New manager

KJT123

"

Sorry if he's not going to have an instant impact we shouldn't have appointed him. - Not winning for next 5 games would pretty much consign to the championship. He will find it easier to embed his philosophy (whatever that means!) if we win a few games.

He has to be judged on results - no excuses." -

So if he doesn't win the first match, or the second, or the third, or the fourth, then you want him out?

Who exactly could guarantee the immediate wins you say we need?!

His contract is till the end of the season with an option of taking another two terms after it.

Takes the shine off abit. 

Is this confirmed? Doesn't make sense to me.

he won't commit when there's a very real risk of us being relegated. Seems fair enough to me.

• Like 1

But also fair enough for us too, if we do get relegated would we really want to keep him on? So hardly a bad deal. 

Unless he's absolute garbage then, for me, yes.  I think stability at a club is incredibly underrated.

• Like 1

I guess after getting stung with Sherwoods contract the club want to make sure we dont get stung with a big compensation. As for Garde, this isn't something new for him, he had a 12 month rolling contract at Lyon so all seems pretty sensible all round to me.

The French press are reporting the correct contact agreement.  L'equipe has reported the 2 year option. The English press have been playing catch up that whole time tbh. I expect the club will want the contract till the end of the year in case they need to sack him and it suits him too, as his worked under short contracts at Lyon and he can walk at the end of the Season  if he is not happy. Hopefully it works out better for all involved. 

Edited by OneNightInRotterdam

Hash perhaps, but he needs an instant impact, we really can't afford to get cut further adrift. Good luck Remi, you're going to need it. 

The man City game is a freebie. Hopefully he can use the Spurs game (watching) and the City game (managing) to get settled in. Then we need to start seeing progress in performances or results (preferably both obviously)

His contract is till the end of the season with an option of taking another two terms after it.

Takes the shine off abit. 

Only if there are signs of improvement.

If we’re total shit it would be best for both parties.

It will be annoying if we are clearly annoying but only just go down and he **** off, we’re back to square one.... in the championship.

• Like 1

Contract speculation is pointless until it's all confirmed. Everywhere I'm seeing is reporting 3 and a half years and that's pretty standard for us, so I'd assume/hope it's that, but we'll see.

I think he will make us hard to beat initially but I did read that he enjoys attacking football, so hopefully we'll go through a few dull 0-0's and come out nicking a few.