New manager

KJT123

Well he's got off on the wrong foot with me already.

I had bit the bullet to stick a grand down after I saw the odds going up all weekend, I logged on late last night after arriving in hotel to try and get the best odds just before a Monday release and it was all over the news already.

Missed chance!  But if I'm honest with myself, I was dithering as I worried...I just had a strong feeling on this one based on reading Trents stuff.

Likewise. So I lumped on us to beat Tottenham at 8/1. So expect us to lose comfortably tonight!

Haha, I'm too much of a pussy to take a risk like that.

It just seemed for so long that Remi was the real front runner, mostly in the press + anyone with any possible inside connection it seemed a shore bet to lump on when the odds went past evens!

It's not something I make a habbit of, but I fancied taking a life punt on this one and I lucked out.

I for one was never a little concerned about this because I wasn't sure whether he spoke English or not.

I'm concerned because there isnt a hell of a lot to suggest hes any good.

Realistically - I don't see who else we could have got that would be more highly regarded and potentially could fit in to our current structure and get the best out of our summer signings. Its a risk no doubt, but given the alternatives I think its one we have to take....

• Like 2

I've been told the delay is due to the official photo session which was taking place on the pitch at Villa Park but has now been moved to bodymoor as the ghost of Addebayor keeps appearing in the background of all the pics.

• Like 2

I think the media will be on his back way before the fans. I don't know how friendly he is with the media but he's foreign and just replaced Tim "promising English manager" Sherwood. All those ex-pros who were tipping Pearson for the job will jump at the chance to proclaim that this is why you shouldn't appoint foreigners, how they don't "get" the English game etc.

But surely the media will be ******* themselves over this appointment just like they did over Jurgen 'The Normal One' Klopp!

Nah. There are certain foreign managers the media like (for a while) but I don't think Garde is one of them. To them, he's not fit to lace Sherwood's boots because Sherwood has that all-important Premier League experience.

Who has ever said this?

I for one was never a little concerned about this because I wasn't sure whether he spoke English or not.

There is, you just choice to ignore it because you think he isn't the right man.

I think the media will be on his back way before the fans. I don't know how friendly he is with the media but he's foreign and just replaced Tim "promising English manager" Sherwood. All those ex-pros who were tipping Pearson for the job will jump at the chance to proclaim that this is why you shouldn't appoint foreigners, how they don't "get" the English game etc.

But surely the media will be ******* themselves over this appointment just like they did over Jurgen 'The Normal One' Klopp!

Nah. There are certain foreign managers the media like (for a while) but I don't think Garde is one of them. To them, he's not fit to lace Sherwood's boots because Sherwood has that all-important Premier League experience.

Who has ever said this?

No one of course but it's certainly the impression I get from a lot of the usual suspects in the media.

When you say the media do you mean ex-pros and mates of Sherwood, or do you mean all of the press? I always got the feeling that plenty of people in the written press thought Sherwood wasn’t all that. 

When you say the media do you mean ex-pros and mates of Sherwood, or do you mean all of the press? I always got the feeling that plenty of people in the written press thought Sherwood wasn’t all that. 

Mainly ex-pros but also a lot (although of course not all) of the written press.

Not wishing to be a bandwagon jumper or anything so can I say right now in advance Garde Out.

What was your "Only Villa..." post about the other day Ricardo?

It was a post detailed enough so that if something happened and the deal fell through he could say he knew about it, but simultaneously vague enough so that he could pass it off as nothing if Garde did sign.

ITK 101.

I should know

#StevoITK

Lol

Richard and Trent.

No word from #stevoITK yet though :thumb: 

what's scubasteve heard about this?

At least as much as "sky source's"

It's definitely going to be Garde. Unless it falls through at the last minute, which my sources tell me is possible #StevoITK

As I posted some days ago, only at villa 

only what?

Garde will be our next manager. Unless it's someone else #StevoITK 

Notch another correct prediction up to #StevoITK

Who has ever said this?

No one of course but it's certainly the impression I get from a lot of the usual suspects in the media.

I just don't get where all this comes from - and a whole load of people are at it.  Sherwood may well "sell stories" but I don't recollect anyone ever stating he is a manager with Premier League experience or that he is any good as a manager.  This isn't like the current Mourinho situation.  A lot of press may have said "he wasn't given much time"... but, let's face it, that's completely correct.

Remi Garde is currently being viewed as favourable in any case - even if that is because Arsene Wenger got involved.  Certainly no conspiracy stuff going on at all.

Richard and Trent.

No word from #stevoITK yet though :thumb: 

what's scubasteve heard about this?

At least as much as "sky source's"

It's definitely going to be Garde. Unless it falls through at the last minute, which my sources tell me is possible #StevoITK

As I posted some days ago, only at villa 

only what?

Garde will be our next manager. Unless it's someone else #StevoITK 

Notch another correct prediction up to #StevoITK

A bit early. It hasn't happened yet. Or not happened. 

There is, you just choice to ignore it because you think he isn't the right man.

Not ignoring it all. I don't know who the right man is. Personally, I think the club is in that much of a mess that we'd struggle with pretty much anyone.