New manager

KJT123

Was just pondering how much "premiership experience" Ferguson had when he joined Man Utd, or Wenger when he joined Arsenal. What about the dude ripping it up at Southampton ..... or Leicester or many of the other clubs doing pretty good this season ?

Why do we need somebody with premiership experience ?!!!! 

Because a football man said so 

• Like 1

Remi watches the Premier League every week on Canal+ he's no mug so I don't get this Premiership experience requisite.

He's also a quiet kind of chap which will make a change from listening to a mouthpiece like Sherwood. 

I watch the premiership every week.

Played in it as well have you? ;)

No. Tim sherwood has though. I'm really not sure what your point is? 

Really getting fed up with Stan's whinging about the club. My 'sources' tell me he's a total bellend who's full of shit. 

(I have no sources.)

He's a fan, he's fed up and he's using his media profile to apply pressure on the people running the club.  Fair play to him, I hope it continues. 

he's a bitter person who loved Fox in the summer now it seems he hates him because he sacked Sherwood and took his programme column off him. Collymore fell for Sherwoods PR. Fox has been in the role 12 months Almstadt not even 4 months. I think most of us liked the signings in the summer and we are trying to get a system in place that doesn't get ripped up every time a manager leaves. It works very well at Southampton and it's what we need Garde is a gamble but anybody is now 

I actually agree that this model is the right one, but it doesn't mean we've got the right people implementing the model.  I want Garde here but I think Stan makes some good points about the people at the top. The club is a mess and has been a mess for far too long.

Reilly and Almstadt  should not be anywhere near a premier league football club

And yet good enough for Arsenal and Liverpool?

Reilly did a cracking job at Liverpool. You never here Liverpool fans moan about the number of crap signings they made........

Was the man who pushed through the Benteke deal when no one else (including Lambert) wanted him.

edit read it wrong

Edited by Jimzk5

Really getting fed up with Stan's whinging about the club. My 'sources' tell me he's a total bellend who's full of shit. 

(I have no sources.)

He's a fan, he's fed up and he's using his media profile to apply pressure on the people running the club.  Fair play to him, I hope it continues. 

he's a bitter person who loved Fox in the summer now it seems he hates him because he sacked Sherwood and took his programme column off him. Collymore fell for Sherwoods PR. Fox has been in the role 12 months Almstadt not even 4 months. I think most of us liked the signings in the summer and we are trying to get a system in place that doesn't get ripped up every time a manager leaves. It works very well at Southampton and it's what we need Garde is a gamble but anybody is now 

I actually agree that this model is the right one, but it doesn't mean we've got the right people implementing the model.  I want Garde here but I think Stan makes some good points about the people at the top. The club is a mess and has been a mess for far too long.

time will tell but I'm quite optimistic we have the right people. If the players we signed in the summer kick on and we stay up we'll be in a good position next summer that's a big IF though  

Was just pondering how much "premiership experience" Ferguson had when he joined Man Utd, or Wenger when he joined Arsenal. What about the dude ripping it up at Southampton ..... or Leicester or many of the other clubs doing pretty good this season ?

Why do we need somebody with premiership experience ?!!!! 

That Leicester fella made the foundation for Chelsea's first Mourinho championship. Other than that, I agree. ;)

• Like 1

Houllier said some great things about us in that article, that he says he said to Garde...... and yet I bet the part about 'an owner that backs you' is the bit that people pick out.

yes we will pick it out because its utter crap

Good on you. I rarely chose to moan about the things I can't effect. Instead, I'll take from that article that Garde is 99% confirmed, that he is well respected and that Houllier has talked us up well to him.

I'm **** sick of Collymore too. Some of what he says may be true, but it's lost in a sea of bile and resentment.

What he knows about Remi Garde would fit on a postage stamp. Why blind the message with such twaddle?

what we all know about garde would fit on a postage stamp. So I'm lost as to why people think this is a good appointment.

It might be. It might not. We just simply don't know.

You say this, yet you said you 100% agree with Stan's article and everything he says. Which includes that Garde isn't a good appointment because he has no experience.

Hypocritical.

no he actually says hes not sure whether we'd stay up or not with garde. 

He says that the way we've chosen garde isn't ideal and I have to agree, if he's been picked in anyway shape or form similar to how these god awful players we have were picked.

So you're not willing to give these "god awful players" a proper chance under an actual football manager? It's 10 games and out for you?

Well it wasnt even that for the manager really.

Didn't hear you questioning that.

I most certainly did, right up until post Stoke. My reasons for wanting him gone in the end were not as black and white as you might want to suggest, nor are my opinions on the squad. They are clearly a poor set of players, relatively speaking, but in them I see room for improvement under the right coach and a chance for survival. I have seen what I believe to be enough individual talent to scrape by once more. Sherwood was not that coach, in my opinion. Rather than "smelling the coffee" and chucking the towel in on them I am willing to give them a chance under a coach whom I believe will do a better job at getting the best out of them, being an actual football manager and all. If that happens to be 17th position then great, I'll take it. 

If you want to quit that's fine. I know you don't go to the games, I'm not entirely sure you still watch every week? If you do I would have to wonder why you bother. Either way, let's hope I'm right and they are better than their league position suggests. 

Welcome Remi.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

So many posts about Collymore, Christ if you don't like him, ignore him, he's a journalist now, his job is to get listeners and sell stories, don't be surprised when he says something you don't agree with, just ignore it. I can't believe I've read so many SC posts.

daily mail running it too now:

Remi Garde is expected to be confirmed as Aston Villa’s new manager on Monday morning.

The Frenchman is understood to have met with owner Randy Lerner last week after chief executive Tom Fox sounded out Arsene Wenger over the former Arsenal player.

Garde will sign a three-and-a-half year contract at Villa, though it is believed caretaker manager Kevin MacDonald will oversee the team for Monday's match at Tottenham.

Bastia coach Reginald Ray is expected to become one of the 49-year-old’s assistants, but Garde has not yet succeeded in bringing Gérald Baticle and Bruno Génésio to join him from Lyon.

Garde will inherit a team in crisis after Tim Sherwood’s sacking. Villa currently sit rock bottom of the Premier League with only four points from 10 games.

Garde's first game in sole charge is likely to be against table-topping Manchester City next Sunday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3299432/Remi-Garde-named-Aston-Villa-boss-Monday-Tim-Sherwood-sacking.html

So many posts about Collymore, Christ if you don't like him, ignore him, he's a journalist now, his job is to get listeners and sell stories, don't be surprised when he says something you don't agree with, just ignore it. I can't believe I've read so many SC posts.

Journalist? Please don't take the piss. He's a pundit and a poor one at that. Don't mistake that for being a journalist which takes years of training and understanding.