New manager

KJT123

Hope we're patient with Remi. I'm afraid the knives will start coming out for him too soon, as they did for Houllier.

The knives came out for Houlier because of his fawning over Liverpool and his comments after we lost at Anfield. 

Yeah I know, he was just a loose comparison. My point was that we seem to turn on managers pretty quick if they're not getting results regardless of circumstances.

Hope we're patient with Remi. I'm afraid the knives will start coming out for him too soon, as they did for Houllier.

The knives came out for Houlier because of his fawning over Liverpool and his comments after we lost at Anfield. 

Yeah I know, he was just a loose comparison. My point was that we seem to turn on managers pretty quick if they're not getting results regardless of circumstances.

I don't particularly think that is true personally.

We've just had some terrible appointments and 6 years of rubbish football, selling our best players and awful football and home results.

Given the above I actually think our fans have been very tolerant 

• Like 2

contract until end of season with option for another 2 years according to french football news, also saying we tried for the st Etienne manager first but was rebuffed

Which is BS.

Any idea on his staff trent? did he get the preferred two?

No sorry, not sure. But as I said previously Lyon can stop us talking to them they can't stop them quitting. If they aren't joining now I suspect they will still follow as the pair from Norwich did.

• Like 2

I also think the knives came out from a fair few (not all) for Houllier, even before wave-gate at Anfield. I remember a number of fans having a go at the 'tika taka' style of football, despite many of us seeing a noticeable improvement on the pitch, even if results didn't show much improvement.

The fact that the Liverpool and Arsenal wins at the end of the season are often credited to Gary McCallister, shows you how much people thought of Houllier. It was clearly Houllier's team and philosophy of the whole season being played by a caretaker manager, and yet people still often refuse to attribute those wins to Houllier.

I hope people give Garde the time he needs. Even if we don't win for the next 5 games, I hope people consider that he might not be an 'instant impact man motivator' manager, but in fact someone who may need time to embed a philosophy which will hopefully put us at a high station than we have been in recent years.

I will hold my hand up here. First and foremost I want to see an improvement in results (Not unreasonable given our league position), If Remi starts spouting of about 'football ethos' and 'footballing philosophy', whilst the results are still poor then IMO thats no good. - We don't have time  

Give me a few scrappy 1-0 wins in November and I will be more than that !

Edited by hippo

I also think the knives came out from a fair few (not all) for Houllier, even before wave-gate at Anfield. I remember a number of fans having a go at the 'tika taka' style of football, despite many of us seeing a noticeable improvement on the pitch, even if results didn't show much improvement.

The fact that the Liverpool and Arsenal wins at the end of the season are often credited to Gary McCallister, shows you how much people thought of Houllier. It was clearly Houllier's team and philosophy of the whole season being played by a caretaker manager, and yet people still often refuse to attribute those wins to Houllier.

I hope people give Garde the time he needs. Even if we don't win for the next 5 games, I hope people consider that he might not be an 'instant impact man motivator' manager, but in fact someone who may need time to embed a philosophy which will hopefully put us at a high station than we have been in recent years.

I'm not so sure that results in his absence should be so easily attributed to him even if it was his team. Let's not forget Liverpool's best league finish under Houllier was in his absence while the same guy was picking the team.

Anyway back to Garde.

Sorry if he's not going to have an instant impact we shouldn't have appointed him. - Not winning for next 5 games would pretty much consign to the championship. He will find it easier to embed his philosophy (whatever that means!) if we win a few games.

He has to be judged on results - no excuses. 

• Like 2

I remember most people had an instant dislike for Houllier because he said we were traditonally a mid table team in one of his early press conferences. Personally I think if Houllier had been replaced with a manager in a similar mould back then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. We went from the MON British approach to trying to implement the Houllier continental approach mid season which caused us problems at the time, but if persevered with over the summer break could have put us on a sounder footing moving forward, especially as we enjoyed some decent form towards the end of the season. Lerner though, decided to rip up everything and start again on the British route again with McLeish and the rest we all know.

• Like 1

Houllier, clapped the Liverpool home fans and ignored the Villa fans after we had just been beat ....2-0? He also struggled to win with a team that had Young and quite a few other good players, it wasn't till he had to step down that G Mac stepped in and the results improved enough for us to finish in a half decent league position.

If Remi comes i hope he gets his backroom staff, he will need all the help he can get and he doesn't need the hassle of having to get to know new coaches. It also shows we will back him 100%.