Adama Traore

mwj

It's normal. Sherwood doesn't want to put too much pressure on any of them.

It's not 'normal'. Some players come and hit the ground running. Others dont and take time.

If all of our new lads take a season to get used to the league then we're in danger of going down. Again.

Granted, amavi has hit the ground running but the rest are already being labelled with the 'Itl take time to adjust'.

Sherwood's just cooling our expectations a bit. It didn't take him long to make an even less experienced Grealish a permanent fixture in the team last year. He'll play soon enough. Wide forward players are the ones that lend themselves most to rotation, and Traore won't be far down the pecking order.

Starting to fear we've signed too many players who need 'time'. We simply don't have it.

I think you're wrong on this.

Amavi - looks ready

Gana - looks ready

Gestede - just needs to work on fitness

Richards - captain, and ready

Ayew - yes, needs time to settle

Veretout - needs time

Traore - hasn't played a game yet but I imagine will be eased in due to age / experience / expectation

Bunn - back up but looked ok in preseason

Crespo - back up and injured

With Ayew and Veretout, we're ok in terms of personnel to afford them the time to get adjusted to the league and a new country. I also think Tim is still looking for an experienced CF should Adebayor not come.

It's not like it's the whole team we're talking about, and I very much doubt it will take a whole season for the new boys to get up to speed. Tim's building a squad here, so we're less reliant on individual performers. 

• Like 1

It's not 'normal'. Some players come and hit the ground running. Others dont and take time.

If all of our new lads take a season to get used to the league then we're in danger of going down. Again.

Granted, amavi has hit the ground running but the rest are already being labelled with the 'Itl take time to adjust'.

Veretout clearly needs 'time' to get up to speed physically. That's a shame, but not a big deal. If he needs 'time' to be good enough, well then, that's a bigger issue but I think he'll be okay. Gestede is the same. 

Ayew I'm more concerned about, I know he isn't fit enough but I also don't know if he's good enough. 

The others are fine IMO, except possibly Crespo who will be backup anyway. 

I don't think we have anything too much to worry about. As I said in the Palace thread, I hope Veretout and Ayew are given a rest this afternoon and then played against Notts Co. I don't suppose it'll happen. 

• Like 1

Surprised if we've spent 7 or 8 m on a player who won't be playing much this year

That's my view on it as well. We wouldn't be spending that much on a prospect when we still lack in other areas, notably up front. 

I think we'll see Traore enough this year  :)

Only Ayew and Veretout need time.

The real problem is being afforded the time for the team to gel.

Only Ayew and Veretout need time.

The real problem is being afforded the time for the team to gel.

That is the problem there are a few who are very impatient and don't have the wisdom or inclination to do that. But that's true for all clubs I presume. I personally don't think we will struggle as before. Very optimistic that once we gel we will get even better.

Starting to fear we've signed too many players who need 'time'. We simply don't have it.

I think you're wrong on this.

Amavi - looks ready

Gana - looks ready

Gestede - just needs to work on fitness

Richards - captain, and ready

Ayew - yes, needs time to settle

Veretout - needs time

Traore - hasn't played a game yet but I imagine will be eased in due to age / experience / expectation

Bunn - back up but looked ok in preseason

Crespo - back up and injured

With Ayew and Veretout, we're ok in terms of personnel to afford them the time to get adjusted to the league and a new country. I also think Tim is still looking for an experienced CF should Adebayor not come.

It's not like it's the whole team we're talking about, and I very much doubt it will take a whole season for the new boys to get up to speed. Tim's building a squad here, so we're less reliant on individual performers.

Fair post but I disagree on gueye n gestede. Thought gueye looked world class for 25 mins and then hopeless for the rest of it. Gestede I was disappointed with. Showed no threat at all.

We will have to see but as it stands I'd say only richards and amavi will make a sustained impact over the next few weeks/months.

Â