Adama Traore

mwj

Watching Pedro for Chelsea makes you realise the level Adama will need to hit consistently to even get a sniff at Barca.

My friend text me regarding the run from Adama after seeing it in MOTD, saying he was unchallenged, I replied with they couldn't get near him because of his pace, and they were terrified of him so backed off. Had Soare on toast. Leeds fan who thinks everything Villa is shit, and can't have a proper conversation with him!

Fantastic speed, and noticeably wanting to get to the byline and send it into the middle. We just need the guys in there to take advantage of that. If he can get the balls across at head height rather than low, Gestede will put them in.

Wonder how this buy back clause after 3 seasons works? What if for example City bid 50M for him next summer. Do Barca still get first choice?

I assume we can accept their bid but have to accept whatever Barca offer, then it's up to him.

The thing with him is he is not a much team player so he would suite a ream like us more than Barca.

His pace is frightening. The this with it is hes good technically. Let him see some space and he will try his own.

Double check him and the Gil Grealish could have more fun.

Really excited by this team. If the result was a draw the goal taste would have been a lot better.

Id start him against Notts and atleast give him half an hour against Sunderland.

Can't be many players in the league who are faster with the ball than him?

Or accelerate from standing quite so quickly with the ball, just explosive how he takes off. Sherwood seems to think he has what it takes to mature this crop of youngsters into the real deal. Right now we have Grealish who looks to be a yard ahead mentally than most players even at this level, and has great feet; then there's this lad who in terms of raw physical pace and power seems to be a cut above most players at this level, plus he looks to have good technique. If Sherwood can get the best out of those two consistently for a few years and they stay injury free then we shoudl see some really nice football and tear some teams apart. Obviously a great striker would be nice for them to work with ;)

• Like 1

Can't be many players in the league who are faster with the ball than him?

Or accelerate from standing quite so quickly with the ball, just explosive how he takes off. Sherwood seems to think he has what it takes to mature this crop of youngsters into the real deal. Right now we have Grealish who looks to be a yard ahead mentally than most players even at this level, and has great feet; then there's this lad who in terms of raw physical pace and power seems to be a cut above most players at this level, plus he looks to have good technique. If Sherwood can get the best out of those two consistently for a few years and they stay injury free then we shoudl see some really nice football and tear some teams apart. Obviously a great striker would be nice for them to work with ;)

We don't need a great striker. We need someone who is capable of hitting the target & at least make the keeper work. Then chances our team miss are really basic level

So exciting to finally see him play, plus he crosses and realises he's allowed!!!!!!

Amazing. 

Really looking forward to two things. Gestede improving his overall game and Kozak finally getting a shot, I really do think Adama's pace and skills will complement an intelligent striker who knows where to be and why.

Agreed I remember one of the write ups on Adama saying he needed an intelligent 9 to find with his crosses.

I dont think he is all about the accuracy with his crosses a la Beckham more just flashes it across into dangerous areas. So it will be about intelligent movement.

I actually think that was what Ayew was bought for as it seems to be were a lot of his goals came from in Lorient last year. Hopefully once they are both fully fit and understand the tempo of the league they may form a decent understanding.

• Like 2

the only criticism and minor as just a cameo and he still young was his crossing wasnt that powerful from what I saw. The goal was a terrible cross and he made another run soon after which wasnt a great cross either and think still got a corner from it

maybe im being too harsh  :lol:

the only criticism and minor as just a cameo and he still young was his crossing wasnt that powerful from what I saw. The goal was a terrible cross and he made another run soon after which wasnt a great cross either and think still got a corner from it

maybe im being too harsh  :lol:

Shows that if you cross from dangerous positions the cross itself doesn't have to be anything special to cause problems. Too often in first half we crossed from deep without trying to get past the fullback & those ones have to be absolutely perfect for strikers to get anything out of it  - usually just caught by keeper or cleared with an easy defensive header.

Â