Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

I dont know why but he has shown glipses but I honestly think this guy is going to be class for us once he settles. Sherwood has just bloody taken the guy in and out the side. he looked good against blose 2nd half then wasnt he benched the following game or game before? then last week he wasnt even in the squad?

I think he has been badly managed just like ayew

I must have seen glimpses of a different Veretout to eveyone else? I think he looks way off the pace and way out of his depth so far. I feel we may have another Berson

I must have seen glimpses of a different Veretout to eveyone else? I think he looks way off the pace and way out of his depth so far. I feel we may have another Berson

He needs to be given consistent games in the side, not the odd sub performance. I want to see westwood out of the side and Veretout and Gana given cm. I think these two would do every well. I find that alot of our sideway balls come when westwood passes the ball

I think it is a little to early to judge him as with Ayew. He played the AM role for Nantes last season so playing him in a more of a holding role isn't necessarily where he will shine most. I think it is no surprise his best moments for Villa have so far been in advanced positions.

Hasn't looked that good to me. Technically early days, but at best he has been neat and tidy, at worst just totally ineffective. My issue is that he appears to be too similar to Westwood, whereas what I expected was more of a play maker.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I think it is a little to early to judge him as with Ayew. He played the AM role for Nantes last season so playing him in a more of a holding role isn't necessarily where he will shine most. I think it is no surprise his best moments for Villa have so far been in advanced positions.

Quite true, but problem is there isn't really anymore time for Ayew and Veretout to settle in. We need them to perform now!

I think woeful is stretching it by a mile. Poor maybe, average certainly.

Anyone who thinks those performances have been woeful has maybe way too high standards for players playing in a bottom end Premier League club. IMO.

• Like 2

Disagree, I think he's shown that he can play a bit of football but at the same time that he's way off the pace of the prem, he'll come good if he gets a chance, the problem with not being ready is it's a 2 edged sword, you won't get better from watching...

I personally am absolutely convinced that due to the lack of quality in there we have to play a 3 man midfield, at the moment for me that would be veretout, Gana, Sanchez

Sanchez anchor, Gana workhouse, veretout pushing forward

I think woeful is stretching it by a mile. Poor maybe, average certainly.

Anyone who thinks those performances have been woeful has maybe way too high standards for players playing in a bottom end Premier League club. IMO.

Yes, 'woeful' is strong, should be reserved for players who have actually cost points with their mistakes. Lescott and Guzan have been 'woeful', Veretout has been 'not up to speed'. 

• Like 1

He needs to be given consistent games in the side, not the odd sub performance. 

no, he needs to be showing that hes better than westwood and co in training to get the consistent game time. Not just because hes a player we signed so he must get consistent games. You shouldnt just be given Apps, should be earning them and maybe he just isnt showing it training? (certainly hasnt shown hes an improvement over westwood and co when hes come on the pitch so its hard to just give him a game for sake of it. Seems wrong to)

Edited by gharperr

Fack me, he really should've gone to Leicester then if that's the case.

He isn't looked great so far I agree, I got the impression he would be a slow burner from his first two starts when he made no impact. From highlights of the Stoke game he does seem to have a decent touch on the ball and also showed he's one of the few in our midfield who can actually run with it from the halfway line before he fell over. End product was lacking both teams but he clearly has something with all those assists for Nantes.

Â