New manager

KJT123

Well he's got off on the wrong foot with me already.

I had bit the bullet to stick a grand down after I saw the odds going up all weekend, I logged on late last night after arriving in hotel to try and get the best odds just before a Monday release and it was all over the news already.

Missed chance!  But if I'm honest with myself, I was dithering as I worried...I just had a strong feeling on this one based on reading Trents stuff.

Well he's got off on the wrong foot with me already.

I had bit the bullet to stick a grand down after I saw the odds going up all weekend, I logged on late last night after arriving in hotel to try and get the best odds just before a Monday release and it was all over the news already.

Missed chance!  But if I'm honest with myself, I was dithering as I worried...I just had a strong feeling on this one based on reading Trents stuff.

Likewise. So I lumped on us to beat Tottenham at 8/1. So expect us to lose comfortably tonight!

I think the media will be on his back way before the fans. I don't know how friendly he is with the media but he's foreign and just replaced Tim "promising English manager" Sherwood. All those ex-pros who were tipping Pearson for the job will jump at the chance to proclaim that this is why you shouldn't appoint foreigners, how they don't "get" the English game etc.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

I think the media will be on his back way before the fans. I don't know how friendly he is with the media but he's foreign and just replaced Tim "promising English manager" Sherwood. All those ex-pros who were tipping Pearson for the job will jump at the chance to proclaim that this is why you shouldn't appoint foreigners, how they don't "get" the English game etc.

But surely the media will be ******* themselves over this appointment just like they did over Jurgen 'The Normal One' Klopp!

I wouldn't say tolerant . I'd say resigned apathy 

Gem.

Hence I just cant get overly excited about a change in manager anymore. Maybe that's a good sign, maybe we'll luck out coz we struck oil. I hope so. I really do, coz we all loves us a bit of Villa that's why we're here.

In reality I'm expecting the same players to be the same amount of good at football as they've shown themselves to be over the last 5-6 years and a load of cringeworthy interviews from fox et al about getting it right.

• Like 1

Welcome Remi.

I just want to consistent gameplan, players in their natural positions and sensible subs used.  I'm pretty sure points and confidence will come and from that the errors will start to disappear.  Without wanting to jinx tonight, we are the only team at the bottom that hasn't been getting smashed - I feel we're not far away from getting it together and getting a result.  

But surely the media will be ******* themselves over this appointment just like they did over Jurgen 'The Normal One' Klopp!

Nah. There are certain foreign managers the media like (for a while) but I don't think Garde is one of them. To them, he's not fit to lace Sherwood's boots because Sherwood has that all-important Premier League experience.

• Like 1

Welcome to the madhouse Remi. I hope you know what you have let yourself in for. Feel safe in the the knowledge that if you can put together a half decent team built around the handful of decent players we seem to have, then you will be loved almost immediately. If you can do more than that - give us an identity, get us looking forward to games again, and get us to mid-table consistently, you will be seen as a Messiah.

I'm pretty sure we are going to be entertained between now and the end of the season, and I wouldn't be amazed if we are out of the bottom 3 by the time we get to January. Still think we will be in trouble towards the tale end of the season though.