Rudy Gestede

midian

I always find that its good to look at the reaction of the clubs fans on hearing news on a player leaving as to how good a player is. 

I always find that it's not good to do that.

Really!

Obviously a lot of the time comments have to be taken with the understanding that they will be emotional, but I cant think of a better way to judge the player other than by the fans who watch him every week.

doesnt seem great way to do it too be honest. Youre saying if fans dont want them and are happy for them to leave, then they arnt that good. Top 4 teams selling a players to relegation battlers are more likely to not want that player as he isnt top 4 quality. That doesnt mean hes going to be bad for us, the player could be awesome! e.g United fans happy to get rid of cleverly but he is clearly good enough for a side like us

Same goes for a side in championship, they may not want him to leave but that doesnt mean hes good enough for a prem side.

It only makes sense to look at it how youre looking at it if the teams are in similar position to villa.

Edited by gharperr

Not really.  Its fair to say that fans will give a reasonable evaluation of a player, if you look through the gumph.

It doesnt really matter about the level as they will know more than most if they will likely handle the step.

Its not fullproof obviously, just a good indicator.

its not a reasonable evaluation because theyre judging the players qualities in relation to their team/where they should be in the league. Not aston villa positon

They can give a more detaled evaluation on how he will perform for aston villa as they watch him week in week out. But thats not what you said. But that means they can happy for him to leave because hes not good enough for them, but also happy for him to join villa as hes good enough for us

Edited by gharperr

Not really.  Its fair to say that fans will give a reasonable evaluation of a player, if you look through the gumph.

It doesnt really matter about the level as they will know more than most if they will likely handle the step.

Its not fullproof obviously, just a good indicator.

Really? Reasonable? Have you read threads on here? we have divided opinions but reasonable evaluation??? No chance - one week (match) it's great - next match and one mistake - he's shit get rid. So sorry I don't think it's correct - we were calling delph class but as soon as he snaked us it's he was shit anyway!!

League Cup final 2012 sticks in my head, when he was very poor in a strong Cardiff performance.

By the sounds of it he's absolutely transformed himself since then, which is great news. Looking forward to seeing him cause some trouble.

"Who needs Benteke, we've got Rudy instead" is great.

Although I'd prefer if he was a CM so we could sing it about Delph. That way I'd be happy singing it and not actually weeping inconsolably.

Â