagine it will be chosen by the "football board". So not Hollis at all.

Which is absolutely a good thing.

Â