Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

yeah, I spat a bit of coffee out when I saw the word "Superb" used in the match thread. Things still broke down with him a fair bit but much, much better. Couple of nice corners whipped in with pace and curl too. After all these years of the Bannan/Westwood floaty crap he deserves a gold star just for that. 

You realise people use superlatives at times when they are particularly excited or enthused don't you? You spit your coffee out, personally I'd much rather see people get carried away than sniping at other fans for doing so.

I thought he had a decent game. Looked like a premier league footballer. I think he will improve.

Yep, I get that. I do it myself as you are well aware. Does this seriously annoy you though? and is it really sniping at other fans? I mean I could have chosen to find a quote and thrown some names around if that was truly my intention. I too thought he had a decent game, probably nearer good considering the situation, his own form and confidence and the opposition today. I too think he'll improve and it's something Ive suggested from the start of his time here so nothing changed there for me. Some of the hyperbole thrown around in here is ridiculous too, people writing him off after a couple of games and such. That sort of stuff tends to provoke the same reaction in me as people describing an ok performance as a superb one, in that its a bit over the top and extreme either way. I don't seem to be accused of sniping when I make that point though. As ever, I'm just sayin'.

It does annoy me when fans get a bit snotty over others going OTT yes.

Very good today, I enjoyed seeing him burst forward from midfield and carry the ball forward. Against lesser opposition he will be able to play further forward and create more. He will get fitter with more games, but there is definitely a player in there. 

I think he will be one of the biggest beneficiaries of Garde. Good set pieces too. 

• Like 4

Looks very promising. To have a pretty decent game, against an incredibly strong team, having had very few minutes on the pitch this season, says a lot about him. Really hope he's given a chance to shine - miles better than Westwood etc.

Edited by jasonperry_uk

I think he would benefit from a decent run in the side, in a consistent role and consistent position, which should come under Garde hopefully.

I thought he was a little 'clumsy' with the ball early on, but grew in confidence as the game went on. He played well the majority of the game, seemed assured on the ball for the most part, although he did seem to tire later on. Those sort of things usually come with match fitness and getting minutes under ones belt. I hope he carries on improving.

Twice the player of Westwood

Disagree so far. Hasn't done anything better than Westwood has done in a Villa shirt thus far.

He can drive forward and beat players, you don't get that from Westwood.

That doesn't mean he's better, just different. 

Saw nothing in his performance to suggest he should have been rotting on the bench under Sherwood. He has good drive and can pick a pass very well.

Will only get better when he forms an understanding with Ayew and Gil.

Twice the player of Westwood

Disagree so far. Hasn't done anything better than Westwood has done in a Villa shirt thus far.

He can drive forward and beat players, you don't get that from Westwood.

That doesn't mean he's better, just different. 

Depends what you're looking for from a game of football.

Â