New manager

KJT123

I already feel a little bit sorry for you Remi, not only do you join a club in an almost irreversible downward spiral but also your best friends are lying to you. Gerard Houllier has only gone and told him "great club with excellent facilities, a very good fanbase and they have a chairman that backs you." We all know that last one isn't true!

So good luck, you're sure going to need it. Don't expect time or patience from the players, press or fans. Don't expect more than a fiver in January. Do expect to be called useless if you can't save us, do expect to be called 'limited' if you don't get us in to European spots...

Like every manager before you I'll be backing you all the way, but regardless of your age, experience, nationality and support staff I fear you're on to a hiding to nothing.

Edited by jackbauer24
  • Like 2

He might be good, he might not. But he is a bloke who is nearly 50 with  just 3 years  of management experience in a foreign league behind him, and has coached  at only one club. That is a gamble.

No more a gamble than any other manager. Moyes isn't available so people still calling for him to become manager are living in cuckoo land, Pearson might've got Leicester out of it last season but they were in it with him for almost the entire season and as the squad has shown it shouldn't have been the case, so IMO he underachieved and that's without his crazy antics. Every appointment would've been a gamble. 

Hope we're patient with Remi. I'm afraid the knives will start coming out for him too soon, as they did for Houllier.

Houllier had the baggage of being ex Liverpool. I think most people will give him a fair go as long as he comes across as intelligent and has a plan/style for the side.  

Houllier did most of the damage for himself by getting all sentimental at Anfield and talking the club down a bit before he joined.

I think if he shows proper respect to the club and its fans he'll be off to a pretty good start.

• Like 1

It's a shame that the Villa job is such a poisoned chalice these days.  We know that at some point in the next three years we will hounding this guy out the place and that's if he's lucky.  He will be slaughtered by a large amount of people, supported by a few, as that seems to be us these days (and many other fans of other clubs).  Hope I am wrong but I would love some good years (meaning not flirting with relegation), some stability and just enjoy watching the Villa again.  Come on Remi, make me believe again!!!!!

It's a shame that the Villa job is such a poisoned chalice these days.  We know that at some point in the next three years we will hounding this guy out the place and that's if he's lucky.  He will be slaughtered by a large amount of people, supported by a few, as that seems to be us these days (and many other fans of other clubs).  Hope I am wrong but I would love some good years (meaning not flirting with relegation), some stability and just enjoy watching the Villa again.  Come on Remi, make me believe again!!!!!

Since the Premier League's inception, the longest time in the job for any Villa manager is 4 years. Would be nice if we had a setup where our manager was decent and could get on with the owner so we could push on rather than chop and change again.

Unfortunately Remi will need time which we dont have. Cant really blame him if we get relegated.. Tim Sherwood's awful start and the board's poor decisions (if the new players are still awful for us to be relegated) will be at fault.

However... im excited that we are getting Remi.. dissapointed we havent got his crew..  but i think the players we got in the off season are actually pretty good and have potential. Besides Gestede and Lescott...... i thought we did well. We are going to need Ayew to finish the season on 10+ goals to survive and possibly buy Charlie Austin or someone in January. Remi.. feel free to contact Lacazette ;).

Good luck. I think we will finish 14th.  

Edited by KSV