Rudy Gestede

midian

I'm guessing tomorrow will be too soon for Gestede (and Veretout), simply because they haven't even trained with the team once.

I'd like to be wrong though!

From looking at his goals reel he reminds me of Andy Carroll. What I like about it is him and Carroll are two of the few forwards remaining who actually head the ball properly rather than many who just let it hit their head which loops hopelessly over the bar.

As long as Bacuna and Amavi get crosses in we'll continue to have forwards to get on the end of them.

He's going to be a weapon bringing off the bench in last 20 minutes and could well be a starter later on in the season. Will be a big crowd favourite aswell with his name.

Late to the party here, but welcome Rudy!

Having watched last season's goals it's clear he knows how to use his noggin. Some great headers last season. Seems a really good price for him too.

I think he'll start as our main forward and we'll go from there.

Scored more headed in goal in the last 2 seasons than anyone in the top 4 tiers of English football.

Get the delivery right and he can be a Rudy good player for us...

Benteke must have scored the second most. Upgrade!

https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/627097665122119680

Rudy Gestede: Has won at least 132 more aerial duels (572) than any other player in the last 2 Championship seasons #brfc

That stat was mentioned earlier in this thread, but it's good that you re-upped it. He looks absolutely determined get his head on balls ;).

I haven't seen too many more players who are so maniacal in the air.

I'm guessing tomorrow will be too soon for Gestede (and Veretout), simply because they haven't even trained with the team once.

I'd like to be wrong though!

You're probably right, but it's only a friendly after all. No harm in throwing them in unless they've literally not trained at all for a few weeks, which I doubt very much.

The OS did mention on one of the Veretout stories that after going around BMH and VP for photo shoots he went back to preparing for tomorrow's friendly, or pretty much words to that effect. I'd like to see them both in action since I'm going to the game tomorrow. It's been a long time since I've been this excited for the Villa ^_^  

• Like 1

Kaiser chiefs: Ruby

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!

Aaaaahaaahahahahaaaa

Over and over again until it fades out then a brave choir of one trys to get it started again only to have his mate just stare at him then those around him start laughing.

Ron-Manager-isn_t-it.jpg

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Most of his headers in that video seem to come from crosses from the left side. He and Monsieur Amavi just might have the makings of a beautiful friendship.

Â